Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
3/25 results:

SSM won 5-2, Villalta stopped 31/33, Dudas had a Goal(1) and was -1. (SSM leads 2-1)

3/26 games:

Niagara (Thomas) @ North Bay
Guelph (Phillips, Durzi) @ Kitchener
Spokane (JAD) @ Portland

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
Karpat won yesterday, 2-1. Kupari was scoreless and Karpat is up 3-0

early this season, I was hoping we would see Kupari, Mikey Anderson (if signed) ,JAD and possibly a college free agent playing on the Kings by late March.
Looks like not going to happen. Better they all get playoff experience. Still hopeful they sign a college free agent, that is still available...at this point, not even Amadio or Luff can get playing time, but should be.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
early this season, I was hoping we would see Kupari, Mikey Anderson (if signed) ,JAD and possibly a college free agent playing on the Kings by late March.
Looks like not going to happen. Better they all get playoff experience. Still hopeful they sign a college free agent, that is still available...at this point, not even Amadio or Luff can get playing time, but should be.

I know you are excited but why the hell would you want to see all four of these guys playing NHL games by late March? For them to be playing, that means that the Kings would be terrible and that their respective clubs flamed out of the playoffs.

Why burn off a year of their contracts as well?

Let them prove it in camp. Every prospect should be licking their chops as this might be the most wide open camp the Kings have had in years.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
I know you are excited but why the hell would you want to see all four of these guys playing NHL games by late March? For them to be playing, that means that the Kings would be terrible and that their respective clubs flamed out of the playoffs.

Why burn off a year of their contracts as well?

Let them prove it in camp. Every prospect should be licking their chops as this might be the most wide open camp the Kings have had in years.

My guess is that since the season was done by 11/1, that's the thinking, as far as burning a year on the contracts, they could've played the last ~3 weeks of the season without burning a year (9 game rule).

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
3/26 results:

Niagara won 6-0, Thomas was scoreless and +1. (NIAG leads 2-1)
Guelph won 6-3, Durzi had an Assist(3) and +1. (GUE leads 3-0)
Spokane won 5-4 in OT, Anderson-Dolan had an Assist(1) and +1. (SPO leads 2-1)

3/27 games:

Sudbury @ Mississauga (Ingham)
SSM (Villalta) @ Owen Sound (Dudas)
Spokane (JAD) @ Portland

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
My guess is that since the season was done by 11/1, that's the thinking, as far as burning a year on the contracts, they could've played the last ~3 weeks of the season without burning a year (9 game rule).

Point taken on the contract issue, although I thought that didn't apply to late-season NCAA guys.

Regardless, patience is a virtue. I say that as someone who also can't wait to see a lot of new faces out there.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
3/27 results:

Spokane won 4-3 in OT, Anderson-Dolan had 2 Assists(3) and +3. (SPO leads 3-1)
Mississauga lost 4-1, Ingham stopped 28/31. (MISS lost 4-0)
SSM won 5-2, Villalta stopped 24/26, Dudas had an Assist(1) and was even. (SSM leads 3-1)

3/28 games:

Niagara (Thomas) @ North Bay
Guelph (Durzi, Phillips) @ Kitchener

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
SKA won game 1 in the Semifinals. I don't think Prokhorkin or Dergachyev played.

KopitarFAN's format is always cleaner, but Durzi had 2 assists in Guelph's 5-1 win. Phillips didn't score. Guelph won the series 4-0.

Durzi looked pretty good with the parts of the game I saw. Biggest issue is he got outmuscled off the puck when on the powerplay, which led to a shorthanded chance against. However, he looked very deceptive in moving the puck. Phillips looked decent but didn't stand out much, either. Gonna try to catch some more games.

Reactions: KopitarFAN

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
3/28 results:

Niagara won 5-3, Thomas had an Assist(2) and +1. (NIAG leads 3-1)
Guelph won 5-1, Durzi had 2 Assists(5) and +2. Phillips was scoreless and +1. (GUE won 4-0)

3/29 games:

North Bay @ Niagara (Thomas)
Owen Sound (Dudas) @ SSM (Villalta)

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
David Hrenak let in 2 goals in 13 shots as American International stunned St. Cloud, eliminating them from the NCAA tournament. Only Mikey Anderson remains in the NCAA tournament.

Akil Thomas played really well in Niagara's 4-0 win. As stated, the backhand goal was pretty slick. He also caused traffic in front of the net which led to another goal for Niagara. On the powerplay, he kept the play alive after a net scramble. He didn't get an assist, but his actions led to the goal.

One amusing, if not ratty thing, he did: Akil Thomas ran into a player (it looked like an accident), causing both of them to fall, and Thomas seemed hurt, as he stayed down a little bit longer. After the whistle was blown and the trainer came up to him, he eventually got up. He looked to the North Bay bench and waved "bye bye", as the Ice Dogs were up 4-0 with 40 seconds to go.

At first I thought he went to the penalty box, but nothing showed up in the box score. So maybe they decided against it? Either way, ratty, but when you are cheering for him, it's amusing.

Edit: It showed up in the box score later. He did get a penalty.

Last edited:
Reactions: kingsofLA

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Along with Akil Thomas, Matthew Villalta made 20 saves on 24 shots for a 7-4 win. SSM won the series 4-1.

Aiden Dudas also had 2 goals for Owen Sound.

In round 2, Sault Ste Marie (Villalta) plays against Saginaw.

Guelph (Durzi, Phillips) plays against London.

Niagara (Thomas) is dependent on the winner of the Oshawa/Peterborough series. If Oshawa wins, Niagara will play Oshawa. If Peterborough wins, Niagara plays Sudbury.

Reactions: KopitarFAN

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Jaret Anderson-Dolan was scoreless in game 5, but Spokane won 4-1 to take the series 4-1.

They advance to the quarterfinals, playing the Everett Silvertips in round 2.

Minnesota-Duluth plays Quinnipiac tomorrow in the second round. Winner will play whomever wins between Providence and Cornell.

Reactions: DoktorJeep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad