Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
3/8 results:

Mississauga lost 6-1, Ingham stopped 15/20, was pulled at 25:10.
Niagara won 3-0, Thomas had an Assist(61) and +2.
Guelph lost 5-3, Phillips was scoreless and -1.
Spokane won 4-1, Anderson-Dolan had a Goal(16) and +1.

3/9 games:

Mississauga (Ingham) @ Erie
Sarnia @ SSM (Villalta)
Guelph (Phillips) @ Owen Sound (Dudas)
Victoria @ Spokane (JAD)

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
3/9 results:

Mississauga lost 5-3, Ingham didn't face a shot, playing 2:38 in the 3rd.
SSM won 6-1, Villalta stopped 32/33.
Guelph won 7-2, Phillips had an Assist(20) and +1. Dudas had an Assist(34) and was even.
Spokane won 6-1, Anderson-Dolan had a Goal(17) and was +1.

3/10 games:

Barrie @ Niagara (Thomas)
Windsor @ SSM (Villalta)
Kitchener @ Guelph (Phillips)

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
3/10 results:

Niagara won 4-3, Thomas had a Goal(35), an Assist(62) and -1.
SSM lost 4-3 in OT, Villalta stopped 12/13 playing 32:24 in relief.
Guelph lost 5-2, Phillips had an Assist(21) and +2.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Prokhorkin and Dergachyov advance to the second round in the KHL after winning the first round 4-2.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Boo!
I’m anxious to see if Proks is coming over this time or if he is just using LA talks as leverage for another KHL contract.

Yeah, seen this dog and pony show before. Not sure how much he truly wants to play in NA, but with IK presently in the lineup, this may be LA's best chance to bring him over. Which makes me wonder if that is one of the reasons IK wasn't dealt during the TDL. Probably not the main factor, but a small reason possibly.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Not sure if I'm just behind on the times or what, but I found a pretty cool app (at least for Android) called IceHockey24.

What's cool about it is I set my favorite teams as all the teams the prospects play on. It then gives me a schedule for the week, and even some boxscores.

It definitely helps with keeping track of when prospects play next.

Some flaws though:
- no NCAA games
- it shouldn't be counted on for individual statistics (it has them, but the goalie statistics aren't intuitive or available, I've often found)

But if you want to get updates on the Reign, Kings, Reaktor (Shafigullin), Karpat (Kupari), etc, it's a handy app.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Not sure if I'm just behind on the times or what, but I found a pretty cool app (at least for Android) called IceHockey24.

What's cool about it is I set my favorite teams as all the teams the prospects play on. It then gives me a schedule for the week, and even some boxscores.

It definitely helps with keeping track of when prospects play next.

Some flaws though:
- no NCAA games
- it shouldn't be counted on for individual statistics (it has them, but the goalie statistics aren't intuitive or available, I've often found)

But if you want to get updates on the Reign, Kings, Reaktor (Shafigullin), Karpat (Kupari), etc, it's a handy app.
The app I use is called “KopitarFan”. Free and informative!

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
The app I use is called “KopitarFan”. Free and informative!

I try.

With that in mind.....

3/12 results:

Mississauga won 5-2, Ingham stopped 28/30.
Spokane lost 5-1, Anderson-Dolan had a Goal(18) and was even.

3/13 games:

London @ Guelph (Phillips, Durzi?)
Barrie @ Owen Sound (Dudas)
Spokane (JAD) @ Kelowna

Last edited:

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
Every oneof those goals is absolutely filthy too
I can't imagine how much fun it must be to be able to shoot like that. I havent played hockey in a year or two and only played ice for 2 or 3 years but shooting is so much harder than it looks. My wrist shots are so weak and I don't even dare attempt a slap shot :laugh:.

JAD is looking good, i have some concerns over his size but hopefully his skills make up for it.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
I can't imagine how much fun it must be to be able to shoot like that. I havent played hockey in a year or two and only played ice for 2 or 3 years but shooting is so much harder than it looks. My wrist shots are so weak and I don't even dare attempt a slap shot :laugh:.

JAD is looking good, i have some concerns over his size but hopefully his skills make up for it.
Stoll replacement-in a good way.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
9 game goal scoring streak for JAD now.

SKA took game 1 in the 2nd round.

Reaktor lost game 3 in a best of five series. They're down 2-1 in the series.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
3/13 results:

Guelph won 5-1, Phillps was scoreless and even, Durzi DNP.
Owen Sound won 5-1, Dudas had an Assist(35) and +1.
Spokane won 6-5 in OT, Anderson-Dolan had 2 Goals(20), including the GWG and +2.

3/14 games:

Mississauga (Ingham) @ Niagara (Thomas)
SSM (Villalta) @ Saginaw

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
JAD is apparently healthy now and just ripping the league apart as expected/hoped. Love that kid. not sure why people see him as 'only' a 3C, he's got some serious offensive skills. More like early-career SToll than late career imo.

Not saying I agree with them, but in a perfect world they might find themselves in a position where he is a just a really good 3C, say they get Zegras, Dach or Cozens (not to mention Hughes), along with Kupari, if Vilardi should ever get healthy (big IF) and the 2020 class has good center depth as well.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
European Games (sorry since there's not a thread figure I'd throw them out here):

Bulat Shafigullin had an assist in Reaktor's 3-2 OT loss. They lost the series 3-1. He ended the MHL season with 35 points (14 g, 21 a) in 28 playoff games and 3 points (0 g, 3 a) in 4 playoff games.
Rasmus Kupari had an assist in Karpat's 4-3 OT loss. I believe this is also the conclusion of the regular season. He ened with 33 points (12 g, 21 a) in 43 games. They begin Liiga playoffs as the top seed.
Johan Sodergran was scoreless in Linkopings' 4-0 loss. They won just 2 out of the final 13 games in the regular season, and that was bad enough to eliminate them from the playoffs (but not bad enough for relegation). Sodergran had 13 points (8 g, 5 a) in 39 games.

This is also the last weekend of the regular season for all CHL players (OHL, WHL, QMJHL). The final date is 3/17.

All junior players the Kings have drafted, except for Kingston (Vilardi) have qualified for the playoffs. That means Vilardi, if he's able, would be eligible to join the Reign/Kings after 3/17.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Not saying I agree with them, but in a perfect world they might find themselves in a position where he is a just a really good 3C, say they get Zegras, Dach or Cozens (not to mention Hughes), along with Kupari, if Vilardi should ever get healthy (big IF) and the 2020 class has good center depth as well.

Let players play and go for their ceiling. JAD may well be a #2 center. I also think the wrist injury set him back, more than we know. Maybe it still gets sore, or not have full strength - AND POSSIBLY - he's not 100% comfortable in feeling mentally 100% comfortable with it, like "I wonder if I hit it a certain way, it breaks". Not saying that could be part of it - put it could. I messed up my left knoee when I was 16...hyper extended it and it bends back a little too far today...but it does not give me much problem, but if I am going to exert it, I think about it and wear a support wrap. JAD is fully excelling. Makes you wonder if he didn't break it, he may have flirted with a 50 goal season.

Heck, Iafallo is playing #1 LW and he wouldn't be a #1 LW on any other team.

Grundstrom...JAD...Kupari, Kempe - may they change this franchise and elevate it to a Cup contending team...along with the 2019 #1, Petersen, Anderson, Thomas, Clague, Durzi and dare I say Vilardi as well. Even perhaps Brickley, Walker and Roy.

Reactions: KopitarFAN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad