Pre-Game Talk: kings @ Oilers Nov 16, 8pm

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Everyone needs to take a breath. We are pretty much in the same boat as the other final 4 teams from last year. other than Boston the top teams in each division didn't even make the playoffs. Things will even out. Don't even care if we win the division. Getting in is the only concern.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Like 5M4f said its for the Wednesday double header, but I think its just stupid honestly. LA fans can watch the game at 6pm. East coast fans arent watching anyway.

Its not like they make Carolina play at 7pm (their time) when Edmonton is on the road. I dont really get NHL scheduling.
It’s not hard to understand, the oiler fan is a secondary consideration.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
For those posters that said we've had a tough schedule so far, and it should lighten up now, here's a dose of reality for you.

Los Angeles, Las Vegas, New Jersey, the New York Islanders and Rangers up next (combined record 53-24-4)
After the Panthers game on November 28th, our schedule becomes alot less scary. We just gotta keep our heads above water until then.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
I want revenge on that toolface mcgee they call Mikey
Like Ryan Whitney said, who tf over 14 yrs old still calls themselves Mikey

...And now because I said that, he'll score his 1st goal of the season

This will be a wild one, a physical showdown. Good thing the boys had 3 full days to rest up, and another 2 days after the game, before facing the King of the pacific. Good scenario

But looking further ahead and unrelated to the game tomorrow, the Devils won today, making it 10 straight wins for them. If they don't lose by the time we see them in New Jersey next week, they'll be on a 12 game winning streak. It'll just sweeten the opportunity for payback, for fluking out that win in Edmonton

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Well If ever there was a game I expect the Oilers to be losing after the first period this is it.

1. Kings eyeing playoff revenge. (we say Calgary stomp us early in that return game)
2. Kings coming off a poor performance in Calgary.

But most importantly.
3. Edmonton

Hopefully we weather the storm but my hunch is we see L.A play their best defensive game of the year.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
It also feels like every team gets a 2 day break before they play us. How many teams have we played that played against Calgary the day before?

So far we haven't had a home game where the team was on the 2nd night of back to backs coming from Calgary. However, Calgary only has once gotten the team the night after we played them. Seems the league is giving teams that extra night off more frequently so far this year.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
So far we haven't had a home game where the team was on the 2nd night of back to backs coming from Calgary. However, Calgary only has once gotten the team the night after we played them. Seems the league is giving teams that extra night off more frequently so far this year.

Thought I'd look at the whole schedule assuming it would be balanced by end of the year, and oh boy was I wrong.

Turns out 9 times this year Calgary will get a home game vs. a team coming off a back to back the night before in Edmonton. Opponents are Pittsburgh, Florida, St. Louis, Islanders, Detroit, Rangers, Boston, Toronto and Anaheim. 6 of the 9 being playoff teams from last year with one more that is only a season removed from back to back Conference Finals.

Only 2 times will Edmonton get a team coming off a game the night before in Calgary. Opponents are Philadelphia and San Jose. Both teams weren't within a sniff of playoffs last year.

Quite the discrepancy. Will look at Vancouver next.

Reactions: TB12

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Thought I'd look at the whole schedule assuming it would be balanced by end of the year, and oh boy was I wrong.

Turns out 9 times this year Calgary will get a home game vs. a team coming off a back to back the night before in Edmonton. Opponents are Pittsburgh, Florida, St. Louis, Islanders, Detroit, Rangers, Boston, Toronto and Anaheim. 6 of the 9 being playoff teams from last year with one more that is only a season removed from back to back Conference Finals.

Only 2 times will Edmonton get a team coming off a game the night before in Calgary. Opponents are Philadelphia and San Jose. Both teams weren't within a sniff of playoffs last year.

Quite the discrepancy. Will look at Vancouver next.

So Vancouver vs. Edmonton is balanced. Each gets two teams the night after the opponents played in the opposite barn. Once each the opponent is each other, for the other Vancouver gets Minnesota, and Edmonton gets Tampa.

Vancouver vs. Calgary. Calgary gets 1 game vs. someone who played in Vancouver the previous night. Vancouver gets none that played in Calgary the previous night.

Seattle gets 4 games where they played in Calgary the night before (twice Calgary themself), Calgary get none that played in Seattle the night before.

Seattle and Edmonton get no back to backs from each other.

Seattle vs. Vancouver is similar to Edmonton vs. Calgary in that Seattle get 7 teams that played in Vancouver the night before, where Vancouver only gets 4.

Winnipeg vs. Edmonton, Winnipeg gets Edmonton the night after Edmonton has a home game and Edmonton gets Arizona the night after a Winnipeg game. Winnipeg also gets Calgary the night after a Calgary home game.

Looks like Seattle and Calgary benefit from these scenarios much more than Edmonton or Vancouver.

Calgary gets 10 teams on the second night, Seattle 11 teams, Vancouver 6 and Edmonton 5. But Edmonton themselves becomes team playing in the other teams barn the next night twice and Vancouver once.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad