Signing(s): Kings offer sheet Zach LaVine (4 years, $78 million) - Bulls match

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Why on earth do you offer sheet Zach LaVine when you have Fox on your roster?

Kings doing Kings things, I guess. They dodged a bullet here.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Very stupid to match the offer. LaVine doesn't play defense and kills your offense with terrible basketball IQ. I don't honestly have any idea why anyone would pay over 10 millions for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChicagoBullsFan

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
When I saw the offer sheet I thought there was no chance the Bulls match it but now I’m laughing at the Kings screwing up the Bulls cap for no reason.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
This is why the Bulls have been mostly irrelevant for last 20 years

Dumb move

Lavine sucks seriously the guy gives no effort defensively and looks like he doesn't care most of the time

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
So Bulls will use in total 52 million USD of their cap space to 4 players ( Lopez, Asik, Felicio, LaVine).
This probably means that Bulls aren't going UFA marketing next summer.

But what else you can expect when you have two brain- dead idiots are running the show.
Is it a time to fire GarPax.

Last edited:

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
This is why the Bulls have been mostly irrelevant for last 20 years

Dumb move

Lavine sucks seriously the guy gives no effort defensively and looks like he doesn't care most of the time

As a Finnish Bulls fan even i'm pissed on this move and i hate Zach LaVine to bottom of my heart.
Fire GarPax immediately.

Last edited:

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
If Reinsdorf has any brains left he should fire GarPax immediately.

Definitely.

It will be extremely hard to bring all the talent out of our dominant front court because LaVine is worst team basketball player i've ever seen on NBA & doesn't have any motivation to share the ball.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Why on earth do you offer sheet Zach LaVine when you have Fox on your roster?

Kings doing Kings things, I guess. They dodged a bullet here.

This is the same team that traded a 1st round pick to open up cap space for a player who likely wasn't going to sign there.

Ranadive is the main reason for their futility. Their draft record since he bought the tea is straight up awful.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
This is the same team that traded a 1st round pick to open up cap space for a player who likely wasn't going to sign there.

Ranadive is the main reason for their futility. Their draft record since he bought the tea is straight up awful.

Uhhh they drafted a franchise player in Markkanen.

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
I don't think Lavine is a star or anything but how is he not worth this contract? I don't keep up with NBA contracts too much but with the amount of money thrown around to garbage players, it didn't seem that bad. I'm genuinely asking. Not too knowledgeable with nba contracts

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
The Bulls match an offer sheet, for a player still with sky high potential, on a team that;

A. Isn't winning any time soon.
B. Will only make the playoffs because there's no talent in the East.
C. Isn't signing any big time free agents
D. Isn't signing any big free agents next year either because they are tanking
E. Is still young enough to live up to his potential before injury

And people are complaining?

I will laugh heartily when LaVine puts up 20 a game next year......

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Said player has already torn his ACL..... need I remind you that the Bulls once had a player like that...... not too long ago either.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Said player signing this contract doesn't effect a team with no hope of winning a title the next three years.

The Bulls are tanking. The only way a big name FA comes here is if he's either on the down swing or the Bulls go far in the playoffs with this core and that's not happening.

LaVine playing big minutes gives the Bulls a great shot at the lottery next year.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
A Bulls team without Lavine offers greater shot at lottery then a Bull team with overpaid Lavine

Lavine as bad as he is defensively will have some good nights offensively so I don't understand how you can say having him somehow makes them a worse team

Last edited:
Reactions: Voight

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
A Bulls team without Lavine offers greater shot at lottery then a Bull team with overpaid Lavine

Lavine as bad as he is defensively will have some good nights offensively so I don't understand how you can say having him somehow makes them a worse team
Actually, I just said that to watch you jump from one side of the fence to the other.

First you said he sucks, and doesn't care, now, he actually does care offensively, and of he does have "those games" where he lights it up offensively, he obviously doesn't "sucks seriously".

Amirite? Good job

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad