Signing(s): Kings offer sheet Zach LaVine (4 years, $78 million) - Bulls match

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Actually, I just said that to watch you jump from one side of the fence to the other.

First you said he sucks, and doesn't care, now, he actually does care offensively, and of he does have "those games" where he lights it up offensively, he obviously doesn't "sucks seriously".

Amirite? Good job

You can still suck while having hot nights...

Reactions: Voight

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Biggest issue with LaVine is extremely poor basketball IQ. Zach is ball-hog, loves to take dump contested 3s and makes players around him look terrible. Doesn't understand the basic fundamentals of game & plays for stats.

Dunn had really hard time in his first year at Minnesota while playing most of time with LaVine. After that he was more than solid PG for Bulls until LaVine joined team and ruined everything once again. It is extremely hard to play with guy who doesn't look for best shot and it could totally ruin our young players improvement.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Because the Kings are dumb, they are now looking at throwing probably a similar amount of money at Boston's Marcus Smart.

This is why bad teams stay bad.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
That wasn't the question.

You stated somebody has to score on trash teams. McDavid scored on a trash team, so, by your logic, he sucks, correct?
Well, no, you're very clearly taking your OWN words and now twisting them. Your original point was him averaging 16 per game. If he led the league in scoring, like Connor McDavid, nobody would call him trash.

You comparing him to McDavid in this situation is laughable.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Because the Kings are dumb, they are now looking at throwing probably a similar amount of money at Boston's Marcus Smart.

Add that to the long & storied history of Sac making stupid trades and throwing too much money at players who aren't worth it.

Cant wait until they inevitably f*** up Bagley III.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That wasn't the question.

You stated somebody has to score on trash teams. McDavid scored on a trash team, so, by your logic, he sucks, correct?

That is a terrible analogy that completely ignores the differences between the two sports. Eddy Curry once averaged 20 points a game, but the only thing he didn't suck at was remembering to ask for extra mayo on his big beef at the Portillo's my friends worked at after high school.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Add that to the long & storied history of Sac making stupid trades and throwing too much money at players who aren't worth it.

Cant wait until they inevitably **** up Bagley III.

I'm still waiting for them to bail us out of that THJr contract :crossfing

Reactions: Voight

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Well, no, you're very clearly taking your OWN words and now twisting them. Your original point was him averaging 16 per game. If he led the league in scoring, like Connor McDavid, nobody would call him trash.

You comparing him to McDavid in this situation is laughable.
Who's comparing players? I am comparing trash teams. With your analogy, somebody has to score on bad teams, correct? LaVine produced at a high clip after coming back from injury to the point he led the team is scoring when with a minute restriction placed on him, if he league averaged 36, he would have averaged 22 points a game.

Let's not forget this fact. He averaged 16 points during 656 minutes in 24 games, which averages out to about 27 minutes a game. Those are stellar numbers considering he was capped at 20 minutes a game most of the time. Kind of McDavid like, and that's with McDavid not bothering too much in his own end, also. But again, not comparing McDavid, who also received a bloated contract for nothing but scoring stats, either, with LaVine.

But, the genius of this signing, which those who actually followed basketball would know, is that the Kings put an injury clause into the contract that the Bulls wouldn't, which is why the Bulls matched so quickly. They let the Kings do the dirty work for them. On a hockey forum, we do know this, correct? Or are we just complaining for the sake of complaining without actually understanding the going rate of a 23 year old scorer? Seems like it.

The Bulls let him see what his value was, then quickly signed him to a number they were comfortable with with the injury term placed by another team into said contract and pounced on it. That kind of makes Pax look smart.

As for taking up cap space, this signing is irrelevant since no big name free agent is coming to Chicago to play in Jordans shadow. None. I mean, how many have come before? Boozer? Exactly

Funny thing is, with the rumor that the Bulls are willing to trade and waive Melo if okc takes a couple bad contracts, this deal looks better.

I mean, we do know how basketball works, right? :D

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Who's comparing players? I am comparing trash teams. With your analogy, somebody has to score on bad teams, correct? LaVine produced at a high clip after coming back from injury to the point he led the team is scoring when with a minute restriction placed on him, if he league averaged 36, he would have averaged 22 points a game.

Let's not forget this fact. He averaged 16 points during 656 minutes in 24 games, which averages out to about 27 minutes a game. Those are stellar numbers considering he was capped at 20 minutes a game most of the time. Kind of McDavid like, and that's with McDavid not bothering too much in his own end, also. But again, not comparing McDavid, who also received a bloated contract for nothing but scoring stats, either, with LaVine.

But, the genius of this signing, which those who actually followed basketball would know, is that the Kings put an injury clause into the contract that the Bulls wouldn't, which is why the Bulls matched so quickly. They let the Kings do the dirty work for them. On a hockey forum, we do know this, correct? Or are we just complaining for the sake of complaining without actually understanding the going rate of a 23 year old scorer? Seems like it.

The Bulls let him see what his value was, then quickly signed him to a number they were comfortable with with the injury term placed by another team into said contract and pounced on it. That kind of makes Pax look smart.

As for taking up cap space, this signing is irrelevant since no big name free agent is coming to Chicago to play in Jordans shadow. None. I mean, how many have come before? Boozer? Exactly

Funny thing is, with the rumor that the Bulls are willing to trade and waive Melo if okc takes a couple bad contracts, this deal looks better.

I mean, we do know how basketball works, right? :D
Dude, you *literally* compared Connor McDavid to Zach LaVine after my post about players averaging 16 per game. Don't try to retract now.

I don't care what minutes restriction he's on, let's not pretend being on a minutes restriction is a good thing. 16/game is 16/game. I'm sure 6th men around the NBA will gladly tell you they're capable of averaging far more than their numbers as 6th men but guess what? The numbers they average are the numbers they average.

They can give LaVine all the money they want, it still doesn't make it a good signing. Just because one has money to spend doesn't mean one should spend it foolishly. That's how the New York Knicks have sucked since 1999. By all means, be happy with this LaVine contract. You're definitely in the minority.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
As for taking up cap space, this signing is irrelevant since no big name free agent is coming to Chicago to play in Jordans shadow. None. I mean, how many have come before? Boozer? Exactly? :D

Fascinating because in the Grant trade thread your arguing how moving Grant was great because it opens up cap room

How does moving a productive bench player in Grant to open up cap space turn into a positive if you yourself say no big name FA will come to Bulls. So giving away Grant for garbage to open up cap room does nothing for Bulls

Yet here you are in this thread saying Lavine taking up cap space I no issue

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
This is the same team that traded a 1st round pick to open up cap space for a player who likely wasn't going to sign there.

Ranadive is the main reason for their futility. Their draft record since he bought the tea is straight up awful.
Fox, Bagley, Cauley-Stein, Harry Giles, Frank Mason jr, getting Hield and Bogdan in trades.

Honestly have no clue what you're talking about wrt drafting. The Kings have done well the past few years.

That trade with Philly was bad, though.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

Kings haven't spent a cent yet this offseason in free agency.

Guess bashing them is just the thing to do. Forget actually looking at facts.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Dude, you *literally* compared Connor McDavid to Zach LaVine after my post about players averaging 16 per game. Don't try to retract now.

I don't care what minutes restriction he's on, let's not pretend being on a minutes restriction is a good thing. 16/game is 16/game. I'm sure 6th men around the NBA will gladly tell you they're capable of averaging far more than their numbers as 6th men but guess what? The numbers they average are the numbers they average.

They can give LaVine all the money they want, it still doesn't make it a good signing. Just because one has money to spend doesn't mean one should spend it foolishly. That's how the New York Knicks have sucked since 1999. By all means, be happy with this LaVine contract. You're definitely in the minority.

So, by your logic, saying;

"So Connor McDavid sucks then" is comparing him to LaVine? Bravo, Chum.

And I also like how, to fill your agenda, we are just going to weed out his minutes restrictions for your sake, since it doesn't fill your agenda. Bravo, again.

And let's not even mention the whole injury clause doctored into the contract by the Kings that the Bulls took advantage of.

This is way too easy.....

As for being in the minority, the only people acting like this is a bad thing are the usual Debbie downers. The same people comparing Markkanen to the Channing Frye's of the world.

Even better; what is the average contract of 23 year old scorers in the NBA who averaged 16 points a game in 27 minutes of playing time?

It's ok, I'll wait. (Pulls up lawn chair to beer keg)

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Fascinating because in the Grant trade thread your arguing how moving Grant was great because it opens up cap room

How does moving a productive bench player in Grant to open up cap space turn into a positive if you yourself say no big name FA will come to Bulls. So giving away Grant for garbage to open up cap room does nothing for Bulls

Yet here you are in this thread saying Lavine taking up cap space I no issue
Hmmm

It opens up space so the Bulls can sign...oh idk....their own players?

Is this real life?

Who actually thinks the Bulls are going to be players in next year's FA crop?

As for Grant, he's just a guy. There's nothing productive about him that couldn't be replaced by another average bench player.

You guys are seriously striking out on your basketball acumen.....

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lol man, just because you bring out your "bravo, chum" and "pulls up lawn chair to beer keg" catchphrases doesn't make your points any more valid. If you learned to read, you'd see that I said "I can name you plenty of players that averaged 16 a game and still sucked." Nowhere did I say "I can name you plenty of players that score on trash teams and still sucked." Yet for whatever reason, you not only bring in Connor McDavid but you decide to actually start comparing the two in your next post and even go into McDavid's defensive play, as if to further justify your point somehow.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Ok, I'll play along.

Name all the players who averaged 16.7 points a game averaging 27 minutes or less a game.

It's plenty, correct? :D

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That's how the New York Knicks have sucked since 1999.

Why you gotta be like that? Couldn't we all just get along & laugh at the Kings for continuing to try to do stupid "knick things" instead?
Kings haven't spent a cent yet this offseason in free agency.

Guess bashing them is just the thing to do. Forget actually looking at facts.

Not for a lack of trying :laugh:

But I guess that fact is more convenient to overlook for someone trying to defend them ;-)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad