Dreger: Kings looking for a young dynamic LHD

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Your post basically implies Anderson/Bjornfot are not equal to Sandin as a prospect. Except “this season”.

It really doesn't. It implies that adding a prospect of Sandin's quality moves the needle long term for any organization.

Has zero to do with neither Anderson nor Bjornfoot.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
It really doesn't. It implies that adding a prospect of Sandin's quality moves the needle long term for any organization.

Has zero to do with neither Anderson nor Bjornfoot.
But it doesn’t when you consider we already have Anderson, Bjornfot and Clague.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
But it doesn’t when you consider we already have Anderson, Bjornfot and Clague.

I'm glad Toronto didn't use that same logic when they selected Robertson despite having their young forward core. Value is value. However, this isn't going anywhere good so I'm going to peace out.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
I'm glad Toronto didn't use that same logic when they selected Robertson despite having their young forward core. Value is value. However, this isn't going anywhere good so I'm going to peace out.
Clearly the Kings also didn't use that logic when they selected all those dmen. there's a difference between drafting and trading. We would be trading something of value to obtain another dman that is comparable to the aforementioned players at this moment in time. Whereas, when we draft someone...we expect that person to be developing for the next 2-5 years (depending on draft position) which gives the organization time to figure out who may be expendable down the line.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Clearly the Kings also didn't use that logic when they selected all those dmen. there's a difference between drafting and trading. We would be trading something of value to obtain another dman that is comparable to the aforementioned players at this moment in time. Whereas, when we draft someone...we expect that person to be developing for the next 2-5 years (depending on draft position) which gives the organization time to figure out who may be expendable down the line.

Valid point, fair enough.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
He’s not exactly dynamic but something around Pettersson and Kempe could probably work

Not sure which side would add

I was going to suggest Pettersson and see what the offered return might be.

He's solid, steady, not yet 25 and locked up at around 4M until age 29. Not overly physical but rangy, and has sound positioning instincts.

The conventional wisdom seems to be that the Pens will trade Dumoulin when he gets back to health, and I understand that logic. To be clearly, I'm not just trying to get MP off the roster. Its just I think he might have the much better return becasue of his situation.

With Matheson, Marino and POJoseph, I'm thinking the Pens D has plenty of youth and would be okay parting with a mid 20s guy if the return was right.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Why do I feel like they are saying Blake is targeting Werenski?

What’s that going to cost LA? It would definitely pry their window of opportunity open.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Non of these make much sense for LA other than the Wagner to Pitt, but really I do not see the draw for the Penquins. He is a fast Sean Donovan.

Werenski would be amazing but would (and rightfully so) cost a fair bit. Seems like more of an offseason move.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Maybe I’m alone in this but unless we’re getting someone who’s going to make a big impact immediately I’d rather just stay with what we’ve got. Sandin, Dermott, Dunn and the like don’t move the needle a whole bunch.

You are not alone.
There is basically no reason at all to do a trade for a defender if the upgrade isn't huge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad