Dreger: Kings looking for a young dynamic LHD

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010

Interesting that he uses the Seth Jones trade as a comparable since the Kings have a lot of Center prospects.

We have Kale Clague who is young and dynamic but more of a 4-5 defenseman. Also, Mikey Anderson(21) and Tobias Bjornfot (19), both rookies, are looking pretty solid on the left side of the first and second pair. If Blake does pull the trigger, it better be for someone of Seth Jones caliber and not just a decent #3 Dman. Kings certainly have the prospects as ammunition for that kind of trade.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Not that I'm interested in trading him - but what would Kings fans be willing to give up for Sandin?

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Seems like that would be pretty hard to find. If I have that type of defenseman I'm giving him up for prospects even very good prospects.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
If Blake does pull the trigger, it better be for someone of Seth Jones caliber and not just a decent #3 Dman. Kings certainly have the prospects as ammunition for that kind of trade.

They do but do you really want to trade Byfield for said D? That's what Seth Jones cost.... RyJo was already a 33G center.

I really like the Kings prospects and the Reign but I don't see any forward that valuable except Byfield.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Jack Johnson.

He may not be young, or dynamic, but he is a LHD!

jack-johnson-2018-2330.jpg

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Interesting that he uses the Seth Jones trade as a comparable since the Kings have a lot of Center prospects.

We have Kale Clague who is young and dynamic but more of a 4-5 defenseman. Also, Mikey Anderson(21) and Tobias Bjornfot (19), both rookies, are looking pretty solid on the left side of the first and second pair. If Blake does pull the trigger, it better be for someone of Seth Jones caliber and not just a decent #3 Dman. Kings certainly have the prospects as ammunition for that kind of trade.

I'm guessing as a Kings fan you know more than me but I thought Clague had a higher projection than a 4-5? Also, isn't Bjornfot a young, dynamic up and coming LHD?

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
They do but do you really want to trade Byfield for said D? That's what Seth Jones cost.... RyJo was already a 33G center.

I really like the Kings prospects and the Reign but I don't see any forward that valuable except Byfield.

We also have Turcotte and Vilardi as lottery picks who are also centers and Kupari who was picked ~20th and Tyler Madden/Akil Thomas who are also decent prospects. What can Turcotte+Madden+1st get us? Even if that doesn't equate to a young Seth Jones, it's a pretty damn good package.

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
I'm guessing as a Kings fan you know more than me but I thought Clague had a higher projection than a 4-5? Also, isn't Bjornfot a young, dynamic up and coming LHD?

More of a stay-at-home guy with really good wheels. Offense is underrated but certainly not "dynamic". He looks very comfortable in a Top4 role right now paired with Matt Roy. That is why I say if the Kings trade for someone, it better be for a top tier Dman because we have plenty of young, good 2D, 3D, 4D types. No need for another 3D.

Reactions: Connor McConnor

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I think there could be a fit with Sandin given the log jam on LD still.. Although I assume that they move Dermott before moving Sandin. But if the trade filled a need for us, we are trying to win now. Not sure if the kings have any top 6 forwards / top 9 forwards with a bite to their game but can still play hockey? Preferably LW.

Or a center who can be our 3rd line C for cheap with room to go (Sandin for a young center prospect who can be a top 6 player?).

Thoughts?

Ygg

Feb 2, 2017
Something around Brannstrom for Vilardi/Turcotte/Byfield, even it out with picks

You have to assume Sens will likely finish in the bottom 5 thus will likely draft one of those 5-6 LHD who are scheduled to be drafted in the top-10 in the 2021 NHL draft *coughHughescough*

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad