Dreger: Kings looking for a young dynamic LHD

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
1 OP specifies "young, dynamic". Does not HAVE TO be all star, but this is a fit.

2. As to 2 team restriction, BUF is floundering. need instant relief, hence zib. Also need futures for age dif of Zib - Dahlin
larger package = mo flexibility

Even if I believe a 3-way will go down. It's still bad all around.

It leaves the Rangers with no center for 2+ years. (QB needs more time).
Add Zibs to Eichel? Unless Kakko is playing RW with Jack there is no upside for the Sabres.

As far as QB, he is almost untouchable for obvious reasons. (Same as why u don't offer Laff and Kakko). Youg top picks also need time to develop and QB is the youngest of them, he is pratcially almost a 2021 pick playing in the AHL.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Tampa trading Sergachev to help them compete in the playoffs is one of the sillier things I've read on this site.

Welcome to today’s NHL, where agents and the NHLPA routinely collude to make GMs routinely do silly things to pursue the mutually exclusive goals of being competitive in chasing the Cup while staying cap compliant.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Welcome to today’s NHL, where agents and the NHLPA routinely collude to make GMs routinely do silly things to pursue the mutually exclusive goals of being competitive in chasing the Cup while staying cap compliant.
Sure. And a fan of another team could say "LA has a lot of prospects and needs to remain strong in their market and compete. Therefor they should trade Byfield for Eric Staal."

That would be silly too, despite the fact that GMs routinely do silly things.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I don't see the rangers getting byfield if the best player there losing is zib but i could be wrong what would u say the whole deal looks like

crushed atm to fill in all the blanks, that's why I asked

but as I noted
ballpark Dahlin and Byfield have overall balance but LA adds a bit to Buf.
Dahlin, Zib and 1st is enuf to justify not having a Kakko or LaF in the equation.

but 3 way needed cause Sabes need signif help NOW to make Eichel and Hall happy while at the same time not giving away futures. Hence 3 way.
so minor adds by Buf and LA for balance and a couple of other good pieces w/Zib from NYR, who are not adding bluest chip elcs, but
Buch + unprotected 2021 1st + Lindgren + Georgiev is roughly what I have in mind to Sabes and a prospect or 2 to LA

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Sure. And a fan of another team could say "LA has a lot of prospects and needs to remain strong in their market and compete. Therefor they should trade Byfield for Eric Staal."

They should trade byfield for gunnar stahl

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Even if I believe a 3-way will go down. It's still bad all around.

It leaves the Rangers with no center for 2+ years. (QB needs more time).
Add Zibs to Eichel? Unless Kakko is playing RW with Jack there is no upside for the Sabres.

As far as QB, he is almost untouchable for obvious reasons. (Same as why u don't offer Laff and Kakko). Youg top picks also need time to develop and QB is the youngest of them, he is pratcially almost a 2021 pick playing in the AHL.

underlines disputed
Chytil solid 2C shows 1C likely upside
Kravtsov IS a C if he needs to go there and expect him here before end of yr/season
Ditto Barron for next yr, Strome stopgap til then
these guys it is less arbitrary what # pivot they are and more a matter of linemates.
1st line is Krav works w/Kakko + Panarin

2nd + 3rd lines
Whoever has better chemistry, one is kreider + best RW (Strome pro tempore unless he is at 3C)
and the other pivots LaF and Gauthier
once Barron gets here.
this is all by next season, not 2 yrs/+

Byfield we would be gambling he emerges in 2 yrs or less.

===========
Plenty of upside to this deal to get Zib and lots of help for Eichel/Hall at cost of Dahlin

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
1 OP specifies "young, dynamic". Does not HAVE TO be all star, but this is a fit.

2. As to 2 team restriction, BUF is floundering. need instant relief, hence zib. Also need futures for age dif of Zib - Dahlin
larger package = mo flexibility
No chance of this happening. Byfield is not in any trade discussion. Picture how Rangers' fans feel about La Freniere, that's how Kings' fans feel about Byfield.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles

Poor example since you chose a team that is NOT looking to win now and has cap space, in LA, nor is the veteran player offered a player that is an impact player in Eric Staal.

A better example would be Washington, trying to win with a loaded team including Alex Ovechkin, trading Filip Forsberg to Nashville.

Besides, my explanation included the pre-requisite of one team dumping caps pace to manage the cap. Your example misses the mark on both ends. How does trading Byfield help LA to dump cap?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
No chance of this happening. Byfield is not in any trade discussion. Picture how Rangers' fans feel about La Freniere, that's how Kings' fans feel about Byfield.

I get that.
that said,
OP wanted impact dynamic LD
and LA has pivot depth

but that said, while it is nice to ponder w/an open mind, very few scenarios justifying for NY or LA to trade their most elite blue chips

Reactions: Guitpik

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Sure seemed like the Pens showcased Pettersson on the top pair tonight

Do with that information what you will

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
Too biz to precisely map this out to fullest extent but
something like

3 way:
Dahlin to LAK
Zib +++ [from NYR and LAK] to Sabes
Byfield to NYR

addresses OP
gives many pieces to BUF incl enuf to keep Eichel + Hall happy
gives NYR a stud C prospect to replace Zib [a wince for LA but they can afford it and go there if balance of deal is profitable]
La says no while sabres hang up the phone

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Too biz to precisely map this out to fullest extent but
something like

3 way:
Dahlin to LAK
Zib +++ [from NYR and LAK] to Sabes
Byfield to NYR

addresses OP
gives many pieces to BUF incl enuf to keep Eichel + Hall happy
gives NYR a stud C prospect to replace Zib [a wince for LA but they can afford it and go there if balance of deal is profitable]
I propose that you never make another proposal until you train under Master Yoda

Reactions: go4hockey

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
19 year old Power sounds perfect send the D back to Ontario to develop the young guys trade quick at deadline and draft a 19 year old defensemen when the team is starting to come together.

Reactions: topshelf15

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I'd trade Amadio for anybody. Skinner, Bobrovsky, Lucic, Eriksson, you name it. Please somebody get him out of my sight.

My favorite was last game.
I have no idea how he is a professional hockey player.
Him and the Wild player barely moving in the neutral zone 5 feet apart.
Amadio looks up and passes directly on the Wilds player stick.
This guys didn't even have to make any motion or effort to get the puck.

I wonder if this is a confidence thing or pressure issues or whatever.
But it certainly doesn't look good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad