Kings News: Kings Don't Qualify Ellerby, Kolomatis, or Legein

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
It's just a gut feeling, but if the kings do get him, he might go for a 1 year deal to be able to cash in more next year when the cap goes up.

Just seems odd to not keep Ellerby if he does leave. We would have no ready SAH dmen if Greene, Mitchell or reiger get hurt, and this is also assuming Mitchell is good to go.

Jon rosen also has a excerpt from Lisa dilman saying DL mentioned in an email that they got a number back from scuds that was workable. Can't do the exact quote as im on my phone but it sounded positive.

Big difference is a deal signed now will not be a 35+ but next year would be. He can get the money now and teams not be at risk.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Thank ****. Ellerby was so so awful. If they want to sign him and send him to the AHL, sure. But NO way he should be in the NHL. I'd like to see Legein and Kolo back in Manchester but they're not huge losses organizationally.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Was hoping Ellerby would redeem the Hickey and Teubert debacle a bit, but what are you gonna do? At least we have Voynov. Now if we can only figure Martinez and Muzzin out and get them going, we should be OK.

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
People who don't like Regher also don't like Matt Greene. They're the same player. Positional, physical, mean. Only difference is Regher is a left shot.

I laugh at it too, it helps my 6-pack. :sarcasm:

scryan

May 1, 2013
They didn't have a ready SAH dman when Greene and Mitchell did get hurt. You can't cover every base at all times.

Yeah, and look how that ended up!
If we don't hang on to Ellerby the next time that happens we could end up getting stuck with a player like Ellerby!
Wait, what :sarcasm:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
People who don't like Regher also don't like Matt Greene. They're the same player. Positional, physical, mean. Only difference is Regher is a left shot.

Greene can hit the net with his shot, Regher shot seems to avoid it at all cost.

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
Greene can hit the net with his shot, Regher shot seems to avoid it at all cost.

Yes, goal scoring MACHINE that Greene is. :sarcasm:

They don't pay either to score goals...I don't care where their shots go as long as they're where they're supposed to be when the pucks in the Kings' zone and they make the guy with the puck pay. By and large, they are.

KingKopitar11*

They don't pay either to score goals...I don't care where their shots go as long as they're where they're supposed to be when the pucks in the Kings' zone and they make the guy with the puck pay. By and large, they are.

RR and greene have pretty good shots for defensive defenseman. scuderi on the other hand... lol terrible shot, always shoots bottom left 50 MPH.

Captain Mittens*

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Greene's shot is fun to watch. Its heavy, its sometimes on net, and when it goes in, its a beautiful game winner in the third against the Oilers. Of all of our defensive guys not named mitchell, his shot is the best.

Last edited:

agentfouser

Playoffs?!?!
Nov 30, 2003
Los Angeles

And Regher is older, slower, and doesn't take the body as consistently.

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Greene >>>>>> Regehr.

Yeah, we may get pissed off at Greene sometimes for stupid holding calls or roughing calls, but he's a damn leader and a warrior. Regehr too, but Greene can actually skate. RR's biggest knock is his lack of speed and it's scary to watch TJ Galiardi/Scott Gomez fly right past him during the playoffs. We'll blame it on his foot fracture (I think that's what he played with) but don't compare both those players. Matt Greene is alot better.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Greene >>>>>> Regehr.

Yeah, we may get pissed off at Greene sometimes for stupid holding calls or roughing calls, but he's a damn leader and a warrior. Regehr too, but Greene can actually skate. RR's biggest knock is his lack of speed and it's scary to watch TJ Galiardi/Scott Gomez fly right past him during the playoffs. We'll blame it on his foot fracture (I think that's what he played with) but don't compare both those players. Matt Greene is alot better.

Greene is definitely better than Regehr. I've been just as hard on Regehr as the next guy but he did have some great seasons in Calgary. He was injured in the playoffs and they were playing Doughty too many minutes. He was also injured. If the Kings can retain Scuderi and keep Mitchell..that's a scary friggin defensive lineup next year!

Doughty/Regehr
Scuderi/Voynov
Mitchell/Greene

You can really mix and match those lines all you want...solid all the way through.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad