Kings News: Kings Don't Qualify Ellerby, Kolomatis, or Legein

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
I think they're gonna get a deal done with Scuderi...

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Muzzin was a rookie that showed a lot of promise. Martinez deserves a shot at getting back into form. Ellerby was really an emergency situation for the D.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
I still have my doubts. In just a couple of hours Scuderi is gonna start fielding calls from teams around the league and the price will probably go way up. I think he walks unfortunately.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
I'm hopeful, but I highly doubt we come to terms with Scuderi.

It's just a gut feeling, but if the kings do get him, he might go for a 1 year deal to be able to cash in more next year when the cap goes up.

Just seems odd to not keep Ellerby if he does leave. We would have no ready SAH dmen if Greene, Mitchell or reiger get hurt, and this is also assuming Mitchell is good to go.

Jon rosen also has a excerpt from Lisa dilman saying DL mentioned in an email that they got a number back from scuds that was workable. Can't do the exact quote as im on my phone but it sounded positive.

Last edited:

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
It's just a gut feeling, but if the kings do get him, he might go for a 1 year deal to be able to cash in more next year when the cap goes up.

And if Scuderi gets hurt next year...

Just seems odd to not keep Ellerby if he does leave. We would have no ready SAH dmen if Greene, Mitchell or reiger get hurt, and this is also assuming Mitchell is good to go.

They didn't have a ready SAH dman when Greene and Mitchell did get hurt. You can't cover every base at all times.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica

There is always the chance of them trying to resign ellerby for cheaper... just because they had to offer him a raise doesnt mean they should but also doesnt mean they need to cut him loose either. If a sah goes down there is always campbell or forbort that could fill in short term.

HolyShot*

If we dont resign Scuds, how does a little Hal Gill sound? Could move Greene up to the second pairing and put Gill on the third pairing.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Good points, and not something I thought of. Still going with my gut til proven wrong haha.

KingKopitar11*

I'm hopeful, but I highly doubt we come to terms with Scuderi.

Yup Scuderi won't take anything lower imo and I think he's looking for his final contract. I just don't think we have enough to give him. Scuderi is a money type of player and considering his age and our cap. I don't see it.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
One thing that confuses me is if they resign Scuds and Mitchell does come back who goes? Regier seems to be the odd man out but they'd probably trade one of Muzzin or Martinez

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
So what's our cap situation look like now?

This is if none of our RFAs we qualified file for arbitration. Only ones I could see maybe doing it are Muzzin or Lewis.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Dustin Brown ($3.175m) / Anze Kopitar ($6.800m) / Justin Williams ($3.650m)
Matt Frattin ($0.488m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Jeff Carter ($5.273m)
Trevor Lewis ($0.735m) / Jarret Stoll ($3.250m) / Tyler Toffoli ($0.870m)
Kyle Clifford ($0.714m) / Colin Fraser ($0.825m) / Jordan Nolan ($0.578m)
Dwight King ($0.750m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Willie Mitchell ($3.500m) / Drew Doughty ($7.000m)
Robyn Regehr ($3.000m) / Slava Voynov ($4.167m)
Jake Muzzin ($0.635m) / Matt Greene ($2.950m)
Alec Martinez ($0.774m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Quick ($5.800m)
Ben Scrivens ($0.550m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,233,019; BONUSES: $135,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $3,201,981

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The only one on that list of non-qualified players that surprises me is Kolomatis, only because he did rather well as an offensive defenseman in Manchester, but maybe the Kings want to give him a chance to look at outside opportunities and have plans to slide in some of their junior defensemen up to the Monarchs.

Anyone who paid any attention to Ellerby's play knew that there is no friggin' way they'd bother wasted time and money on trying to turn chicken poop into chicken salad. He is as dumb as a rock and has zero upside.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
The only one on that list of non-qualified players that surprises me is Kolomatis, only because he did rather well as an offensive defenseman in Manchester, but maybe the Kings want to give him a chance to look at outside opportunities and have plans to slide in some of their junior defensemen up to the Monarchs.

Probably the case. They've got to find time for Roach, Deslauriers, Forbort, Miller to get minutes, they've committed to Campbell for one more season, and then they have Ebert, Gravel, and MacDermid? (would Leslie be possible too?) coming up the following year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad