Kings News: Kings Don't Qualify Ellerby, Kolomatis, or Legein

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Greene is definitely better than Regehr. I've been just as hard on Regehr as the next guy but he did have some great seasons in Calgary. He was injured in the playoffs and they were playing Doughty too many minutes. He was also injured. If the Kings can retain Scuderi and keep Mitchell..that's a scary friggin defensive lineup next year!

Doughty/Regehr
Scuderi/Voynov
Mitchell/Greene

You can really mix and match those lines all you want...solid all the way through.

Only problem is the underabundance of guys for the powerplay. Mitchell can be used in a pinch, and Richards is decent as quarterback, so I guess it could work for a little while.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Greene is definitely better than Regehr. I've been just as hard on Regehr as the next guy but he did have some great seasons in Calgary. He was injured in the playoffs and they were playing Doughty too many minutes. He was also injured. If the Kings can retain Scuderi and keep Mitchell..that's a scary friggin defensive lineup next year!

Doughty/Regehr
Scuderi/Voynov
Mitchell/Greene

You can really mix and match those lines all you want...solid all the way through.

I still don't think the Kings can afford this, but would love to be proven wrong.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
What's the deal with O'Neill? Does he have more potential than a AHL player?

Doubtful. I honestly completely forgot he had been qualified until I lloked up to make sure David Meckler was either a. not qualified or b. a UFA... Saw O'Neill's name and was shocked... A 25 year old 2nd year AHLer that isn't producing much at that level? Probably kept solely to provide expereince and depth to Manchester since he should be dirt cheap.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
O'Neill is solid bottom 6 player for Manchester. But, not an NHL player. Although I was surprised when he was called up to the black aces squad.

He's not afraid to share his opinion either. :laugh: As you'll notice if you follow him on twitter.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Only problem is the underabundance of guys for the powerplay. Mitchell can be used in a pinch, and Richards is decent as quarterback, so I guess it could work for a little while.

Mitchell has a great heavy shot, I would personally use him more even if they are not in a pinch.

I would even say if put on the first unit all year I could see him scoring 10 plus goals...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad