Kings @ Avalanche - 1/22/2013

bobafettish*

dont think kings gonna get a top 6 winger, we have so many fowards as is, problem is they all suck.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
Btw, I didn't understand the whole hype about being able to bring back the same players. Why does it matter? Other teams around us are getting better, yet we're just staying the same. Never understood that one.

I feel the exact opposite. Why fix something that worked so well last season? You would be silly not to give it a shot. Now, there is a time to maybe make some changes... but, it isn't now.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
dont think kings gonna get a top 6 winger, we have so many fowards as is, problem is they all suck.

You know I think that is written in fine print on the Stanely Cup. LA Kings 2012 Stanley Cup champs - all the forwards suck.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
i just looked and clifford who has points on every goal the kings scored this year only played 9 mins 30 secs He should have got some pp time imo

+ he had the 2 best scoring chances outside of his goal. Double shift him with the 2nd and 4th line imo

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Clifford and Nolan straight beast mode. They look AWESOME.

Edit)))

Holy Drew played 29mins tonight WOW.

Hyped

Feb 27, 2002
Tombstone
Visit site
Is ripping on Stoll the cool thing to do? Everyone seems to be doing it, yet there is no explicable reason for it. Granted, he didn't score three goals to make the game 4-3, but I'm pretty sure that's not what he's on the team for. He had to be over 60% on his draws, was very good on the PK and, aside from the fourth line, created more offensive chances than anyone named Kopitar, Richards, Williams, Carter and Brown. Their bottom 6 forwards were their best players tonight and that's why they lost. Some of you guys have to give your head a shake, step into reality and recognize what each guy's role is on the team. I would bet the farm that if you asked Sutter who let him down tonight it wouldn't be Stoll or his line...

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Is ripping on Stoll the cool thing to do? Everyone seems to be doing it, yet there is no explicable reason for it. Granted, he didn't score three goals to make the game 4-3, but I'm pretty sure that's not what he's on the team for. He had to be over 60% on his draws, was very good on the PK and, aside from the fourth line, created more offensive chances than anyone named Kopitar, Richards, Williams, Carter and Brown. Their bottom 6 forwards were their best players tonight and that's why they lost. Some of you guys have to give your head a shake, step into reality and recognize what each guy's role is on the team. I would bet the farm that if you asked Sutter who let him down tonight it wouldn't be Stoll or his line...

People love to hate the guy, the fact is Stoll play's his role just fine.

The guy is not going to score 20 goals a year anymore, he will be lucky to hit 15.

He wasn't even that bad tonight, sure wasn't Richards bad.

King/Stoll/Lewis were decent tonight, not great not good, decent.

He is also overpaid, But Stoll didn't write the contract, nor did he sign the checks.

The Kings management gave him that contract, and AEG signs his paychecks.

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa

Jarrett? Is that you?

MxH0CKEY

Aug 27, 2008
Planet Earth
As annoyed and upset as I am.. I just have to keep telling myself that a lot of these guys haven't played hockey in a looong time. So, it is going to take awhile for them to get back in the groove. How much time? I have no idea. They played much better in the first and the second. Which is a good sign. They're almost there and I'm sure it didn't help that they had 2 days off before their next game. I still love this team! GO KINGS GO!

The same goes for other teams as well. Some people here are also making it seem like the Kings players were the only ones who did not play overseas. Heck, Ryan O'Reilly for the Avs is still playing overseas.

bobafettish*

who are you to lecture us? :shakehead

Jun 30, 2006
Poor effort in the third. I can't get over that Penner turnover.

Payne wasn't the problem on the PP, we brought the puck into the zone the right way, the players just didn't do anything with the puck once in the zone. It was too stationary, not enough movement going on with the players.

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
People love to hate the guy, the fact is Stoll play's his role just fine.

The guy is not going to score 20 goals a year anymore, he will be lucky to hit 15.

He wasn't even that bad tonight, sure wasn't Richards bad.

King/Stoll/Lewis were decent tonight, not great not good, decent.

He is also overpaid, But Stoll didn't write the contract, nor did he sign the checks.

The Kings management gave him that contract, and AEG signs his paychecks.

I just remember seeing a bunch of posts saying all is forgiven with Stoll after he knocked out the Canucks and then he turns into our first scrape goat. Total crap.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010

Hello Erin Andrews, I enjoyed your peephole work

Alternate Jersey

Jul 8, 2010
Bakersfield, CA
Poor effort in the third. I can't get over that Penner turnover.

i can't either. when he turned it over, i said to my wife, "if we get scored on, i will blame penner all night long." so yeah, i think we're all beating a dead horse by now, but i'm going to say it anyway: penner was ****ing awful. i don't see any reason why he shouldn't be benched for the next game, or how gagne could be any worse than penner was tonight.

that being said, my irritation with penner and the generally crappy play by the top 6 is quelled a little bit by all the reminders that it's only the second game, that many of our guys haven't played all offseason, and that they literally just won the cup. i can certainly admit to having far-too-wild expectations at this point.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I just remember seeing a bunch of posts saying all is forgiven with Stoll after he knocked out the Canucks and then he turns into our first scrape goat. Total crap.

It's a what have you done for my lately world.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
Just finished watching the game...

The Penner thing that bugged me was the holding penalty. It just a terrible penalty. He can't make those! and that was the turning point... the turnover..? Ehh. It's bad, but sometimes you gotta give credit to the other guy. Penner was about to pass the puck out of the zone and the Av's player got his stick on it. Great play by him (forget who it was now)

Also the Kopitar turnover and the failed cleared was a killer.

Positives were Kyle freakin Clifford who has become some sort of offensive wizard. I thought Nolan had a great game and was happy to see Muzzin have a solid game. Quick looked great and was moving around well. Almost too well... He over pushed to his right on the 3rd goal.

Oh well... On to Edmonton!

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
This will all turn around when Mitchell comes back. Remember the last time he was out for a semi-extended period? Same thing happened. He came back, and the team turned it around. The team can withstand the loss of Greener WAY more than Willie.

I really think the guy is the glue that holds this group together, crazy as it sounds since he is just one guy.

Hopefully he's back in the next couple of games.....

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Can't wait to see how long we go into this season with our pp being terrible, until we finally, for the first time since Smyth left, actually put a body infront of the keeper regularly.

Pretty amazing that we aren't putting a big body like Penner or Nolan infront of the goalie and instead are trying to skill the puck into the net and not getting anyway

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Can't wait to see how long we go into this season with our pp being terrible, until we finally, for the first time since Smyth left, actually put a body infront of the keeper regularly.

Pretty amazing that we aren't putting a big body like Penner or Nolan infront of the goalie and instead are trying to skill the puck into the net and not getting anyway

This has been the problem for so long I actually think the coaching staff is just flat out hostile to the idea for no rational reason.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
This has been the problem for so long I actually think the coaching staff is just flat out hostile to the idea for no rational reason.

Gotta give Payne at least the season.

But you know the saying, you can lead a Horse to water ETC.

At some point it might be the players....

Also Colorado almost blocked 30 shots.....

That Zenon/Johnson blocked 11 .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad