Kings @ Avalanche - 1/22/2013

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Some line change combos in practice today. Cliffy skating with 10 and 77

Jim Fox‏@JimFox19

#LAKings lines practice EDM 23-11-14/13-10-77 then four skaters 12-15-24-71/25-74-28-22//7-8/27-26/6-44/33-47 only line not adjusted 11's

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
The Avs just have the Kings' number. They were 4-0 last year against the Kings. They also have the Stanley cup champs numbers whenever they play them. Beat Boston in Boston last year, Chicago the year they won. Avs play the best against good teams, they basically pwn the entire eastern conference, and then get crushed in their own division which is why they won't make the playoffs :shruggs:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
The Avs just have the Kings' number. They were 4-0 last year against the Kings. They also have the Stanley cup champs numbers whenever they play them. Beat Boston in Boston last year, Chicago the year they won. Avs play the best against good teams, they basically pwn the entire eastern conference, and then get crushed in their own division which is why they won't make the playoffs :shruggs:

Not sure you can sya they have our number. Yes last season theavs swept the season matchup, but the year before LA did.
Seems more like it is going back and fourth.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
Not sure you can sya they have our number. Yes last season theavs swept the season matchup, but the year before LA did.
Seems more like it is going back and fourth.

My memory doesn't go back that far. :P

Still. Unless the Avs play like last night against their own division, it will be another long season.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
bobby mac was on NBCSN during the pregame doing a segment. his first question was 'is LA looking for a vet dman?"

the sound was off so i couldn't hear what he said. they showed footage of Bernier.

anyone catch what he said?

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
We don't need a veteran defenseman if Mitchell is close to returning. I don't think the issue last night was defense. Voynov is looking like a completely different player defensively and Doughty has been a work horse in all situations and arguably our best player so far.

Brown, Carter, Richards, and Penner all look like players that haven't played hockey in 7 months. That's it. Get even half of those guys in game shape and we're ready to go.

I love our statistics, though. 1.50 goals per game, and 4.00 goals against. Terribad. :laugh:

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
[ bobby mac was on NBCSN during the pregame doing a segment. his first question was 'is LA looking for a vet dman?"

the sound was off so i couldn't hear what he said. they showed footage of Bernier.

anyone catch what he said?

I didn't see, but he has a pretty good feel for the NHL pulse . And he pops up on NHL LIve , NHL Tonighet, etc. So he might repeat that.

I can't see Dl making a panic move. Mitchell (as of practice today) is cleared to play, so he might be in tomorrow or by Sat. Muzzin and Drewiskie held their own. I think he'll see what Muzzin has. He has til April 5. And I can't see him trading Bernier now, not with so many games and back to backs. Unless a pretty solid veteran goalie comes back. And playing him more this year should bring up his trade value.

IF Mitchell wasn't coming back, then I think DL would have to pull the trigger.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I don't think missing Mitchell is as much of a concern as losing Greene. Mitchell may be back sooner than expected. The Kings are forced to have defensemen playing on their off-hand as they only have two righties on defense right now. With Greene gone at a minimum of 6 weeks, they're going to have to address his vacancy with a big, physical, right handed dman. Right now the only two names that come to mind that fit the description are Cory Sarich and Mike Komisarek.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
i figured his take is the usual. 'bernier is LA's big asset to trade....blah...blah....'

until we get willie back and are still struggling, im not concerned with the D back there. it's time for whiskey to earn his keep back there. it's time for muzzin to show what he has. it's time for the established guys to have their boundaries and responsibility pushed further. in other words.....step up and prove yourself.

DD has looked good, but i don't want him skating 25+ minutes a night. to much wear and tear on the body. even more you could tell late in the game last night he was fading physically. with willie back it will absorb some of those minutes and get him back to the 20-22 minutes a night workload, which has been his average. more ice time isn't always a positive thing, it doesn't equal more 'quality' ice time.

i don't think DL has to make any moves for a D just yet either. the argument of playing offhand or not is a no win debate. to me it's not a killer and guys easily can compensate and even improve their chances of shots on goal. playing on the offhand means they can get shots to the nets many times a guy on his stick side won't. the wingers often cheat to the boards, so the offhand stick has an open lane. the counter argument can be made, but a puck can just as easily bounce over a stick on (we saw plenty of that with Jack over the years). in the end it comes down to a player's comfort and skill level to do it. to me this isn't a reason to make a trade for a D man. the lack of physicality in the slot, especially on the PK is more of a concern.

ive been surprised at Brown so far seeing as how he was playing overseas. i expected a quick start for him. the other guys obviously were more interested in playing pick up hockey, ice fishing and chasing ass during the lockout. i guess when your one of just over 700 guys that can play at this level and be a top 6 - it means you can do as you please.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
the other guys obviously were more interested in playing pick up hockey, ice fishing and chasing ass during the lockout. i guess when your one of just over 700 guys that can play at this level and be a top 6 - it means you can do as you please.

Playing overseas is a choice every player made for his own reasons. I didn't like Giroux and Briere going over, too much risk of injury. And sure enough both got hurt and Briere is still out.

IF your snide remark regarding ice fishing was referring to Mike Richards, he already said the reason he didn't go was becaues of the injuries he got last year and giving his body a chance to fully heal. He wanted to be 100% for the KINGS, his team.
And neither he or Carter 'chase ass' as you so charmingly put it, both are in commited relationships. Carter and his long time girlfriend bought a house in August in Manhattan Beach. Richards has eben in a commited relationship with a girl from his home town for almost two years. The 'drinking and skirtchasing' was old and stale when the idiots on the PHilly blogs posted. It's winceable bad to keep repeating that.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
Playing overseas is a choice every player made for his own reasons. I didn't like Giroux and Briere going over, too much risk of injury. And sure enough both got hurt and Briere is still out.

IF your snide remark regarding ice fishing was referring to Mike Richards, he already said the reason he didn't go was becaues of the injuries he got last year and giving his body a chance to fully heal. He wanted to be 100% for the KINGS, his team.
And neither he or Carter 'chase ass' as you so charmingly put it, both are in commited relationships. Carter and his long time girlfriend bought a house in August in Manhattan Beach. Richards has eben in a commited relationship with a girl from his home town for almost two years. The 'drinking and skirtchasing' was old and stale when the idiots on the PHilly blogs posted. It's winceable bad to keep repeating that.

mike? jeff?

j/k...just jokes bud

playing there is taking a chance. same as Kopi and AMart going over and getting injured. the difference though is very noticeable. the guys that have been playing are making an impact, compared to those that stayed home. whether they played in the AHL, ECHL, KHL or other Euro leagues. those guys have their legs and aren't fighting the puck. there's no substitute for games, not even training camp. just hoping for MR and Carter to get off to a great start, esp Carter so he can bury the haters and criticism of the past

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
don't forget Doughty tangled with Carbomb in the CHI game and he's busted up. LA's D the dirtiest the league? wait for that to start rolling around the blogs and forums

2 games, two possible season enders. We may not win, but we'll put your pests out for the season!

L.A. Kings 2012-2013 motto, "Pest Control".

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Sutter likes to reward players for their hard work. Good for Clifford. This is the kind of lineup change (one that sends a message) that Terry Murray could never seem to be able to pull the trigger on. Instead of just re-arranging all the lines Sutter makes a statement.

I like it.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

I'm not sure I can buy this. I saw that special on Richards last season and he is definitely in love with Arnold.

KingKopitar11*

I really can't blame Payne, I think our lines are naturally demented when it comes to pp

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
That's what he gets for daring to invade Davis Drewiske's personal space.

tumblr_m4nfu4JevI1r90pyfo1_400.jpg

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
I don't know about Bob Mckenzie but I heard Darren Dreger say that most teams with a goalie piece to trade (LAK - Bernier & OTT - Ben Bishop) are waiting on Luongo to get dealt. Dreger said that Luongo is the first domino and once that falls, to expect more goaltenders being dealt.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I don't know about Bob Mckenzie but I heard Darren Dreger say that most teams with a goalie piece to trade (LAK - Bernier & OTT - Ben Bishop) are waiting on Luongo to get dealt. Dreger said that Luongo is the first domino and once that falls, to expect more goaltenders being dealt.

I don't consider Dreger a reliable source anymore. I don't even think their is a strong market for Johnny B.

Johnny B hasn't exactly proven anything.

Also I don't doubt Lombardi's asking price is pretty high.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

What are you talking about Henrik Karlsson has already been dealt. The dominos have already begun to fall...

:sarcasm:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I don't consider Dreger a reliable source anymore. I don't even think their is a strong market for Johnny B.

Johnny B hasn't exactly proven anything.

Also I don't doubt Lombardi's asking price is pretty high.

I think a young team like the Oilers may look at a guy like Bernier that they can have stick around long term and be a part of their resurgence. Plus they won't have to give up as much assets to get a Bernier as they would with a Luongo. On top of that, a guy like Luongo wants to win now, as opposed to a younger guy like Bernier who is hungry for ice time and has time on his side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->