Kings @ Avalanche - 1/22/2013

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
We could beat the Oilers, right guys? I mean....

BBQ_A-uCQAAVTZh.jpg

Right?

tumblr_lhgjim2jYx1qbiuveo1_400.gif

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Well that was fun.

you and I have a different definition of fun:laugh:

Muzzin looked pretty good. King, Clifford and Nolan, are our best players right now..
Doughty lots of ice time.. Pretty amazing 28 minutes with 1 week of training camp and playing in Denver..

Mitchell returning will help.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
I thought the first line of Nolan-Fraser-Clifford had a strong game. I also think Davis Payne could learn a thing or two from Kompon.

KingKopitar11*

As someone else said, Muzzin did look pretty good for his first game.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Well Flyers East also doesn't have a win.

I am not going to get angry, they can go 0-48 for all I care, they gave me a Cup last year.

Top six does look terrible though, so does the PP.

Clifford/Fraser/Nolan look AWESOME.

Quick looked ok. I would start Johnny B next game though, just kind of shake the whole team up.

Don't touch that 4th Line though Sutter.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Did we just snap our leading-after-two-periods win streak or did we do that a while ago?

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
It's nice to see Penner back in his regular form.

Carter has been complete trash.

4th line was still the best out there.

Kopitar was not himself.

Brown was invisible once again.

blah.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Terribad third. Penner, Stoll, and a pick for the rights to laugh at Ran_y Jones for the next 3 years?

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
The Kings ran out of gas in the third. It was pretty obvious. It probably started about halfway through the second, actually. They just couldn't track down pucks in the offensive zone like they did in the first period. That's one negative of having so few players playing during the lockout. The whole second line didn't play, and it shows.

The powerplay is not as bad as you guys are making it out to be. The results aren't there, but they are generating a lot of chances. They're trying to work the backdoor play, but it just isn't connecting yet.

Penner was terrible. Two bad penalties and one bad turnover. Carter was terrible. He might be in shape, but his head isn't in the game. His passes are to no one. His shots aren't anywhere near the net. Just ugly. Richards was terrible. I think he's in awful shape. He looks gassed after about 15 seconds. His hands are rock solid right now, and not in a good way.

The defense played well as a unit.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
good 1st period. not great, just good. after that the Avs slowly took over momentum. once again the lack of PP success haunts the Kings by not being able to close teams out.

the #2 and #3 is just invisible at this point. Richards is afk. it's apparent he is playing his way into shape, because he is always 1-2 steps behind every play. Carter is out there floating around and playing off Mike so it compounds.

Penner is floating around out there. after sitting much of the 3rd i saw he got out there and had 2 or 3 big hits, which i guess is his attempt to prove himself to BFF and stay in the line up. i doubt it works after drawing to minors for lazy play, one of which was converted. hello Simon

Sutter should move the #4 up to the #2 slot and push 2 and 3 down. why give them the ice when they aren't playing the way they are expected to? the #4 is at 100% so far.

the #1 isn't much better but at least they were showing presence and up ice hustle and backcheck.

Muzzin didn't do all that bad. the fact you didn't hear his name much is what we want.

Quick looked better than Saturday

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I am really impressed with the 4th line.

Clifford and Nolan are just slaying people. And fraser is such a savvy veteran for them to play with.

Bargain at 800k.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
I gotta stop reading GDTs. Too emotional.

But seriously, win Stanley Cup for the first time in Kings history - Two games into the season, same team has no heart, lazy, incompetent, and clueless.

Kings top 6 is a big reason they won the Cup. They didn't suddenly forget how to play. They're having some issues, most likely due to rust. Some teams have been better than others at shaking it off. Still it's two games, I think we can give them some leeway.

KingKopitar11*

Insert Luongo is this real life picture. But yeah, at our bottom 6 wasn't bad, Stoll was bad and sorta king, but the 4th was top gun.

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
Meh, they'll figure it out.

Muzzin is better than most here gave him credit for.

I'm pretty much discounting the meaning of the first 4 or 5 games of the season anyway.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
They played one good period of hockey, then lost all steam as soon as the 3rd period started.

- The silence from the top six forwards in the past two games is disturbing.

- On the plus side, the fourth line has been the best line for the Kings. Clifford and Nolan have been LA's best forwards two games in.

- Doughty logged tons of ice time and looked to be in mid-season form. Would still like to see him get more shots through and on net, but he's getting there.

- Pleasantly surprised by Drewiske's play, especially on the PK. Muzzin was good too and he was the least of LA's problems on the PP.

- Speaking of the PP, what a mess. They get enough possession time inside the offensive zone but take forever to setup a shot. And it seems like they keep looking for that perfect shot as opposed to putting bodies in front and getting the puck in front of the net.

- This team could still use a skilled winger in the top six. Time is running out on Penner and Gagne. For Game #3, it's Penner's turn to sit.

KingKopitar11*

I gotta stop reading GDTs. Too emotional.

But seriously, win Stanley Cup for the first time in Kings history - Two games into the season, same team has no heart, lazy, incompetent, and clueless.

Kings top 6 is a big reason they won the Cup. They didn't suddenly forget how to play. They're having some issues, most likely due to rust. Some teams have been better than others at shaking it off. Still it's two games, I think we can give them some leeway.

As i do agree but it seems like always thats us in the season :laugh:

We need WD40 badly.

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
We've never been good without Willie Mitchell, no joke. Can someone please find our record in the last two seasons with him and without him? I'm pretty sure there's a HUGE difference, this guy means more to our team than people think. One of, if not the most underrated player on the Kings.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Meh, they'll figure it out.

Muzzin is better than most here gave him credit for.

I'm pretty much discounting the meaning of the first 4 or 5 games of the season anyway.

It's pretty obvious most of this team needs to play its way into game shape. It's just frustrating to watch while it's happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad