Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season - The Luc and Rob ****show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
Just saw that MacDermid is a +7 in Ontario whole every other regular is either around even or well in the negatives. I know +\- is kind of a lame stat, but can any of you Reign watchers summarize MacDermids play this season?

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Normally I say guys are never going to retire and leave money on the table, but Carter would only be leaving $7m over 3 years on the table if he chose to retire after this season. This could be a situation where a guy might just retire rather than play somewhere he doesn't want to go (although I'm pretty sure he'd play out this season). He has made a ton of money, has his championships and there is almost 0 chance he signs another NHL contract after this one.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
It's only 12% of the 11 year deal he signed.

If Jeff Carter is worth $20 mill is it really worth it to play three seasons somewhere he doesn't want to be for another 4 after taxes? It might not be.

If Carter and Toffoli were stocks they would be in bear market territory.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
If Carter and Toffoli were stocks they would be in bear market territory.

Toffoli is barely hanging on, his lack of speed is just glaring the way the game is played now...remember Jonathan Cheechoo?

If Toffoli loses another step he could be out of the league.

Reactions: Piston

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Toffoli is barely hanging on, his lack of speed is just glaring the way the game is played now...remember Jonathan Cheechoo?

If Toffoli loses another step he could be out of the league.

This . I absolutely agree but if he had Carters speed he would be a 40 goal scorer . Unfortunate really

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan

If Jeff Carter is worth $20 mill is it really worth it to play three seasons somewhere he doesn't want to be for another 4 after taxes? It might not be.

Umm, yes? Even after taxes, $4 million is a lot of money. Are you rich or something where $4 million is pocket change for you? You could use that as a downpayment to buy an entire apartment building and live off rent money. There is no way that Carter is leaving $4 million after taxes on the table, unless he was a super business savvy guy is secretly worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Reactions: Bandit

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan

Umm, yes? Even after taxes, $4 million is a lot of money. Are you rich or something where $4 million is pocket change for you? You could use that as a downpayment to buy an entire apartment building and live off rent money. There is no way that Carter is leaving $4 million after taxes on the table, unless he was a super business savvy guy is secretly worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Plenty of athletes retire before their contracts are up, you act as if it's completely unheard of.

What if Carter is traded to Winnipeg, spends the rest of the season there and he and his wife decide it's not for them and they would rather settle in LA for good?

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

I would be VERY surprised if he was willing to walk away from 20% of his total worth in your model there.These guys might be millionaires, but 4 million is nothing to sneeze at, especially not for 2-3 years work.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I would be VERY surprised if he was willing to walk away from 20% of his total worth in your model there.These guys might be millionaires, but 4 million is nothing to sneeze at, especially not for 2-3 years work.

Yeah, I tend to agree. More likely would be Carter's agent "whispering" to other teams that his client would not be overly happy if he were traded. Is Carter happier in his current lifestyle than in his pursuit to win another cup? That is a legitimate question that other teams will be asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad