Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season - The Luc and Rob ****show

Status
Not open for further replies.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Seems the Penguins and Flyers are looking at Quick...make them bid against each other! Stolarz was horribrutal last night...watched it. Were up 6-4 and Flames scored
2 on last 1:07 to tie it and then Johnny Hockey scored in OT/....you can watch the replays and see that most of them, the Flyers D was bad on 2 of them.
They need Quick and 1 of Muzzin / Martinez....so do the Pens.

We saw 2 different games as I thought Stolarz was the only reason the flyers were in it. They took soo many dumb penalties in the 3rd and he was their best killer. The line on him looks bad from last night but he is not why the Flyers lost. Also the flyers were never up 6-4. It was 5-3 and the final score was 6-5 Calgary.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
You guys get that this dog calendar thing is done by even good teams, right? Like every year. That it has nothing to do with the Kings ineptness to try and make up for all the bad hockey and management, but it's to raise money for some do goodery stuff?
I get that the Kings were doing it back when they were winning Stanley Cups and it was a nice distraction. Now it's the big news out of the organization.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I heard the Pens PBP guy on nhl radio yesterday saying he thinks the team will turn it on post New Years, and are in the mindset of a cup run. The issue is they have zero cap space.

Best scenario is Quick plus 1 yr salary retained for Brassard straight up.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Agree that Carters leg is not healed and he is due for a bounce back. But even then, his value is 34 year old top 9 winger, not #2C.

I disagree that this year is a blip. It’s more like last year was an aberration and the team got off to a hot start when getting points is easier. But really the team has been in steady decline since 2015-16.

Last year, they won 11 out of the first 16 games. After that, they had one winning streak of 8 games starting around thanksgiving.

But the rest of the season, 51 games, the longest winning streak was 3 games, which happened 3 times. This was offset by 2 three game losing streaks. The worst was a 6 game losing streak in early January.

The remainder of the games were around .520 hockey, so mediocre at worst and never a serious contender for a deep playoff run, much less a cup.

"If we ignore 1/3 of the season where the Kings won 20 games, the Kings only played .520 hockey" That is a really odd way of looking at things. Why not eliminate the other three 3 game winning streaks while you are at it? Then they would be under .500 and your point would look even better.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I heard the Pens PBP guy on nhl radio yesterday saying he thinks the team will turn it on post New Years, and are in the mindset of a cup run. The issue is they have zero cap space.

That would make cap space, obviously, but Brassard has a NTC. I can't think of one good reason why the Kings wouldn't be one of the teams he doesn't want to go to.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

you cannot retain salary for only 1 year, and brassard should have zero interest to the kings

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
We saw 2 different games as I thought Stolarz was the only reason the flyers were in it. They took soo many dumb penalties in the 3rd and he was their best killer. The line on him looks bad from last night but he is not why the Flyers lost. Also the flyers were never up 6-4. It was 5-3 and the final score was 6-5 Calgary.

Of course it was 5-3...just knew the Flames were down by 2 and scored 2 in the last 1:07...yes, said the Flyers D was bad on 2 of those. Stolarz made the first save. No Flyers D cleared the
front.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
I think they found what’s been missing with this team.

I think it belongs to this guy
upload_2018-12-13_11-56-59.jpeg

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
"If we ignore 1/3 of the season where the Kings won 20 games, the Kings only played .520 hockey" That is a really odd way of looking at things. Why not eliminate the other three 3 game winning streaks while you are at it? Then they would be under .500 and your point would look even better.

No objective person looks at that performance and comes away predicting a cup contender. It’s more indicative of poor growth and lack of depth.

That would make cap space, obviously, but Brassard has a NTC. I can't think of one good reason why the Kings wouldn't be one of the teams he doesn't want to go to.

Fair point about the player refusing a trade to LA, but it’s not unreasonable for him to get more ice time on a bad team and get a better opportunity to showcase himself before ufa season.

you cannot retain salary for only 1 year, and brassard should have zero interest to the kings

So I guess we’d have to take more salary back, maybe Oleksiak

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA

Which has been the case in most of the games he has started. He's been solid, and isn't responsible for the piss poor play in front of him. Biggest issue is the damage Haks has done, which has affected most of the younger player at one time or another, right now it's Patrick and more noticeably , Provorov. Inefficient ,ineffective and inept system, which leads to extended zone time and scoring ops for just about every team they play. It's not just the defense, the forwards are just as guilty of awful decisions in front of the goalie. Rumor has it that Quenville is who Fletcher would like (apparently is friends with him ) and Q doesn't want a job until after the holidays.
Quick won't help, he's too old, has too much term and $$ for a team that is 3 or more years away from a deep run
He's much better suited for the PEns or Flames.
Don't see Muzzin or AMart, haven't heard that. A 3rd line PK'ing center and a puck rushing d that isn't too old (25-28) .
Elliotte Friedman said last night that Fletcher has been calling multiple GM's daily.
Goalie, would have to be short term 1,2 yrs left, as Carter Hart will be ready by then.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
No objective person looks at that performance and comes away predicting a cup contender. It’s more indicative of poor growth and lack of depth.

My point is, you are arbitrarily excluding portions of the season that include wins in order to prove how mediocre the Kings were last season. You aren't even choosing one solid portion of the season to exclude, you are purposefully selecting the 2 best stretches of the season to get rid of. I can selectively choose 31 games from last season to exclude like you did and show that the Kings had a record of 45-0-6 last season in the 51 other games. No objective person could look at that performance and not predict them being a cup contender.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Which has been the case in most of the games he has started. He's been solid, and isn't responsible for the piss poor play in front of him. Biggest issue is the damage Haks has done, which has affected most of the younger player at one time or another, right now it's Patrick and more noticeably , Provorov. Inefficient ,ineffective and inept system, which leads to extended zone time and scoring ops for just about every team they play. It's not just the defense, the forwards are just as guilty of awful decisions in front of the goalie. Rumor has it that Quenville is who Fletcher would like (apparently is friends with him ) and Q doesn't want a job until after the holidays.
Quick won't help, he's too old, has too much term and $$ for a team that is 3 or more years away from a deep run
He's much better suited for the PEns or Flames.
Don't see Muzzin or AMart, haven't heard that. A 3rd line PK'ing center and a puck rushing d that isn't too old (25-28) .
Elliotte Friedman said last night that Fletcher has been calling multiple GM's daily.
Goalie, would have to be short term 1,2 yrs left, as Carter Hart will be ready by then.

Thompson?

I think I have told you before that I joke that the flyers are my 7th favorite team with LA being 1-6. So I do keep an eye on them. Definitely feels like a coaching change is needed there. There is a lot of skill on the team and honestly I could see the team making a run within 3 years.

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
My point is, you are arbitrarily excluding portions of the season that include wins in order to prove how mediocre the Kings were last season. You aren't even choosing one solid portion of the season to exclude, you are purposefully selecting the 2 best stretches of the season to get rid of. I can selectively choose 31 games from last season to exclude like you did and show that the Kings had a record of 45-0-6 last season in the 51 other games. No objective person could look at that performance and not predict them being a cup contender.

I excluded their hot start, which fizzled in January 2018. Take away those 3 months, and the Kings haven’t looked like a contender for 3 seasons running.

Reactions: KINGS17

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Thompson?

I think I have told you before that I joke that the flyers are my 7th favorite team with LA being 1-6. So I do keep an eye on them. Definitely feels like a coaching change is needed there. There is a lot of skill on the team and honestly I could see the team making a run within 3 years.

Hexy tried for Dougie Hamilton, but wouldn't give up the pieces the Flames wanted, so he went to Carolina. He did have conversations about Dumba with with the Wild, but same issue. I'm not sure who Fletcher is eyeing but that (along with the PK'ing 3C ) is on his list. A top 4 d who can skate, has a few years of experience but young enough to be a solid part of their future

Hexy did replenish the farm system, now loaded with talent. Which does give Fletcher a lot of room to make trades that Hexy wouldn't. Simmonds, Voracek and eventually Giroux have to be moved for this team to grow and move forward. Those 3 are a large part of the leadership issue plaguing the team for 6 yrs since Richards left. the few times they have made the playoffs, there is a glaring void there, they have no impact shifts.

I am looking forward to seeing what Frost and Radcliffe do in the WC. Radcliffe had a good shot at making the team next year. Hopefully Phillipe Myers will as well. Unload Goonas and AMac and trade for that top 4 d and with what they have, their blueline ,with a proper coach, should be fine.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I excluded their hot start, which fizzled in January 2018. Take away those 3 months, and the Kings haven’t looked like a contender for 3 seasons running.

I dunno, if you exclude three seasons, they look fine,

Seriously is this what it's come down to prove points? Well....if you take a away 3 months of a 6 and a half month season, they looked like shit....

Well, hell man, take away the last half of the season, and they looked like they were on fire!

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010

Unless that retaining and bringing back cap comes with a huge sweeter fir the Kings I pass on that deal.Kings need the cap space not more cap coming back.Quick is worth more than a cap dump.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
LOSERS MENTALITY. NON-LEADERS. THE SLOWEST #1 CENTER IN NHL AND THE SLOWEST 2ND LINE CENTER IN NHL. TRADE BOTH THESE PLAYERS.
WAIVE CARTER, IF NEEDED. NO ONE WOULD PICK HIM UP, THOUGH.

Kopitar, on the emotional toll of losing to Buffalo and then coming into tonight’s matchup:

I mean, listen, coming in here it’s a tough building to play in. They’re homers. They play very, very hard at home. Obviously very physical and the game is definitely not easy and with the turnaround from Buffalo, it’s an unexplained thirty minutes and in high twenties, and it’s tough. But those are all just excuse that we can use, but we all know that that’s not what we’re about so we come in here and we kept it close for a little bit, and like I said, the special teams kind of gave it up for us.
Jeff Carter, on the game getting away from them:
It was 2-1 game, but we didn’t bring it. We have to be a lot better if we want to win games in this league and that’s the bottom line. We need to have more from everybody, myself included. Players like myself. I need to get back to doing what I’m doing. It’s all around, top to bottom.
Carter, on special teams:
I feel like it’s been a common theme this year. Their third goal, Muzz makes a big block, Paulie makes a block, goes right to him, those ones are going to happen. Guys are putting their body in front of pucks and goes right under his stick, but like I said, we’ve lost special teams battle way too much this year and it’s a huge, huge part of where we are. A lot of it falls on us, the leaders of the team.

I was watching NYI game last night....Barzal can fly...make plays. And the Calgary #1 line...and tonight TBL / TOR...guys like Kapanen, Point, and several others can fly out there. And Winnipeg. Scheifele (sp) and Ehlers and others fly out there and always making something happen every shift.
You MUST have speed up the middle and Kopitar may be the slowest #1 c in NHL and Carter is horrible He's almost become a neutral player and cannot tell which team he's playing for -
without the King jersey. Floats. No board play. Doesn't make any plays...no shots or any real ones. Shut him down now, trade or waive him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad