Jul 3, 2010
Well it looks like Kings maybe busy.
20181125_192154.jpg
Screenshot_20181125-191820_Twitter.jpg

Reactions: King Trouty

dman3474

Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
I could see something working out with tampa. They will need to start making cap space for next season and only have four D signed for next season.

Something around Muzz/Martinez and Hagelin for JT Miller and one of their D on an expiring contract.

KingsCourt

Aug 15, 2005
they better start making moves to dismatle this team...i don't wanna see them go on a run, not make the playoffs and get a middle pick.
if you are going stink, stink bad and get a top three pick

Reactions: go4hockey

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
they better start making moves to dismatle this team...i don't wanna see them go on a run, not make the playoffs and get a middle pick.
if you are going stink, stink bad and get a top three pick

That can happen even if they go on a run, not make the playoffs, and finish middle of the pack.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Well, this was certainly a trade that worked out for the Kings.

Four months later, they flipped Yushkevich for draft picks that turned into nothing. That was also when they sold off Mathieu Schneider and Bryan Smolinski, but oddly opted to re-sign Aaron Miller.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
With so many threads, not sure where to put this, but I love the outrage over Kovy....some of it's mock, some of it's real, none of it is understandable,

Yes, he was playing well when everyone wasn't, yes, he's an offensive weapon, he's also....a defensive bombshell, and he either can't, or refuses to do anything about it. But let's set that aside....all the OMG they aren't using Kovy right people....ARE ALSO the same people that are saying, lets LOSE FOR HUGHES, and get pissed off when the Kings win...or at least dismayed....

Well.which is it, you either think that Kovy is being mistreated and misused and that's why we aren't scoring/winning, or you want to lose for hughes, can't really have this one both ways,

I think Kovalchuk at the VERY least needs to commit to better defense.....he hasn't had a point in what, the last 7 games...."yea man cuz he's playing on the 4th line dude" no.....was just moved there Saturday against Vancouver, he was playing with Toffoli and Carter well before that not only had gooseggs, had zero chances etc....

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The more you know...

I get now why Robitaille and Blake seem to be rudderless this season, they think doing their job is as complicated as landing on Mars.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I want trades to happen so I know what player to request on the back of my kings jersey for christmas...come on blake

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
With so many threads, not sure where to put this, but I love the outrage over Kovy....some of it's mock, some of it's real, none of it is understandable,

Yes, he was playing well when everyone wasn't, yes, he's an offensive weapon, he's also....a defensive bombshell, and he either can't, or refuses to do anything about it. But let's set that aside....all the OMG they aren't using Kovy right people....ARE ALSO the same people that are saying, lets LOSE FOR HUGHES, and get pissed off when the Kings win...or at least dismayed....

Well.which is it, you either think that Kovy is being mistreated and misused and that's why we aren't scoring/winning, or you want to lose for hughes, can't really have this one both ways,

I think Kovalchuk at the VERY least needs to commit to better defense.....he hasn't had a point in what, the last 7 games...."yea man cuz he's playing on the 4th line dude" no.....was just moved there Saturday against Vancouver, he was playing with Toffoli and Carter well before that not only had gooseggs, had zero chances etc....

I'm just wondering when my earlier criticism of the signing being a bad move becomes gospel or if it will all be Willie's fault.

While many of us want to lose for Hughes, there is still the unenviable task of watching the rest of this train wreck of a season. Even if he isn't scoring, Kovalchuk provides the possibility of something exciting happening on a team that is painfully boring to watch.

If he can't play defense, cool. Most of the rest of the squad can't so I think most of us would rather keep on losing with the excitement he can provide one the ice rather than getting more and more of the Nate Thompson show: especially if the latter leads to tighter defense and maybe a couple more points in the standings.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I'm just wondering when my earlier criticism of the signing being a bad move becomes gospel or if it will all be Willie's fault.

While many of us want to lose for Hughes, there is still the unenviable task of watching the rest of this train wreck of a season. Even if he isn't scoring, Kovalchuk provides the possibility of something exciting happening on a team that is painfully boring to watch.

If he can't play defense, cool. Most of the rest of the squad can't so I think most of us would rather keep on losing with the excitement he can provide one the ice rather than getting more and more of the Nate Thompson show: especially if the latter leads to tighter defense and maybe a couple more points in the standings.

It can be both no?

I did not like the signing but had hopes it could work out. Two weeks into the season Kovalchuk impressed me and I thought once the team woke up it could provide real nice depth and scoring which was needed. Now WD is pissing all over any chance of it working.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
I thought Amadio was recalled before last game with the Hagelin Injury

Oh snap, yes you are right. Someone must be getting sent down unless we have roster space with Rempal up. Doubt there is a trade going down. Not the trade season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad