Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season - The Luc and Rob Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
I dont think he can be moved because of his NTC but Kopitar needs to be traded. I would bench him in a 2nd period first then sit him for a game. This guy has the C and he's completely given up, zero leadership, complete capitulation. If he wont snap out of it the pull the C.

even worse, i'd trade Kopitar mid-game just to mess up with his psyche

Reactions: RocketKing

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Here we go:

Carter + Luff for Necas + conditional 2nd
Toffoli for Puljujarvi + Russell (to make cap work) + 2nd (turns into 1st if Edmonton reaches western finals)
Muzzin For Liljejgrin
Martinez for whatever Buffalo will pay
Hagelin for a 3rd

Next year Roll with

Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Kovalchuk - Necas/Vilardi - Puljujarvi
Kempe - Vilardi/Necas - Lewis
Clifford - Rookie - Wagner

Rookie could be this year's first (please Hughes please), Kupari, Amadio or other

On D
Brickley- Doughty
Russell/Dion/Clague - Lilejgrin
Russell/Dion/Clague - Ladue/Fatenberg

That D does scare me but with the cap space saved maybe a UFA D can be brought in (Ceci) depending on cost

so we're finishing dead last again next year? good to know, i'll book my enema accordingly

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Reactions: SoulAssassin

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
If we could land Hughes and Lafreniere in back to back drafts...haha.

Of course you all know we'd finish last twice and pick 4th. THIS is true Kings fandom. 2012-2014 was just a brief interruption in a 50-year wet fart.

I miss the days when fans of other teams made up conspiracy theories about the league and refs being in the Kings' pockets. Back when the team was intimidating to play against, fun to watch, and successful.

Now they're the opposite of all of that.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
If we could land Hughes and Lafreniere in back to back drafts...haha.

Of course you all know we'd finish last twice and pick 4th. THIS is true Kings fandom. 2012-2014 was just a brief interruption in a 50-year wet fart.

I've been saying that was a blip for years now.

Only difference with the losing now v. then is they are a bunch of cucks out there.

It's censored. I'm talking dudes that watch their wives with other dudes. That's this team.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Any interest in Todd McLellan now he's available? Seen a Twitter post stating John Shannon saying Kings might be interested.

He's so good but we're so nice we'll let him out of his contract for a 3rd round pick.
:wg:

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
If we land Hughes and go with the new NHL MO of getting younger and faster we can spread out the old age a little and ice this lineup next year with our space . Right wings can be interchangeable im more high on Kupari than others so idk.

Brown-Kopitar-Toffoli
Kovy-Hughes-Vilardi
Kempe-Carter-Kupari
Iaffalo-JAD-Luff
Wagner, Lewis

Muzzin-Doughty
Clague-Martinez
Fantenberg-Phaneuf
Forbort

Quick
Petersen

50/50 starts

Reactions: ibleedkings

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Any interest in Todd McLellan now he's available? Seen a Twitter post stating John Shannon saying Kings might be interested.

He's so good but we're so nice we'll let him out of his contract for a 3rd round pick.

I would not follow that person or John Shannon if that's the nonsense they're spewing.

It's been said that Desjardins is the interim coach at least until the end of the season, and the expectation is they are breaking in Marco Sturm to be a head coach eventually.

MAYBE McLellan is brought in after the season, but I think their long term sights as a head coach is Sturm.

Reactions: Reaper45

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA

Because a reporter is spinning his theories on radio about a team w/o a coach and a coach w/o a team? No, don't see it.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
If we land Hughes and go with the new NHL MO of getting younger and faster we can spread out the old age a little and ice this lineup next year with our space . Right wings can be interchangeable im more high on Kupari than others so idk.

Brown-Kopitar-Toffoli
Kovy-Hughes-Vilardi
Kempe-Carter-Kupari
Iaffalo-JAD-Luff
Wagner, Lewis

Muzzin-Doughty
Clague-Martinez
Fantenberg-Phaneuf
Forbort

Quick
Petersen

50/50 starts

Sorry but Clague over Brickley? Brickley would get the first chance. Fantenberg shouldn't be resigned with the depth coming up and LaDue would still be there. It would look more like...

Iafallo--Kopitar--Brown
Kovy--Nylander--Hughes
Kempe--Carter--Vilardi
Wagner--JAD--Brodzinski
Luff, Amadio

Brickley--Doughty
Phanuef--Martinez
Forbort--LaDue
McDermid

Quick
Petersen

Kupari will come over next year but will start the year in the AHL. Muzzin, Toffoli, Clague will be traded for Nylander.

Reactions: SoulAssassin

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Sorry but Clague over Brickley? Brickley would get the first chance. Fantenberg shouldn't be resigned with the depth coming up and LaDue would still be there. It would look more like...

Iafallo--Kopitar--Brown
Kovy--Nylander--Hughes
Kempe--Carter--Vilardi
Wagner--JAD--Brodzinski
Luff, Amadio

Brickley--Doughty
Phanuef--Martinez
Forbort--LaDue
McDermid

Quick
Petersen

Kupari will come over next year but will start the year in the AHL. Muzzin, Toffoli, Clague will be traded for Nylander.

Brickley on the first pairing and Phaneuf on the second would guarantee us another 1st overall pick given we win the lotto pick

good thinking! i like your style :thumbu:

Reactions: KingsOfCali25

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
Canucks fan here,wow really really shocked by your team,i dont get it.what has gone on.We had Willie D as coach and i can tell ya i was not a fan what so ever,hopefully he is not interm for to long for you guys.Looks like we are going to start falling in the standings also,you might have company.Hope ya get it turned around soon..cheers

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Canucks fan here,wow really really shocked by your team,i dont get it.what has gone on.We had Willie D as coach and i can tell ya i was not a fan what so ever,hopefully he is not interm for to long for you guys.Looks like we are going to start falling in the standings also,you might have company.Hope ya get it turned around soon..cheers

Desjardins has nothing to do with it. This general roster is 0-5 at home in the playoffs since June 13th, 2014.

Reactions: Bandit

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

Draft pick compensation for coaches is done

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

Iafallo--Kopitar--Brown
Kovy--Nylander--Hughes
Kempe--Carter--Vilardi
Wagner--JAD--Brodzinski
Luff, Amadio

Brickley--Doughty
Phanuef--Martinez
Forbort--LaDue
McDermid

Quick
Petersen

Woudl be just fine with this too.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas

Iafallo--Kopitar--Brown
Kovy--Nylander--Hughes
Kempe--Carter--Vilardi
Wagner--JAD--Brodzinski
Luff, Amadio

Brickley--Doughty
Phanuef--Martinez
Forbort--LaDue
McDermid

Quick
Petersen

Brown - Kopitar - Hughes
Kovy - Carter - Vilardi
Kempe - Amadio - Kupari
Wagner - JAD - Lewis
Brickley - Doughty
Forbort - Voynov
Pesce - LaDue
Quick - Petersen

Toffoli for Pesce
Amart + Haglin for Moulson +1st
Muzzin for Jost or Timmins +

With enough cap to sign a vet or two to replace a kid if needed

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

There are a lot of things which have gone wrong, and since I'm using a mobile phone right now would take way too long.

WD isn't the problem at the moment, but he's not the answer.

Biggest problem is Blake wanting to change the identity of the team without realizing his coaching staff (Stevens) and his core might not be equipped for an identity change.

From 2008 to last season, the Kings have had a "tough to play against, defensive, strong on the boards" identity. They want to play a faster, up-tempo game and the players are struggling as a whole. Stevens was not the right coach for the job, but the players also need to be overhauled. The development staff and scouting staff also have to be reevaluated.

Blake and Robitaille had unrealistic expectations that this team can suddenly change their identity and be a contender.

It's a garbage, rudderless org from top to bottom.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015

Iafallo--Kopitar--Brown
Kovy--Nylander--Hughes
Kempe--Carter--Vilardi
Wagner--JAD--Brodzinski
Luff, Amadio

Brickley--Doughty
Phanuef--Martinez
Forbort--LaDue
McDermid

Quick
Petersen

I bet Kupari makes the team. This is his second year in LIGA. He has the ability, elite skating, size, has played defensive role (last year at 17 yrs of age)
and plays 200 feet and is even physical. I agree with not rushing prospects and it is almost always wrong with an 18 year old. But at 19 and all I
stated, if he shows he is ready in camp, he will make the Kings.

The Leafs deal...sounds about right....but would only make sense if the Kings could talk with him and get him signed...should hopefully
get one of their prospects back or a 3rd round pick. 22 year olds that have had 2 60+ point seasons are typically impossible to get.
Intersesting - the 20 goals 40 assists seasons are like Kopi's first season in LA...he had apx 20 goals and 40 asissts. Not in any way comparing the
2..just the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad