Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season - The Luc and Rob Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
I am glad that Pearson has 2 goals and 1 assist in his 3 games - GMs are watching and NOW KNOW that Pearson was not the total PieceOfShtt LW with 1 assist in 17 games...NO, he's a 20 goal scorer when he's NOT ON THE KINGS. So...if the said GM has a functioning brain, they can also deduce that Tyler Toffoli is not a clueless winger that is invisible and can no longer play NHL hockey...no!! "Tyler Toffoli is a 25 to 30 goal scorer on MY TEAM....Jeff Carter can score 20 goals on MY TEAM from this point, forward...." "Jake Muzzin is the top 4 defenseman that propels my team and will make my 2nd PP unit convert 5% more!!" (gets on phone and is calling Rob Blake) I am serious. We all should want Tanner Pearson to score a hatty next game - this will end up getting more value for these non producing, non caring, non functioning, massive paycheck collectors.

Last edited:

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
I’m watching the Edmonton situation closely. Their GM has made 2-3 bad moves and there are barely any players on the roster that were drafted past the first round.

I’m not comparing us to Edmonton but I think Lombardi made some Chiarelli type (not as bad but still hurt) moves (Sekera, Lucic, Gaborik contract) and now Blake is starting to make similar moves (Pearson).

Thank god Wagner and Luff are on the scoreboard, but look at the roster now. Most players are over 30. Kopitar and Brown were drafted decades ago. Toffoli was a 2nd round pick a long time ago. Luckily, the Kings have shown they can bring college players like Peterson and Iafallo, but we used to be mentioned around the league as a great drafting organization when we won the two Cups. Now what?

All we have to show is Kempe as a first over the past 5 years?

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
I dont think he can be moved because of his NTC but Kopitar needs to be traded. I would bench him in a 2nd period first then sit him for a game. This guy has the C and he's completely given up, zero leadership, complete capitulation. If he wont snap out of it the pull the C.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Looks like Blake has a lot to be proud of...he's accomplishing great things.

I miss Deano.

He is....he gave Tanner Pearson a new found joy to play hockey again and put him on a great team for him to be successful. We can hope that Tanner talks with Kopi, Toffol, Carter and tells them how great
life is and that hockey is fun again...so all of them can go ask Blake to trade them too.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
That has no bearing on it. They have to want to be traded. Kopitar has a NMC through next year, and then he can pick 7 teams. Doughty is the same up until 2023, when it turns into the NTC. Until they want out, there's no reason to wonder how much they could get for them.

I could actually see Drew asking if this continues, less certain on Kopi

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Here we go:

Carter + Luff for Necas + conditional 2nd
Toffoli for Puljujarvi + Russell (to make cap work) + 2nd (turns into 1st if Edmonton reaches western finals)
Muzzin For Liljejgrin
Martinez for whatever Buffalo will pay
Hagelin for a 3rd

Next year Roll with

Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Kovalchuk - Necas/Vilardi - Puljujarvi
Kempe - Vilardi/Necas - Lewis
Clifford - Rookie - Wagner

Rookie could be this year's first (please Hughes please), Kupari, Amadio or other

On D
Brickley- Doughty
Russell/Dion/Clague - Lilejgrin
Russell/Dion/Clague - Ladue/Fatenberg

That D does scare me but with the cap space saved maybe a UFA D can be brought in (Ceci) depending on cost

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Here we go:

Next year Roll with

Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Kovalchuk - Necas/Vilardi - Puljujarvi
Kempe - Vilardi/Necas - Lewis
Clifford - Rookie - Wagner

Rookie could be this year's first (please Hughes please), Kupari, Amadio or other

On D
Brickley- Doughty
Russell/Dion/Clague - Lilejgrin
Russell/Dion/Clague - Ladue/Fatenberg

That D does scare me but with the cap space saved maybe a UFA D can be brought in (Ceci) depending on cost

Both Kupari and JAD will be playing on the Kings next year.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Both Kupari and JAD will be playing on the Kings next year.

Good god I hope not, if the Kings tear this down you would be teaching them how to lose. Let them round out their games in the AHL away from a losing culture.

Maybe this is a one off year similar to what happened to Colorado, but man the Kings Top players are not showing any fight. That is scary.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad