Post-Game Talk: Kings 2, Canucks 0: Just five more games, friends

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
On Edler:

Even a good game by his standards - one where he didn't blatantly give the puck away, he took a dumb penalty in a 0-0 game.

The play was a harmless one where he actually had good position on a kings forechecker, somehow he had to bend over and close the puck with his glove hand.
Makes no sense, the play wasn't that critical to do that.

Again poor judgement.

And our 1st PP unit simply be centered around the puck moving ability of Edler.
He is way too slow to make the decisions we need on the point.

Countless times he could have passed it over to Boeser for the 1-timer but then hesitated.

Stetcher would be the better option on the 1st unit:

1. He is much quicker in his decision making. Actually he's much quicker at passing/shooting, skating in general.

2. He's a right hand shot, so its much easier for him to pass the puck over to the left.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
goldobin looks like he got benched for scoring a goal and is coasting until the sublime moron who did that can stop ****ing with my team

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Was at the game (had free tickets)...did anyone see the giant black beach ball that ended up in the Kings bench? Was part of this game promotion they were doing after one of the whistles. The ball was supposed to go up to the top of a section, but ended up being tossed towards the middle of the arena and ended up behind the Kings bench during the play. Funniest **** ever.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Was at the game (had free tickets)...did anyone see the giant black beach ball that ended up in the Kings bench? Was part of this game promotion they were doing after one of the whistles. The ball was supposed to go up to the top of a section, but ended up being tossed towards the middle of the arena and ended up behind the Kings bench during the play. Funniest **** ever.

:laugh: Didn't see that, but saw some debris ended up on the ice towards the end.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto

Mentioned on the Kings broadcast. Oops!

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
As insipid as the Sedins have been at times this year, you really have to wonder how much better they'd have done and how much more they would have produced if they hadn't been chained to one of Sutter/Megna/Chaput for 60% of this season at ES, and stuck with Sutter on the PP for the entire season.

Not consistently playing with competent linemates has probably cost them at least 10 points this year. As much as Willie puts most of his kids in positions to fail, he's done the same with the Sedins.

There's some wisdom to the concept of spreading the offence around.The problem with this team is there's not enough offence to spread around.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Edler looks like a battle scared and shell shocked vet. Punches in, punches out and goes about his job in a work-man like way. However, you rarely get the feeling he's a truly inspired player. Probably seen too many goals go in and too little chance of winning over the last few years.

I think he probably cares quite a bit and I don't think lazy exactly fits him (although he can give off that impression at times) . Might be a stretch but has kind of an Eeyore appearance and is simply expecting things to go bad. And who can blame him.

As far as trading him, there are times you get so frustrated that you want to take a heavy duty sledge hammer and smash this team (and organization) down to its foundations. Just get Edler and rest the hell out of here and start from scratch. But that is likely to do no good.

There do have to be players to build around. And on the back end that someone is probably Edler. That said, any consideration of his present stats and the likelihood that this is as good as it gets for Edler does make you think trade (if you can get around the NMC).

I don't think it is easy decision but in the short term I think you keep Edler.

Thanks for your 2 cents; well done and good points, as usual.

I realize Edler did not play his worst game, by any means, but I was just building up inside of me for a while...

I was a shaken up bottle of coke, and I picked last night to open the cap..;)

I, personally, would not shed a tear if the heavens opened up and we found a way to move him.

As others have mentioned, I think he needs to be recharged in a new environment.

Thanks again for your reply.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad