Post-Game Talk: Kings 2, Canucks 0: Just five more games, friends

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Discuss here.

- Loui Eriksson and Troy Stecher return to the lineup from injury.
- Nikolay Goldobin appears to be the odd man out, with Alex Biega dressing as a forward.
- Ryan Miller starts.
- Jacob Markstrom has been officially shut down for the season; he is having surgery on his knee, which he injured in the SuperSkills.
- Griffen Molino will make his NHL debut.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
more chaput and no boucher with the sedins.

and scratching goldy, what a dumb ****ing coach. i'd scratch ****ing chaput.

god dammit that useless mother****er

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
These are the exact games where you want to play guys like Goldobin, he's played more than enough in the AHL. Needs to learn the NHL game, even if he struggles, he and the team will have a good idea of what he needs to improve on over the summer.

I get that they want to expose Biega as a forward and likely promised Molina NHL games to get him to sign, but still.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Goldobin isnt that good THERE I SAID IT

I haven't exactly been impressed by him either, but when it's the final few games and a team sucks ass, you have to see what you have with guys like this. I'm also glad that Molino is getting a game.

We accomplish nothing by playing guys like Biega and Chaput over him.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Discuss here.

- Loui Eriksson and Troy Stecher return to the lineup from injury.
- Nikolay Goldobin appears to be the odd man out, with Alex Biega dressing as a forward.
- Ryan Miller starts.
- Jacob Markstrom has been officially shut down for the season; he is having surgery on his knee, which he injured in the SuperSkills.
- Griffen Molino will make his NHL debut.

So WD rather play biega out of position than dress goldobin. I havent watch any games lately but has goldobin been THAT BAD, or this is a case of Willy being Willy?

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Know what? I'm ok with not playing Goldobin.

The Kings suck this season because of their lack of speed. What they don't lack in, however, is the ability to physically bully and that's what the Kings are going to do to us tonight, pound the ever living **** out of us.

Not playing Goldy = preventing Goldy from being injured.

I'm ok with this decision.

Tinhorn1

Aug 7, 2007
Maybe it's the fact that Goldobin is weaker than a newborn kitten at the moment and needs some gym time to get his strength back (not that he was Arnold Schwarzenegger out there in the first place). Really unfortunately that he got a horrible illness moments after joining the team. We won't really begin to see what he can do until next year, imo.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
So WD rather play biega out of position than dress goldobin. I havent watch any games lately but has goldobin been THAT BAD, or this is a case of Willy being Willy?

Goldobin hasn't been a world beater - he's looked like what he is: a talented prospect finding his legs in the NHL. He's only been averaging about 10 minutes a night, but he bounces around the lineup a bit. He'll get shifts with the Twins, and then be with the third or fourth line.

I think at this point, he'd be better suited (and Utica would probably be pretty happy) on the Comets playing meaningful games in their playoff push. Either that, or damn the torpedoes and play him for a full night with the Twins or the Horvat line, skating on an offensive line, playing to his strengths, and letting him play through some of his mistakes, warts or blemishes, etc.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Kinda figured Goldie wouldn't last long with Willie.....if it was earlier in the season and they weren't into the last six games, this would be the first of a lot of scratches

Beiga is a trier, but he's a d-man not a forward, and is a UFA at the end of the season and unlikely to be back....and Molino will be buried in Utica for sure.....why not try Goldie with the twins?....what have you got to lose?...but another game with Chaput?....it's just mind-numbing....but mercifully it will all be over in six games.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
So is our fourth line tonight a CHL overager, a late euroleague signing and a defenseman?

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Kinda figured Goldie wouldn't last long with Willie.....if it was earlier in the season and they weren't into the last six games, this would be the first of a lot of scratches

Beiga is a trier, but he's a d-man not a forward, and is a UFA at the end of the season and unlikely to be back....and Molino will be buried in Utica for sure.....why not try Goldie with the twins?....what have you got to lose?...but another game with Chaput?....it's just mind-numbing....but mercifully it will all be over in six games.

Has it been confirmed by the team/coach that Biega is in at forward over a healthy Goldobin?

That would be a difficult justification to make if true. I know he's been invisible and completely useless.. but.. (ok not that difficult)

- and i think Biega is under contract with us for another yr still.

Last edited:

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
trash coach, cant wait till hes out of the nhl and back in the ahl with his clipboard

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Baertchi Horvat Boeser
Shore Sutter Boucher
Sedin Sedin Chaput
Eriksson Labate Biega

Hutton Stecher
Sbisa Tanev
Edler Trammer

Millsy
Backster

Brutal

4-2 Kings our goals by Boeser

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Baertchi Horvat Boeser
Shore Sutter Boucher
Sedin Sedin Chaput
Eriksson Labate Biega

Hutton Stecher
Sbisa Tanev
Edler Trammer

Millsy
Backster

Brutal

4-2 Kings our goals by Boeser

Kenward stated practice was:

DSedin HSedin Chaput
Baertschi Horvat Boeser
Eriksson Sutter Boucher
Molino Shore Biega

Labate was sent down wasn't he?

Jeez man.. does anyone know for sure?

It's like a fake news site...

Jot something down, then get mad at made up thing you jotted down.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
So is our fourth line tonight a CHL overager, a late euroleague signing and a defenseman?

Yes, and our AHL team sucks. Great team building going on around here. Quick turn around guaranteed.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I get why they're playing biega because he's the only guy on this roster who actually hits or plays with any edge and you know the kings are going to exert their will against us.

I don't know that goldobin is the guy i would have subbed him in for though. Especially if we see the d pairings and larsen is in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad