Kingdom Hearts 3

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

The dunk not mincing words.

I mean. I respect his opinion. Always have. But if he was expecting a coherent story...

Although he has a point with the stilted dialogue and weird sounds the characters make. That has always kind of been a part of KH but in the five hours I watched it seemed worse than usual.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I mean. I respect his opinion. Always have. But if he was expecting a coherent story...

Thing is, insane outside lore aside, the story as presented in the game is awful. They way it is told is awful.

It’s extremely cringe, robotic dialogue. Way way way too much exposition. The Disney world’s are just filler, or bad shoehorned attempts to make it fit into the overall plot. We get side updates with other characters with little rhyme or reason.

Then the majority of the plot is backloaded, and it is an overall bloated mess. Roxas and Xion should never have even been in this game, they had so little to do and their return was so slapdash.

I hung in there becayse I was curious how this would finish, but all I found is I apparently need to pay more attention to the mobile game.

That isn’t to say the past games were masterpieces, but they did better jobs of mixing the Disney and FF in there and paced things a bit better. Here it’s oretty clear there is zero reason for Disney to still be involved, and they already showed their hand by dumping the FF characters outside of the Noctis expy.

Issues are further compounded because the rest of the game is so lacking. Worlds are bigger, but honestly kind of empty and still quite linear. There is a huge lack of end game content. Game has zero challenge, and the gameplay while good, isn’t good enough to carry it.

The more I sit on it the more I dislike the game. Only thing I can give fully positive marks for are the graphics and music. Otherwise it’s a clusterf***.

Reactions: HanSolo

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Strongly disagree. The worlds are such a step up from what they were before, which it to be expected after such a long hiatus. The Pirates level alone shits on every other past world, it's probably the best world in any game. I mean there's NPCs walking around and doing various activities, mini games in those worlds, things to collect, vertically, etc. They're not just going to throw out open world levels, it's an action game at its core not a full blown RPG. I think some peoples nostalgia is way to high.

The game is super charming also. The combat is awesome with the keyblade transformations which add another layer to abilities. You don't have to sub out one of goofy or donald anymore, and they're also not useless. The flow motion helps a lot, I love being able to stay on the air for entire battles.

I don't care much about the story stuff, I only get the gist of it and that's good enough for me. The game is definitely on the easier side Though, I'm sure they'll patch in critical mode or have it in the KH3FM version. Just avoid using attraction moves and put on zero exp for awhile.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I finally got past the roadblock that was holding me back. And I didn't need an official strategy guide to help. GameFAQs.com did the trick. I don't know how I should feel, but I'm glad I got past that hurdle.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Late to the party, but I’m a decent way through the Pirates world.

The game is what it is - awesome combat, looks beautiful, atrocious story and cringe-worthy dialogue (worse than the other games to boot).

But what I wanted to comment on is the impressive inconsistency from level to level. Inconsistency only Square Enix is capable of.

This Pirates world is legitimately 5x better than any other in the game - it’s massive, beautiful, unique and has cool combat mechanics. Yet I just beat Arandelle, and the world is one giant corridor, you barely interact with the characters and the story makes zero sense unless you’ve seen the movie.

While I enjoyed the Monsters Inc story, the world itself takes like an hour to complete and is completely rushed, with nothing to explore. Compared with Toy Box, where the story makes no sense and the world is massive and fun to explore, with unique mechanics.

It’s clear as day they had 2-3 teams working on the level designs, and one of those teams was just far and away stronger.

Last edited:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Late to the party, but I’m a decent way through the Pirates world.

The game is what it is - awesome combat, looks beautiful, atrocious story and cringe-worthy dialogue (worse than the other games to boot).

But what I wanted to comment on is the impressive inconsistency from level to level. Inconsistency only Square Enix is capable of.

This Pirates world is legitimately 5x better than any other in the game - it’s massive, beautiful, unique and has cool combat mechanics. Yet I just beat Arandelle, and the world is one giant corridor, you barely interact with the characters and the story makes zero sense unless you’ve seen the movie.

While I enjoyed the Monsters Inc story, the world itself takes like an hour to complete and is completely rushed, with nothing to explore. Compared with Toy Box, where the story makes no sense and the world is massive and fun to explore, with unique mechanics.

It’s clear as day they had 2-3 teams working on the level designs, and one of those teams was just far and away stronger.

I haven't gotten to Pirates yet. I actually haven't touched the game in two months. It was somewhat fun, not at all addictive and it felt more like a chore to play than anything. I may eventually finish it but it won't be any time soon.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I got halfway through the Pirates world and only had San Fransokyo left afterward before I put it down and never picked it up again. Everything about it was so repetitive, especially the combat. I can only push X and Triangle so many times before I fall asleep.

Hell, I could probably play this game in my sleep, actually.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Omg the cringe dialogue- no background sounds, and awkward pauses and weird sounds lol. "Part of the charm" must have been their thought process when QA-ing it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad