Kingdom Hearts 3

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I love Kingdom Hearts but for the overall story I feel completely lost at this point. Never played any of the mobile games and the broader story of KHII didn't really sink in for me to well to begin with and now it's been sooo long since that came out. I mean, who the hell is Aqua again?
I've given up on making sense of the story. I never cared much for it to begin with it. I was always more of a fan of the aesthetics (particularly the original locations as opposed to the Disney ones) and combat style of the games.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I love Kingdom Hearts but for the overall story I feel completely lost at this point. Never played any of the mobile games and the broader story of KHII didn't really sink in for me to well to begin with and now it's been sooo long since that came out. I mean, who the hell is Aqua again?

I've given up on making sense of the story. I never cared much for it to begin with it. I was always more of a fan of the aesthetics (particularly the original locations as opposed to the Disney ones) and combat style of the games.

This should clear things up for you:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This should clear things up for you:

For a second I thought that was a legit story explanation video. I was actually impressed at how serious Dunkey took parts of that video.

But for real, KH might be one of my favorite entertainment medias with such a clear disaster of storytelling plaguing it. Like if you need a long video explaining a story, you haven't told a good story. You haven't even told a video game passable story. But then again, Square has always had a less than focused approach to storytelling at best.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
For a second I thought that was a legit story explanation video. I was actually impressed at how serious Dunkey took parts of that video.

But for real, KH might be one of my favorite entertainment medias with such a clear disaster of storytelling plaguing it. Like if you need a long video explaining a story, you haven't told a good story. You haven't even told a video game passable story. But then again, Square has always had a less than focused approach to storytelling at best.

Reading the comments apparently it is a legit story explanation, except for the last joke about Pumba.

The problem with Kingdom Hearts is the original premise is just such a brilliantly amazing idea that was backed up with great gameplay... but then Square had to go and Square the **** out of it to an extent we've never seen before, making it even worse by extending the convoluted mess of a 'story' they came up with over multiple platforms.

Reactions: S E P H

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Reading the comments apparently it is a legit story explanation, except for the last joke about Pumba.

The problem with Kingdom Hearts is the original premise is just such a brilliantly amazing idea that was backed up with great gameplay... but then Square had to go and Square the **** out of it to an extent we've never seen before, making it even worse by extending the convoluted mess of a 'story' they came up with over multiple platforms.
The story at its most basic for the most part is fine but they went overboard with the nobodies and Organization 13 when it could've been a much more streamlined concept. Then all the different versions of Xehanort and all the characters he inhabited or whatever...its absurd.

I didn't mind having the Birth By Sleep characters as precursor characters in a grander narrative but what they actually ended up meaning to the story at large is a convoluted mess. Like, was the artistic direction to try to make figuring out the story a meta game?

I mean a fan fiction writer could do better.

In terms of atmosphere, art style, graphics, pace, mechanics, music (despite some camera issues) it's a fantastic series and one I adore, but at the expense of not caring about the story at all.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Thing is they had every intention to anime and convolute the hell out of this.

All of it is there in the secret ending for the original. The saving grace is that the major plot could always be ignored in the actual Disney world’s since they always followed their own smaller story.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Is it wrong that this has me more hyped than the Avengers 4 trailer?

Especially after all my bitching about the story being convoluted :laugh:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Sounds like copies of this game managed to get out early somehow. Good luck dodging spoilers, I guess.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I was looking at the preorders on the PS4 store. And the larger $99.99 KH3 + The Story Story So Far has something called "2.6." Is this real, or did Sony have a typo?

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I was looking at the preorders on the PS4 store. And the larger $99.99 KH3 + The Story Story So Far has something called "2.6." Is this real, or did Sony have a typo?
There’s a “Kingdom Hearts HD II.8” and a “Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.” I wouldn’t be surprised if there were a 2.6, as well. The naming conventions for this series are literally gobbledygook.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Just updated my order info with Best Buy. I love that they honoured Future Shop pre-orders.

$39.99 CDN ($29.99 USD) - money well spent.

Can't wait.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011

I'm getting any work that I have for next week out of the way within the next few days so that I won't have much to bother me when trying to play this game. It's been a long time coming, and we're only one week away now. I'm so damn excited!

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
It’s almost surreal to think about how close this game is to coming out. I was in f***ing middle school when KH2 came out.

Very excited.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
My weekend will be dedicated to finishing KH2 as it has been just over 12 years since the first time I played it. I am ready for KH3. I think I am. Maybe I am not.

tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad