King Karlsson - The Captain and The Playoff Warrior

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I'm not even fazed that he's limping at this point, he's been limping for 2 months FFS and has been absoluely lights out during that span.

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
Give him a new Award instead of Norris

He is too good for Norris, They could give him the Viking Trophy Award for being the best all year also the play off and playing hurt with more ice tome AND points than everybody else. He is kinda too allround and great for Norris Trophy, it maybe doesn't is enough to be the best D man and most ice time leading blocked shot category the list goes on. Give him the Viking Trophy.

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
The Norris is an award based on the performances over 82 games of one regular season. I'm not debating in the slightest that Karlsson is the best defenseman in the NHL, but over the course of this regular season, Burns deserves the Norris slightly more than Karlsson; he dragged a depleted, old, injured Sharks team kicking and screaming into the playoffs. There is a reason that he was nominated by his peers for the Ted Lindsay Award.

On topic. It is amazing seeing what Karlsson is doing. He is making a serious argument for best player in the NHL, the only thing separating he and McDavid from being consensus best in the world is their lack of an elite, deep playoff run, and it looks like Karlsson is doing that. He is already top 30 in playoff points in one post season by a defenseman since 2005-2006.

Yeah but Karlsson was even better last year in points and didn't get it, he dragged the whole Sens team in 82 games, still Drew Daughty get the award. I think its because Karlsson have been so good so long time the others might just get one chance to win the award and they want spread on the awards. I mean what else could it be, Karlsson not canadian? (its canadian media´s award) Perhaps... but i think not. I like Burns but he is not having a better season than EK.

karlstegger

May 15, 2016
Denmark
Yeah but Karlsson was even better last year in points and didn't get it, he dragged the whole Sens team in 82 games, still Drew Daughty get the award. I think its because Karlsson have been so good so long time the others might just get one chance to win the award and they want spread on the awards. I mean what else could it be, Karlsson not canadian? (its canadian media´s award) Perhaps... but i think not. I like Burns but he is not having a better season than EK.

Or perhaps the fact that though EK is a great player sometimes other players have better seasons?

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
He's making a very strong case for the best player in the world.

Dude your avatar centillion to the power of centillion multiple centillion to the power of centillion stars...

And yes the way he's playing right now we can make a very strong case for that. Karlsson has been elite offensively and defensively in the playoffs.

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
We´ll see but Conn Smythe Trophy for Erik aint far beyond. Its too early but...

Who else? Lundquist, Rinne, Getzlaf? Sounds bleak in comparison.

Anidalife

Nov 16, 2007

I mean there's no chance he wins without getting to the finals, so there's really no point talking about it now.

karlstegger

May 15, 2016
Denmark

Yes way too early but would say that Ek or Rinne are in the driver's seat as of now. No chance for Lundqvist imo.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Well not everyone share that opinion it seems.

And a lot of people's opinions seem to be driven by narratives that don't reflect the one ice performance.

This has basically been the story if the last two Borris trophies, with the "he's due" and this year's "37 goal pace".

karlstegger

May 15, 2016
Denmark
And a lot of people's opinions seem to be driven by narratives that don't reflect the one ice performance.

This has basically been the story if the last two Borris trophies, with the "he's due" and this year's "37 goal pace".

You're perfectly entitled to have your opinions but you don't have to stuff them down other peoples throats you know. Not trying to be a d*** but sometimes people gotta accept that everyone else don't agree. Guess I'm just trying to say that perhaps not all view one ice performance the same way you do.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
You're perfectly entitled to have your opinions but you don't have to stuff them down other peoples throats you know. Not trying to be a d*** but sometimes people gotta accept that everyone else don't agree. Guess I'm just trying to say that perhaps not all view one ice performance the same way you do.

God forbid I discuss hockey on a hockey discussion board.

Lexus

OWN THE MOMENT.
Jan 29, 2009
Imagine if Karlsson was on the Capitals/Penguins roster...

He would hold almost all the D-men records on his on.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
There's a difference between discussing things and stating things. But no worries mate, Sens got a helluva player in EK and every team would love to have him.

Well I've been stating things about Karlsson ever since people were comparing him to Luke Schenn and he's proven me right every single time.

And yea we're all lucky, he's a player many of us will tell our kids about. It's a joy to watch genius.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
From Chara to Karlsson.

It's amazing how the Sens have had too franchise-caliber blueliners that are complete polar opposites.

Vodalian

Apr 8, 2009
He is too good for Norris, They could give him the Viking Trophy Award for being the best all year also the play off and playing hurt with more ice tome AND points than everybody else. He is kinda too allround and great for Norris Trophy, it maybe doesn't is enough to be the best D man and most ice time leading blocked shot category the list goes on. Give him the Viking Trophy.

Too late, Karlsson is the reigning Viking award holder. :laugh:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viking_Award

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
Especially funny because at Girardi's peak he was a mid pairing defenseman, how he ever got a Norris vote is beyond me.

I just checked and he somehow finished 6th in voting that year, he received 2 1st place votes over the likes of Karlsson, Weber and Chara :laugh:

I do remember some hype around him that year because he was playing a ton of minutes and ended up in the all star game because of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad