Kim Pegula believes in authenticity hires.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
I’ve never even heard of Black River Entertainment. So why a Christian music sub label? Wouldn’t just signing them to Black River just be smarter?

This sounds almost as stupid as the Christian music label Tooth & Nail coming out with a not-Christian music imprint.

An "imprint" of a record label is just another brand of the main company.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
I’ve never even heard of Black River Entertainment. So why a Christian music sub label? Wouldn’t just signing them to Black River just be smarter?

This sounds almost as stupid as the Christian music label Tooth & Nail coming out with a not-Christian music imprint.

Not being in the music industry and certainly not in the recording industry, here's what I think -

It's kind of like having a favorite bar that hosts live music. For me, it would be a blues or jazz bar. You know that when you show up on a Friday night, the band is going to kick arse in your favorite genre. Then one day, you go on a Friday night and the band is a New Christie Minstrels (look 'em up on YouTube) cover band. Not good.

That's how it is with labels.

Member 308457

There's not much we can do about the fact that the Pegulas run their major league sports teams like a five and dime store. The results with the Sabres speak for themselves. With the future they're setting us up for, with a revolving door of these total non-entities...I don't see hope.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad