Kim Pegula believes in authenticity hires.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I feel like I’ve never had a better chance at my dream job (Sabres Director of Amateur Scouting) than right now. I should get on this, while it’s still silly season.

Well I was on board with this. But seeing they have a new director of amateur scouting now, I’m on board with you being assistant director of it.

Reactions: Reddawg

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Well I was on board with this. But seeing they have a new director of amateur scouting now, I’m on board with you being assistant director of it.
I appreciate the support. I guess nine hours just wasn’t enough time to get my resume together before they filled the position.

I would totally take the assistant director position. As long as it’s not an assistant TO the director position...nobody wants to go full Dwight Schrute.

Reactions: joshjull

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I appreciate the support. I guess nine hours just wasn’t enough time to get my resume together before they filled the position.

I would totally take the assistant director position. As long as it’s not an assistant TO the director position...nobody wants to go full Dwight Schrute.

What if they pay you in pocket lint from Armani suits instead of JC Penney suits?

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

Today’s essay topic: The Buffalo Sabres and Dunder-Mifflin...
Compare and contrast.
Go!

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Today’s essay topic: The Buffalo Sabres and Dunder-Mifflin...
Compare and contrast.
Go!

Michael-Darcy. You hated him at times but boy will you miss him when he's gone

Jo-Pegulas. Buys the company. Not really sure what direction to take it. Eventually hires friends to run it while staying in Florida

Dwight-Tim Murray. Fairly intelligent, limited social skills, a little too much conviction behind bad ideas

Creed-Kevin Devine

Jim-Danny Briere. Most people liked him before he left for Philly.

Robert California-Ralph Krueger. Has a strong sense for leadership. Gets a fair amount out of employees. May be a cult leader.

Oscar-Jason Nightingale. Smart, under-utilized (fingers crossed)

Stanley-Fans. Not sure who wants to be here less.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
104926749_709764113206160_5748331234071608120_n.jpg

Reactions: Fearnot

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Word on the street is Kim wants to hire Donald Rumsfeld as a special advisor. She was blown away by the authenticity of his quote:
"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones."

Reactions: brian_griffin

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Word on the street is Kim wants to hire Donald Rumsfeld as a special advisor. She was blown away by the authenticity of his quote:
"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones."
In parallel to events I remember from Monday March 30, 1981 - home from school that day, can't remember if I was sick, it was a snow day (kinda late in "winter" for that, even for Buffalo) or it was the first day of Easter break - listening to 97 Rock while reading on the floor of my bedroom carpet by the heat register...

Kim Pegula is pushed overboard her yacht by Duane and is missing in rough waters off the coast of Florida. Terry is airborne en route from Buffalo to Palm Beach, and his flip phone is off, per usual. Mike Harrington, John Vogl, and Paul Hamilton storm One Seymour Knox Plaza asking "who is running the Sabres in the absence of President Pegula", to which GM Jason Botterill responded, "I cannot answer that question at this time." Shortly thereafter, an earnest and ashen Kevyn Adams takes the podium announcing "I'm in control here!", before announcing the Amerks will play the Russians in a best-of-three series for control of Poland.

Last edited:

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
“No one has ever taken me up on this, but I think there should be a trial period, nobody ever wants to do that, right?” she said. "So, you only have like one interview, two interviews and it’s hard to get the whole person and try to project out what their career’s going to be with your team in those few meetings.”

..what the f*** am I reading? Like, 1) the economics of coaching says no, that’s a terrible, insulting idea. 2) Did you actually need to explain out loud why hiring is difficult? So glad she’s going through these realizations and terrible ideas on the highest level.

And it doesn’t get better. Jesus, I honestly read it hoping it wouldn’t be too bad, and obviously I’m already gonna be biased but.. she sounds like the idiot camp counselor the kids love, but the smartest oldest kid already sees through it and is very confused- “it’s all about authenticity of, like, your ideas. Once you authentify yourself we can know who you are, so that’s a really important thing, right? Like if you have a fake identity we can’t know. Like if you have a fake ID, right, there’s no way of knowing who that person is. So if you have a fake ID- you can’t be coach. Period. At least not without a trial period. Am I making sense?”
God I feel like this is how editor meetings at Goop go or somethin.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Michael-Darcy. You hated him at times but boy will you miss him when he's gone

Jo-Pegulas. Buys the company. Not really sure what direction to take it. Eventually hires friends to run it while staying in Florida

Dwight-Tim Murray. Fairly intelligent, limited social skills, a little too much conviction behind bad ideas

Creed-Kevin Devine

Jim-Danny Briere. Most people liked him before he left for Philly.

Robert California-Ralph Krueger. Has a strong sense for leadership. Gets a fair amount out of employees. May be a cult leader.

Oscar-Jason Nightingale. Smart, under-utilized (fingers crossed)

Stanley-Fans. Not sure who wants to be here less.
That is wonderful A+

I would like to add that Botts is Ryan. Overly confident in himself and is over his head, luck's into an executive job ans fails miserably.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013

“No one has ever taken me up on this, but I think there should be a trial period, right?” the co-owner and president of the Buffalo Bills and Sabres said during a Zoom call Tuesday that was part of the two-day NFL Quarterback Coach Summit, geared toward helping minority candidates move up the professional ladder.

I wish there was one for owners. Nine years? They bought a team that went to the playoffs.
No one has ever taken her up on it because it's easier to ignore stupidity without putting her down with her idea.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I need to stab my brain so I get that thought out of my head. And I was having a good Canada Day too

Um, sorry, was I too authentic for you? Because I feel like authenticity is important. That’s how you know someone.

..was that my voice? Kim? Cardi? I don’t even know anymore, nothing makes sense and an airhead runs the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad