Killing Time Thread: Movies, Music, etc. Anything SFW That Kills Time Part 3

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Haven't tried beer with chicken, just with beef. Curious how that works.

For chicken my favorite is marinated in pop with some oil, soya sauce and whatever else you fancy. When there was that Ginger Pepsi a few years back it made the best chicken marinade I've ever had.

I would describe how to make chicken can beer but I forgot. hehe. blames alcohol...

Actually in honesty would not recommend. Some claims that its not good for you, would not do again...

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I swear alcohol is the cause of so much memory loss. Just putting the JD on the fish huh? heh

I have this problem with chicken can beer. One for the chicken, 5 for me,,,

Lol, maybe that's what my problem is.

Have you ever tried using Mountain Dew in place of beer? Adds a nice citrus to it.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Haven't tried beer with chicken, just with beef. Curious how that works.

For chicken my favorite is marinated in pop with some oil, soya sauce and whatever else you fancy. When there was that Ginger Pepsi a few years back it made the best chicken marinade I've ever had.

Get one of these bad boys from Canadian Tire for about $10 or so.

Beer_Can_Chicken_2048x.jpg

Then season an entire chicken, plop a can of whatever in the middle, but first I always pour out about a 1/3 of the can first into a glass then puncture a few holes just below the top of the can before putting it in its "cage" in the centre. Plop the entire chicken over top, cook over indirect heat on the barbecue until you hit 165F or so in the breast or thigh. Or roast that bad boy in the oven. The dish doesn't catch all the fat so good idea to put it in another foil pan to avoid a kitchen fire if you oven roast.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Then season an entire chicken, plop a can of whatever in the middle, but first I always pour out about a 1/3 of the can first into a glass then puncture a few holes just below the top of the can before putting it in its "cage" in the centre. Plop the entire chicken over top, cook over indirect heat on the barbecue until you hit 165F or so in the breast or thigh. Or roast that bad boy in the oven. The dish doesn't catch all the fat so good idea to put it in another foil pan to avoid a kitchen fire if you oven roast.

We've made these a bunch of times using the barbecue, and turned out pretty good, but I'm pretty particular with my chicken and prefer the boneless, skinless chicken breasts. And don't try to drink the remaining beer that is left right after the chicken is done. ;)

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
My brother is similar to you, HATES anything seafood, salmon is the only one he might stomach if there's no other option. If you give it a whirl stay away from the canned shit lol, go for a good fresh cut cut filet. Look up a couple different ways to season it n how to bake it in an oven, there's a chance you your wife could surprise yourselves as to how awesome it really is.
Ya I’ll give it a go my friend! I’ll definitely keep you updated. I mean..... I like deep fried fish at fancy restaurants hahaha, I just can’t say I like fish out of a can..... but can’t really say I have ever given it a fair chance. Your brother sounds like a good man lol!

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

My recipe usually calls for 6 cans of beer. Five and a half for myself and the rest for the cage.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006

Oh man, I would use 6 beers. 5 for me 1, one of the chicken, am I right?

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Just binged through Loudermilk on Amazon Prime Video - if you're a music fan, and like a black comedy, this is for you. Three seasons, 10 episodes a piece IIRC. Reminds me a lot of High Fidelity, the movie with the two protagonists kind of mirroring one another.

Reactions: Dorian2

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Siegfried and Roy magician Siegfried Fischbacher dies at 81

Siegfried and Roy magician Siegfried Fischbacher dies at 81 | Canoe.Com

The end of an era. I know there are likely some of you that saw these two guys, and I hear they were pretty damned good back in the day. I never saw them myself, but am still amazed that the tiger didn't get pissed off from not having his Snickers bar and consume both of them at some point.

Maybe they used a tiger like this...

Reactions: Stoneman89

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Siegfried and Roy magician Siegfried Fischbacher dies at 81

Siegfried and Roy magician Siegfried Fischbacher dies at 81 | Canoe.Com

The end of an era. I know there are likely some of you that saw these two guys, and I hear they were pretty damned good back in the day. I never saw them myself, but am still amazed that the tiger didn't get pissed off from not having his Snickers bar and consume both of them at some point.

Saw them when they first headlined in Vegas, at the old Frontier Hotel. Would have been just about 40 years ago. Back in the day when you played the tipping game with the maître d' to get better seats. We were pretty much front row, and were convinced we would be able to see thru their schtick. Couple of hours later and we were shaking our heads in amazement. Great show.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Currently going through my 3rd run of Nathan For You, on Comedy Central.

It may be one of the funniest shows ever. Big recommendations here.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Finished Sons of Anarchy and money heist. Watching the office for laughs and as a filler.
Any show recommendations
Queen of the South and Ozark. Keeping on the theme of drugs and gangs.;)
BTW, "watching The Office as filler" - exactly what I do as well!

sandhu111

Mar 17, 2008
Edmonton, AB
Queen of the South and Ozark. Keeping on the theme of drugs and gangs.;)
BTW, "watching The Office as filler" - exactly what I do as well!
Thanks for the suggestions! Watched Ozark great sho .
Nothing beats office finally convinced the wife to watch it now she loves it to

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3