GDT: KILL OR DIE, Ep. I SNOWSTORM

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Terrible to watch. Being down 2 goals and writing the game off as a loss in the third period only for the Canes to score 2 goals and blowing the momentum and losing. With our excess of defensivemen including the injured ones, out of the bunch, I want Gardiner to be traded. F*** that guy and his turn overs almost every game it seems like. His dumbass led to the first goal. Idk why the hell all of our guys were on one side of the ice when the Avs scored the third goal.

I really don't think we make the playoffs 2 years in a row.

On one small bright note, I think Skjei has had two good first games with us.

Reactions: Highway29 and jiitu

Sigurd

Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Gardner and Edmundson suck so bad. If Rod benches Fleury when Vatanen is ready he should be shot into the sun.
Agreed 100%. This team should be better without Gardner and Edmunson, and the sooner our guys get back to replace one or both of them, the better.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
One last thing. Talking about this game as if it's a dagger in the playoff race is inane.

Percentage-wise, we're in right now, ahead of Columbus and NYR. There are 19 games left, that's more than 23 percent of the season. There is a *lot* of hockey left. Yeah, we're not where we want to be, and yeah, we have a tough schedule, but there's plenty of time left and other teams (CLB, NYI, PIT) are struggling just as much as we are -- if not more.

I don’t think there being a lot of hockey left is a positive. They aren’t good right now. There is absolutely zero secondary scoring and they have AHL goalies. It’s not possible to win that way in this league. You either need scoring depth or a goalie who can steal games (which Mrazek and McBackup did last year).

Reactions: geehaad

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Breaking: Making the playoffs is hard as f***.

For us at least, even though half the damn league makes it.

I'm not even sure how the Golden Knights can come into existence and make the playoffs their first 3 years and our team has to pull off 31 wins after December to just barely get in with 99 points for the first time in 10 years.

Sigurd

Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
I'm not even sure how the Golden Knights can come into existence and make the playoffs their first 3 years and our team has to pull off 31 wins after December to just barely get in with 99 points for the first time in 10 years.
giphy.gif

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
The effort appears to be increasing so that's a positive. It just feels like the line ups on the ice have been so hodge podge since November in hopes of finding something that sticks. And when the team kinda gels, injuries and trades happen, and it starts all over again. But, we don't seem to have a glue guy to help us keep it together when stuff happens..just a lot of nice parts. Whatever hold Williams had over them last season appears to have vanished. In a way, he looks a little out of place at times.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
This isn't a take on just tonight but all season...for a team that is supposed to be an elite defensive team, the Canes f*** up way more than you would expect. And it's not like it's kids making the mistakes because Rod refuses to play any on D. They should be better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad