GDT: KILL OR DIE, Ep. I SNOWSTORM

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Williams has been invisible. I am beginning to think him joining the team threw off our mojo.
That certainly wasn't true when he was winning games in the shootout.

It's maybe the hardest division in the history of the league, and there are key injuries at the worst time. If they make the playoffs, and it's an increasingly big if, they will certainly have earned it in the end. In the meantime, they will get another year better.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
This isn't a take on just tonight but all season...for a team that is supposed to be an elite defensive team, the Canes f*** up way more than you would expect. And it's not like it's kids making the mistakes because Rod refuses to play any on D. They should be better.

A lot of times it’s the forwards. And you don’t notice the defensive f*** ups as much when goalies bail you out, and they haven’t this year. Mrazek being an absolute unit down the stretch last year is kind of overlooked at this point.

Reactions: cptjeff

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Dear Canes Bros,

Thanks for hosting the wife and I this evening. The crowd was awesome, and you guys were super welcoming to a pair of away fans. I didn’t feel any hostility at all, so that was nice. I only have SJ to compare it to so far, but you guys were the anti-SJ, and we both appreciated that.

Hard fought game tonight, too. I was clenching hard whenever Teuvo, Aho, or Svech had the puck in the 3rd period. I’d love to see these teams go at it when we’re both fully healthy. The fact you guys can scratch Gardiner and Edmundson when you’re healthy blows my mind.

I’ll be cheering for you guys to make the playoffs this year, for sure. I have a great dislike for the Rangers and I like your guys’s team quite a bit. I always sport my “Bunch Of Jerks” t-shirt when I watch you guys play anyone but the Avs.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
It is so obvious that missing Dougie, and now Pesce, will be the teams downfall this year. You can't recover from missing two elite level players.
Brady Skjei has been good so far. The second goal was on Fleury blowing the zone early and the forward(Svech) not clearing the zone.
Gardiner is a dumpster fire. Please, figure our a way to blast him into the sun.
Ed is a bottom pair D at best. Slavin made him look serviceable last night.
For now, I'm not loving Trocheck's game. More times than not, you don't even know he's on the ice.
Canes got a break with CBJ and NYR losing last night. They have got to start netting more of their chances. Two goals on almost 50 shots isn't good enough.

jiitu

Jun 17, 2013
Like somebody said, its better to keep break if it causes more frustration than pleasure. I had that feeling after wathing the game that not watching tomorrow.

Well, on the positive side, the Rangers and BJs lost, so nothing changed standings wise. Just another missed opportunity to take advantage of other bubble teams missteps.

But yes, after cooling down a moment, this is fact, nothing has yet been lost and just have to understand that there are too many injuries and should not put too much expectations.

However, there are things that need to change. In short term and in long term. Our deal with Florida we cannot change, so Troch have to really show up. He has to make me like the deal, which won't be easy now.

There is a reason why Leafs fans were all the time complaining Gardi's brain farts. It's not just this season. It's just not these few past games. It is there, always. He need to go. Joel's role need to be checked at least. It's good to have bit some size as well, but he should be on his own side and not playing 20 min.

Not scoring from other lines starts to be really frustrating. Foegele has his game every now and then. Nino as well. But it's not enough that they have it every fifth game. All bottom liners need to have their game every fifth so that always someone are scoring.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
We don't have a goalie that can steal games so we need to do everything right and we don't do that.

I think this sums it up. For all the legit complaints about Gardiner and Edmundson and even Svech on the last goal, my primary issue right now is with Rod:

Down Hamilton and Pesce and Mrazek and Reimer this team needs to change its style of play. He can’t have the D activating and releasing as quickly out of the zone as they have all season. They need to have a team transition to offense right now to minimize the open shots when there are turnovers.

Rod can’t expect Ned or Forsberg to make point blank open saves on breakaways or deep in the slot. If they could they would be NHL goalies already. So until Mrazek gets back he needs to coach the whole team to be more conservative in their own zone.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Milk Bar? Is that a real place?
artworks-000116327316-167z4k-t500x500.jpg

I hope she plays the song to slow down time before she goes

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Dear Canes Bros,

Thanks for hosting the wife and I this evening. The crowd was awesome, and you guys were super welcoming to a pair of away fans. I didn’t feel any hostility at all, so that was nice. I only have SJ to compare it to so far, but you guys were the anti-SJ, and we both appreciated that.

Hard fought game tonight, too. I was clenching hard whenever Teuvo, Aho, or Svech had the puck in the 3rd period. I’d love to see these teams go at it when we’re both fully healthy. The fact you guys can scratch Gardiner and Edmundson when you’re healthy blows my mind.

I’ll be cheering for you guys to make the playoffs this year, for sure. I have a great dislike for the Rangers and I like your guys’s team quite a bit. I always sport my “Bunch Of Jerks” t-shirt when I watch you guys play anyone but the Avs.

Yeah. We aren't WSH, BOS, NYR,PIT,BUF,MTL,TOR or any other team with toxic ass fans.

Because Carolina.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Milk Bar is a real bar, says google. So is she upset that a cop asked her out or is Milk Bar a place of stereotypes that she doesn’t like?

Reactions: Tryamw

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Milk Bar is a real bar, says google. So is she upset that a cop asked her out or is Milk Bar a place of stereotypes that she doesn’t like?

I think it’s the realization that heading to the bar is an expectation from an acquaintance.

It’s like having to reassess your choices when a fast food drive through recognizes your voice and remembers your order. Or so I’m told.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Aside from falling on his wallet and having a couple of awkward moments involving playing the puck I thought we got some pretty good goaltending? I thought it was a step up from what Ned was the other night. Two of those shots were absolute snipes I don’t know if anyone stops. That Jost rip was dirty. The winner was perfectly placed. We don’t have a goalie this year that stops either one. Probably not last years Mrazek either to be honest.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Aside from falling on his wallet and having a couple of awkward moments involving playing the puck I thought we got some pretty good goaltending? I thought it was a step up from what Ned was the other night. Two of those shots were absolute snipes I don’t know if anyone stops. That Jost rip was dirty. The winner was perfectly placed. We don’t have a goalie this year that stops either one. Probably not last years Mrazek either to be honest.

Forsberg was definitely a step up from Ned in game 1. I'd like to see Forsberg again tonight in theory but splitting the B2B makes sense.

That said, I don't expect we will see that performance regularly from Forsberg.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I think it’s the realization that heading to the bar is an expectation from an acquaintance.

It’s like having to reassess your choices when a fast food drive through recognizes your voice and remembers your order. Or so I’m told.
You mean like when I walk into Chick Fil A and multiple employees greet me by name? It’s like Norm on Cheers....

When I reassess, I come to the conclusion “at least it’s not McDonalds.....”

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Forsberg was definitely a step up from Ned in game 1. I'd like to see Forsberg again tonight in theory but splitting the B2B makes sense.

That said, I don't expect we will see that performance regularly from Forsberg.
He’s had some minor runs in his nhl past. I’m surprised we haven’t heard more from him this year to be honest.

Coming into the showdown between the two I did think he’s the better goalie here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad