New York Islanders: Kieffer Bellows Returned to Bridgeport

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
I just don't see the improvement from MDC that you're talking about.
MDC has had a huge improvement in his game this year. He has become a very good defensive forward. The problem is that the Isles need scoring. While MDC's draft hope was for scoring, it's simply not going to happen. That said, I think there is a role for him on this team.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
No I just dont think your "witty" retorts (every time the team does anything) directed at those of us who correctly believe the GM has done nothing in 2 years are really all that funny.

My favorite part is that you drop in that your opinion is correct. And why do you think we all laugh and mock your opinion?

If there's one thing I've learned about conversing with people, it's that that amount of stubbornness is not worth trying to talk about anything serious and the most stubborn are usually the most wrong.

Reactions: MJF

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
MDC has had a huge improvement in his game this year. He has become a very good defensive forward. The problem is that the Isles need scoring. While MDC's draft hope was for scoring, it's simply not going to happen. That said, I think there is a role for him on this team.
A huge improvement from what is the question? Double runners? Working in a Trotz system makes pretty much every forward a good defensive forward. They better be or they don't play, and that is doubly true if they can't score. The bottom line is that forwards who can bring what MDC brings are not hard to find.

Reactions: Hogan Shannon

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'm excited for a little bit of a different look, though I don't expect Bellows to be a big contributor right away. I do expect him to be energized and ready to go, helping to set a tone early on and hopefully rally the team behind him getting a chance. Bardreau wasn't oozing with talent, but he worked hard and made a positive impact. I want to see the same thing from Bellows.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I'm excited for a little bit of a different look, though I don't expect Bellows to be a big contributor right away. I do expect him to be energized and ready to go, helping to set a tone early on and hopefully rally the team behind him getting a chance. Bardreau wasn't oozing with talent, but he worked hard and made a positive impact. I want to see the same thing from Bellows.

this.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Hopefully he spends less time on his knees than his dad. :sarcasm:

haha. I know Trottier was on the Pens for that but when Brian comes to the coliseum to watch his son play for the islanders and he looks up in the rafters and sees Trottiers #19 hanging he has to think of that. Right? LoL

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Why Bellows over Wahlstrom? Just based on how well Bellows has been doing and Wahlstrom not being spectacular last time up? I'm guessing that makes the most sense, see if Bellows can do better. Just wasn't sure if I was missing something.

Excited to see what he brings though for sure. Hoping he can be a spark.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Why Bellows over Wahlstrom? Just based on how well Bellows has been doing and Wahlstrom not being spectacular last time up? I'm guessing that makes the most sense, see if Bellows can do better. Just wasn't sure if I was missing something.

Excited to see what he brings though for sure. Hoping he can be a spark.
One more game up and Wahly burns a year off his ELC. Not worth it based on performance to date.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I've seen a little bit more aggression and some more o-zone possession and chances from him in some of the recent games.
If that’s improvement, the. It’s ever so slight and a low bar.

It looks like Tom Kuhnhackl just lost his job over one bad game. Shouldn’t be too hard to attrition out a guy like Dal Colle who just doesn’t bring enough to the table.

Last edited:

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I am hoping Bellows plays well and the Isles can keep working the scabs out of the starting lineup. As someone who has loathed Brassard since he netted the Rags Mika Z, with any luck his time is growing shorter as well.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I wouldn't mind seeing Kieffer in the top 6 to start and have Tito on the 3rd line. Would bring a little more balance to our lines. If we only had a real #3C, that alignment would work out great and we could actually roll 4 lines. But IF my aunt had balls....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad