KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Wings can just trade the contract to Coyotes or Leafs or some other team in need of it.

That second part though.. Back in the day I regarded you as knowledgeable and respectable poster but holy Jesus..

Again, here we go. You clearly don't watch ANY DRW. 1st - Datsyuk is literally their leading point scorer and you suggest his loss would not have effect -LOL.... 2nd, all those guys you named are having terrible seasons, please argue otherwise? The puck possession style is gone - argue otherwise? Larkin- good at what he is, but not a DRW styled player. They are bottom 8 in Goals for in the league and may be the first in 25 years they don't make the PO, or are at least scraping by to get in - so I'm clearly not off the mark...

Last edited by a moderator:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
1st - Datsyuk is literally their leading point scorer and you suggest his loss would not have effect -LOL....

I never said loss would have no effect, I said it would make sense to let him go. There is a difference you know.

I'm not even going to argue about anything else, you called the most talented American center since Mike Modano "typical dump and chase Canadian". That says it all.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
it makes sense, detroit won't be winning any more cups, he probably doesn't want to play for another team in the NHL, nor does he want to give up his body to rigorous NHL schedule either.
In Russia he can play for CSKA or Avto (I am sure SKA will go after him as well, especially if the rumor of Shipachyov and Dadonov leaving to NHL is true, so far seems to be) and be a super-star for 2-3 more years (or longer if he so chooses)

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
it makes sense, detroit won't be winning any more cups, he probably doesn't want to play for another team in the NHL, nor does he want to give up his body to rigorous NHL schedule either.
In Russia he can play for CSKA or Avto (I am sure SKA will go after him as well, especially if the rumor of Shipachyov and Dadonov leaving to NHL is true, so far seems to be) and be a super-star for 2-3 more years (or longer if he so chooses)

Do you think it's really possible for him to be picked by Avto? Needless to say that he is still a superstar and signing him would be HUGE for any Russian team and in this case, both for being the richest and situated in arguably the best cities of the country, SKA and CSKA comes before all else... I REALLY wish to see him play for Avto or some other Eastern teams though.

Where are his ex-wife and daughter living? As a conscient father (that's what I get from the article, he seems to be really emotional about this family issue) who's been away from his family for a long time, maybe he'll just want to keep everything same for his daughter and play for the team in this city. Of course, I suppose his daughter is not in Sakhalin or somewhere like that.

Last edited:

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Do you think it's really possible for him to be picked by Avto? Needless to say that he is still a superstar and signing him would be HUGE for any Russian team and in this case, both for being the richest and situated in arguably the best cities of the country, SKA and CSKA comes before all else... I REALLY wish to see him play for Avto or some other Eastern teams though.

Where are his ex-wife and daughter living? As a conscient father (that's what I get from the article, he seems to be really emotional about this family issue) who's been away from his family for a long time, maybe he'll just want to keep everything same for his daughter and play for the team in this city. Of course, I suppose his daughter is not in Sakhalin or somewhere like that.

What article? There are 100s of articles out there about it. I'd love to have a look, thank you.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
What article? There are 100s of articles out there about it. I'd love to have a look, thank you.

It's the one Urbanskog shared a few posts ago, here: http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...16/04/10/albom-wings-datsyuk-column/82835594/

The "emotional" parts that got my attention,

But his heart is somewhere else. It’s in Russia — with his teenage daughter and his roots, both of which he wants replanted into his life.

“I’m thinking I go home after this season,†he said, in a long discussion at the Northville home of his agent and friend, Dan Milstein. “I may not be done with hockey, but — it is hard to say — I think I am done playing in NHL.â€

The tug now, he said, is too strong. He wants his family united. And he wants to end his professional career in the country that taught him the game.

Datsyuk and I first spoke about his possible departure nearly a year ago. At that time he was already strong in his desire to rejoin his daughter Elizabeth, who is being raised in Russia by Datsyuk’s first wife, Svetlana. While the former couple enjoy a friendly relationship, Datsyuk said, he felt too absent from the day-to-day affairs of his child, and worried, as she entered adolescence (she is now 13) that he wouldn’t be there for guidance.

There are other parts where you can see he really misses the country, but these ones were the most impressive to me. I mean, when you read these, you see something beyond a few simple hockey & transfer speculations. This, when brough together with the rest of the article, gives you a portrait of an emotional man who really missed his family: not Stamkos.

I did know nothing about personal side of Datsyuk so far and I have to say that I am impressed and my sympathy for him grew even more. If he rejects SKA & CSKA to join Avto or any other Eastern team... Wow. But I do not think this will be the case.

punchonico99

Jan 2, 2014
Quebec
Looks like Fredrik Pettersson is coming back to KHL, rumours say with Dynamo Moscow.

Link: https://www.rts.ch/sport/hockey/lna...rik-pettersson-quitte-lugano-pour-la-khl.html

According to many Swiss sources, Goran Bezina will play with Medvescak next season.

Link: http://www.tdg.ch/sports/gshc/goran-bezina-doute-quitter-geneveservette/story/28063496

Joacim Eriksson --> Vaxjo Lakers

Ondrej Roman --> HC Vitkovice

Ondrej Nemec --> Kometa Brno

Swedish d-man Marcus Högström has signed a contract with Spartak.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
He should go, but I just dont see this turning all that well

I think its the only logical place for him to go, he performed miracles for Roy before. Roy might be one of the only coaches who can successfully get Radulov to listen to him (probably because he is the only one who is as cocky as Radulov).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad