KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerplaymaker

Mar 5, 2018
Helsinki
On Magnus Hellbergs "trade" from Kunlun to SKA:

"According to KHL-insiders Roman Rotenbergs use of power is causing 'bad blood' in the KHL, yet again."

It seems that Kunlun had no chance to keep Hellberg even if they would have wanted.

"Disgusting example of how authoritarian the league is" -KHL-insider

Finnish newspaper Iltalehti asked Kunluns GM, Raitis Pilsetnieks, about the trasfer:

"We had to take lot's of different things into consideration regarding the deal. Ska was in bit of a trouble after Koskinen went to the NHL and they asked us to 'help' them. It's better to help others than create tensions, isn't it?"

They also asked Pilsetnieks if Kunlun had anything to say about the deal:

"Of course we had, but it was all about making a choice and prioritizing things"

Do you think Habs would give Price to for example Leafs just to avoid creating 'tensions'? Just to lend a helping hand to a 'friend'? Maybe Jokerit should as for a helping hand also since Tolvanen went to NHL... It seems Kunlun is here to help others rather than compete against them... Just disgusting...

Rotenbergs KHL is one big joke. The time of sportsmanship is long gone.

Reactions: Exarz

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Well, not that I like Rotenberg or SKA's policy (or better, what they are allowed to do), but I think you're reading too much into things here. A goalie like Hellberg, with all the due respect, is not like an irreplaceable commodity. They could keep Hellberg, or sign a same-level goalie and earn money from SKA buying Hellberg. I don't really think anyone of us would have chosen not to sell him to SKA at least from a business point of view.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Well, not that I like Rotenberg or SKA's policy (or better, what they are allowed to do), but I think you're reading too much into things here. A goalie like Hellberg, with all the due respect, is not like an irreplaceable commodity. They could keep Hellberg, or sign a same-level goalie and earn money from SKA buying Hellberg. I don't really think anyone of us would have chosen not to sell him to SKA at least from a business point of view.

The point was that the player was moved because Rotenberg wanted him and there's no word if Kunlun were even compensated properly since the money transactions aren't public.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Lokomotiv announced a 1-year deal with David Desharnais
Viktor Antipin sign 3-year deal with Metallurg Magnitogorsk
Anton Slepyshev sign 2-year deal with CSKA
Iiro Pakarinen sign 1-year deal with Metallurg Magnitogorsk
Miro Aaltonen & Marek Hrivík sign with Vityaz
Yohann Auvitu sign 2-year deal with Sochi
Andrey Pedan reportedly sign with Ak Bars Kazan
Nikolai Kulyomin agreed on terms of 3-year deal with Metallurg Magnitogorsk

Last edited:
Reactions: TommySalo

Scotty Pucks

Bring back “Doop” as Flyers Goal Song
Apr 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
“Per @Boogaard_2 Nail Yakupov is set to sign with SKA of the #KHL #Avs”

Nail. Yak of all Trades. It just didn’t work out for him in the NHL, as much as I frustratingly thought it eventually would with every new team he’d join. Hope he still has a good career.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
“Per @Boogaard_2 Nail Yakupov is set to sign with SKA of the #KHL #Avs”

Nail. Yak of all Trades. It just didn’t work out for him in the NHL, as much as I frustratingly thought it eventually would with every new team he’d join. Hope he still has a good career.
yes, Nail Yakupov sign 2-year deal with SKA

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Is Alexander Frolov still under contract with Amur? Has he signed to a new team? Retired?
Right now, he is a free agent. I have not read anything about retirement. KHL training camps start next week, so we will know more details about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad