KHL Season 2019/20

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
KHL top 5 d-men scoring.

1. Mikko Lehtonen (25) | Jokerit | 16+25=41 (0.82 ppg)
2. Vyacheslav Voynov (30) | Omsk | 10+25=35 (0.73 ppg)
3. Juuso Hietanen (34) | Dynamo | 13+20=33 (0.65 ppg)
4. Yakov Rykov (35) | Spartak | 6+25=31 (0.61 ppg)
5. Philip Larsen (30) | Ufa | 9+20=29 (0.57 ppg)

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
Marchenko / Morozov / Podkolzin are proving to be a dream team this season but I wonder if they will stick around or if they'll try and jump to NHL next season?

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Marchenko / Morozov / Podkolzin are proving to be a dream team this season but I wonder if they will stick around or if they'll try and jump to NHL next season?

They should stay one more year in SKA and become the best line in the KHL. Then leave to the NHL.

I have not seen this good young players in the league in years. That's because usually all the best Russians leave the country before they even turn 18.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
That feeling when SYu playing Admiral with a handful of games left in the season is kind of an important game to both teams...

Reactions: Witte49

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
We can win this year - says Mikko Lehtonen, Jokerit forward. Do you think the Helsinki team can win Gagarin Cup this season?

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
I think Jokerit has its best team ever in the KHL but I'm afraid they will fall short against both CSKA and SKA in a best of seven series. Jokerit has probably the oldest lineup in the whole league and they don't have that many players in reserve who they can cycle in back-to-back games. SKA and CSKA have a lot deeper roster than Jokerit. And they are much younger too. Jokerit's main guns like Lehtonen, Jensen and Regin are very very good but after that there is not that much depth. World Championships hero Marko Anttila looks slow and tired out there.

Jokerit will most likely face either Lokomotiv or Spartak in the first round. Lokomotiv would be a much tougher opponent for Jokerit imo. I would actually bet against Jokerit in this series. Against Spartak Jokerit should win in 5-6 games.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I think Jokerit has its best team ever in the KHL but I'm afraid they will fall short against both CSKA and SKA in a best of seven series. Jokerit has probably the oldest lineup in the whole league and they don't have that many players in reserve who they can cycle in back-to-back games. SKA and CSKA have a lot deeper roster than Jokerit. And they are much younger too. Jokerit's main guns like Lehtonen, Jensen and Regin are very very good but after that there is not that much depth. World Championships hero Marko Anttila looks slow and tired out there.

Jokerit will most likely face either Lokomotiv or Spartak in the first round. Lokomotiv would be a much tougher opponent for Jokerit imo. I would actually bet against Jokerit in this series. Against Spartak Jokerit should win in 5-6 games.

They got rid of back-to-back games in playoffs.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Looks like Admiral has ran out of magic sauce... They still have a couple of easier games remaining but they are not trending up...

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Looks like Admiral has ran out of magic sauce... They still have a couple of easier games remaining but they are not trending up...

not surprising though

but i really enjoy watching bakos. their best offensive player by a country mile

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
I can't tell whether there is a real person behind your posts or just a bot of some sorts. All your posts are robot-like :skeptic:
Must be real person for making the mistake of calling Mikko Lehtonen a forward earlier.

Reactions: rohky

TommySalo

Dec 27, 2009
If Amur somehow manage to finish in playoffs, that will be a huge achievment and one of the most memorable comebacks from a team which spent most of the time of the bottom of his conference.

By the away any favourites for the 2 free spots in the West and the East?

Magnitka and Amur are the teams I will be rooting for in the East, while I prefer to see Torpedo and Sochi in top 8, but it will probably be Vityaz an Torpedo.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah, it would be absolutely amazing if Amur were to make it. And another spectacular fail by Kunlun. Having said that, Amur couldn't beat Riga at home so I don't think they will make it not they deserve it. Neftekhimik is only 1 point away from them too so they will fight tooth and nail.

In the West, Sochi and Torpedo play the real final of their season today. If Sochi can't get a regulation win they are pretty much done.

TommySalo

Dec 27, 2009
Amur:huh::eek:
Still one more chance to fix the problem, but I think they need a regulation win, if they want not to rely on other teams.
Still today's result is a huge embarassment.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So Amur kind of got what they deserve and Kunlun is now dying in the hands of Riga. Amur's situation is fair enough, they did great to even be within a sniffing distance of the playoffs but Kunlun's flop is just spectacular. They couldn't beat Severstal, Traktor or Riga when it really mattered. Amazing.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So Severstal - Sochi is by far the most important game of the day and it isn't televised. Very cool.

Nice of Jokerit to do Torpedo a solid and start Niemi as well.

Last edited:

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Nice of Jokerit to do Torpedo a solid and start Niemi as well.
Really no other choice at the moment, Kalnins is (according to the team) sick. Well he has been sick for a while and not even dressed for the last couple of games so I wonder how his form will be in the playoffs...

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Since Sochi weren't able to win themselves it didn't really matter... The fight for the 8th place in the East was really cool, in the West there was no fight in a real sense...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad