KHL Season 2019/20

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
SKA has 1 regulation win in the last 13 games :popcorn: Also got to love the 2 points system which allows these kinds of teams not only survive but thrive in the standings.

Also there was an article a few weeks ago about the rumors Kudashov has asked to resign and the highest rated comment was "Lyosha, you have to hang in there, your job isn't done, Loko really needs points at the moment, you can't just hang your former team to dry like that". And what do you know, the fellow was absolutely right, SKA did give Loko 4 points.

Regarding Paajarvi signing, I don't think it was a disaster or anything but I really don't see the merit of dropping Rattie to get him. It doesn't seem like an upgrade.

Last edited:

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Neftekhimik is a team of tremendous consistency this year. They have followed up a 6-game losing stream with 7-game win streak. Their next opponents are Ak Bars, CSKA and Dynamo Moscow though so time for another losing streak, me thinks.

Well they beat Ak Bars today 4-2, to make it 8 in a row. So good start to the brutal part of their schedule.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Moscow teams occupy 4 of the top 5 spots in the West, with Spartak tied with SKA on points, but one spot back based on goal differential. Not sure I ever anticipated that happening.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Do you think he'll be able to find a club in KHL in near future? I mean, he is not hockey genius or anything but personally I always liked his style and would love to see it continued in another club where he'd fit better.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I can't wrap my head around how Minsk can be so terrible... On paper they are a playoff team, but every single player is under-performing beyond belief.

You know things are bad when opposing team DJ is mocking you by putting on certain Chaif song :D

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I can't wrap my head around how Minsk can be so terrible... On paper they are a playoff team, but every single player is under-performing beyond belief.
Well, healthy maybe, but with Pulkkinen and Pare injured I wouldn't say they are. Regarding their recent results, I'd blame su24 for jinxing them by calling "one of the top teams in the league". That's when their troubles started, the timeline fits perfectly :sarcasm:

Do you think he'll be able to find a club in KHL in near future? I mean, he is not hockey genius or anything but personally I always liked his style and would love to see it continued in another club where he'd fit better.

He will be back eventually, for sure, but I don't think it will be in the near future. His last 2 seasons on the job were really not good, I don't think anybody will just jump on him.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I think, if SKA had fans as Zenit has, Kudashov would have already hired bodyguards and still feared to get out of his home, but SKA's fans are mostly girls and family people, so SKA management can feal themselves safe and relaxed.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I think, if SKA had fans as Zenit has, Kudashov would have already hired bodyguards and still feared to get out of his home, but SKA's fans are mostly girls and family people, so SKA management can feal themselves safe and relaxed.
Great you acknowledged it, that is the league´s goal.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Way worse version of the goal Miles Wood scored a couple of weeks ago? Hard to be excited.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Prince and Paret already expressed desire to accept Belarusian citizenship.
Also both Pare and Prince expressed desire to become a proud Belarusians.
Prince and Pare were singing Belarusian anthem.

Is Prince still a proud Belarussian after getting fired 2 months into the season, what do you guys think? He is probably going to sign in Extraliga just to get that dream citizenship :sarcasm:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So Prince got waived but didn't get his contract terminated and is playing today. Interesting.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Neftekhimik with their 10th win in a row tonight. They are doing it in style too, making a mockery of the top clubs in the league. Last three wins: CSKA, Ak Bars and tonight 6-3 over Dynamo Moscow. Love to see the little guys do well.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Seems like Neftekhimik stole all of Vityaz' magic sauce. They have 1 won in the last 8 games.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
You can tie Vityaz's freefall directly to the trade with SKA.
I don't think we could exactly tie those together, trading 2nd line center and 1B goalie shouldn't be so impactful. I guess it's the wrath of the universe that has befallen Vityaz for dealing with SKA.

One thing I must say, Byvaltsev does not look like the same player who played for Amur. I don't know what and how long will it take to get him going again but at the moment he's just a ghost out there.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Hey y’all, just was looking at the goalie stats and was wondering how Pasquale has played? His stats seem phenomenal but he’s not even in the leagues best?

has he been playing well or is the khl just a goalie friendly league?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Hey y’all, just was looking at the goalie stats and was wondering how Pasquale has played? His stats seem phenomenal but he’s not even in the leagues best?

has he been playing well or is the khl just a goalie friendly league?
He is not even best on his team. Yes, one could say KHL is a goalie-friendly league. Although it depends on a team you are playing for more than the league itself.

That said, Pasquale has been good. Not amazing but above average.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad