KHL Season 2018/2019

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Of course everyone is making a monster of Kayumov, but I would mostly say that it has been incredibly bad luck on his side. The hit is dirty, but the Jokerit player is watching down when he gets hit. I am not saying that it was a clean hit, of course, but it wasn't such a dirty play as it is depicted. Kayumov never was a dirty player, never had many PIMs whistled against, the hit was dirty, but he's not a monster for such a play.
With the ref, he was unlucky again, he aimed at Loov, the ref got in the way. Again, not the best thing to do in your life, but he's not a monster.
Well he might not be a monster but at least an idiot for celebrating after what happened happened. Because you might say he isn't dirty and whatnot but he did celebrate AFTER doing all this and knowing full well how it turned out. So he is either a juvenile idiot or just a garbage human being in general, time will show.

Don't understand why would you defend this all around garbage. It's like catching a murderer at the scene and saying "he's not a bad kid, he has never murdered anyone BEFORE"afterward. Well, train has left the station, hasn't it?

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Of course everyone is making a monster of Kayumov, but I would mostly say that it has been incredibly bad luck on his side. The hit is dirty, but the Jokerit player is watching down when he gets hit. I am not saying that it was a clean hit, of course, but it wasn't such a dirty play as it is depicted. Kayumov never was a dirty player, never had many PIMs whistled against, the hit was dirty, but he's not a monster for such a play.
With the ref, he was unlucky again, he aimed at Loov, the ref got in the way. Again, not the best thing to do in your life, but he's not a monster.

You remember when Suglobov became Suglupov? Or Perezhogin became Perezhopin?
Yes, Kayumov is not known as a dirty player, just like Suglobov and Perezhogin. But then, they all have done smth incredibly stupid and it sticks with them for their entire careers.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Kayumov can start celebrating Christian and Orthodox Christmas :D He gets 13 games suspension.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
How has artyom manukyan looked this season?
Accordingly. He is young and small. He's doing good for his age and size. We'll have to look at his progress. If he can take the next step in a couple of years he might be more than an average KHLer which is the low ceiling for him.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
How has artyom manukyan looked this season?
He is relentless and his skating is good but at the same time, he is young, extremely undersized forward in men's league. Until he becomes more elusive the game is tough for him.

afrobomber11

May 23, 2010
Flin Flon Manitoba
You remember when Suglobov became Suglupov? Or Perezhogin became Perezhopin?
Yes, Kayumov is not known as a dirty player, just like Suglobov and Perezhogin. But then, they all have done smth incredibly stupid and it sticks with them for their entire careers.
i remember what happened with perezhogin but what did suglobov do??

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
In the middle of 3rd SOG in Barys - Severstal game are 52-12. The score still just 1-0 though, Furch carrying his team.

Milovzorov seems like a genuinely nice guy, kinda sad to see him being traded away from Avto. Not like he was playing bad or anything. I wonder if he gets flipped again if Sibir sees they aren't making it at the deadline. Although they probably wouldn't have traded for him in the first place if that was the case.

Last edited:

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
As almost always, Eastern Conference is so damn entertaining. Barys are only 3pt away from Avangard with 3 fewer games played... Barys leapfrogging Avangard means that they jump from 5th to 2nd while Avangard suffers the opposite due to the rule, according to which, group leaders take top two spot in the conference regardless of how many points they have.

With Kunlun and Neftekhimik losing blood, it is safe to say Sibir and even Amur are in the race now, though they don't have much room left for error. I had my doubts about Avto holding onto first place but they've already built a healthy gap between themselves and Ak Bars, who surprisingly lost in Minsk.

Good stuff.

Last edited:

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
As almost always, Eastern Conference is so damn entertaining. Barys are only 3pt away from Avangard with 3 fewer games played... Barys leapfrogging Avangard means that they jump from 5th to 2nd while Avangard suffers the opposite due to the rule, according to which, group leaders take top two spot in the conference regardless of how many points they have.

With Kunlun and Neftekhimik losing blood, it is safe to say Sibir and even Amur are in the race now, though they don't have much room left for error. I had my doubts about Avto holding onto first place but they've already built a healty gap between themselves and Ak Bars, who surprisingly lost in Minsk.

Good stuff.

I really hope Barys do well, I think they deserve a good PO run.

I also don't think having Torpedo in the East is very fair but hopefully that sorts out soon enough

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
I really hope Barys do well, I think they deserve a good PO run.

I also don't think having Torpedo in the East is very fair but hopefully that sorts out soon enough
I don't see which team Torpedo would replace in the Western conference since Neftekhimik and/or Admiral are up for contraction in the East and only Severstal are up for contraction in the West.

Post scriptum: never mind they could potentially return for one or two seasons to have 12 teams, but when a new expansion team joins the Western conference, they're back in the East to stay

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
I don't see which team Torpedo would replace in the Western conference since Neftekhimik and/or Admiral are up for contraction in the East and only Severstal are up for contraction in the West.

Post scriptum: never mind they could potentially return for one or two seasons to have 12 teams, but when a new expansion team joins the Western conference, they're back in the East to stay

Yeah it sure seems that way. Unless we get some exotic eastern expansion team instead and just put Torpedo back where they belong?

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Until yesterday's win against Torpedo, which are having their own "bad" run, I hadn't noticed that Slovan were on a 13-game losing streak. Is this the worst-ever patch in KHL? Seven consecutive losses without a single point. Five consecutive losses without a single point. Only 1pt in 13 games... This is what Slovan managed to achieve recently. Yikes.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Avto was really bad a few years ago. Winning 10, 9, 7 games in consecutive seasons. So maybe them.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Until yesterday's win against Torpedo, which are having their own "bad" run, I hadn't noticed that Slovan were on a 13-game losing streak. Is this the worst-ever patch in KHL? Seven consecutive losses without a single point. Five consecutive losses without a single point. Only 1pt in 13 games... This is what Slovan managed to achieve recently. Yikes.
I think the KHL record still belongs to Spartak in 2013-14, when they went 3 months without a win, 19 games. Even Kuznya didn't have streaks this long.

Reactions: hansomreiste

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad