KHL pre-season 2015

DenisB8

Dec 19, 2014
Vienna, Austria
Defense doesn't look any better to me.

I think they can atleast be solid with Garnett and Brust in net, problem is if you don't score goals you can't win games, the defense can be as good as it wants if you don't score you don't win. And by scoring goals you take some pressure of the defense, it is hard to keep the puck out of the net for 60 minutes, some momentum gains by goal scoring help out with that...

loppa*

I think they can atleast be solid with Garnett and Brust in net, problem is if you don't score goals you can't win games, the defense can be as good as it wants if you don't score you don't win. And by scoring goals you take some pressure of the defense, it is hard to keep the puck out of the net for 60 minutes, some momentum gains by goal scoring help out with that...

A good goalie is not a good goalie without a good defense. Case in point : Edmonton... their goalies are good when they leave Edmonton and go to say Minnesota... the team plays defense whereas in Edmonton they do not.

The best example to me is Khabibulin... great goalie, but he ended up in the worst team in the league at the time (Chicago), which did not have defense nor offense...

I am optimistic for Slovan though. This pre-season game is not important at the end of the day, I think.

DenisB8

Dec 19, 2014
Vienna, Austria
A good goalie is not a good goalie without a good defense. Case in point : Edmonton... their goalies are good when they leave Edmonton and go to say Minnesota... the team plays defense whereas in Edmonton they do not.

The best example to me is Khabibulin... great goalie, but he ended up in the worst team in the league at the time (Chicago), which did not have defense nor offense...

I am optimistic for Slovan though. This pre-season game is not important at the end of the day, I think.

I want to see them be a good team aswell, maybe the defense needs a bit more time to build up some chemistry just like the offense. If the defense plays well the goalies are in place for them to do the rest. Baranka is a guy who may help them a bit defensively, still didn't extend his contract though...

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010

Jokerit propaganda for others, too. Can't wait for the first game!

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Sibir lost to Magnitka without Mozyakin and Zaripov today. They look so sad. Are they really so out of money they are going to start the season with this roster? :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad