KHL pre-season 2015

loppa*

This seems like a decent schedule:

http://www.eurohockey.com/games.html?id_season=2016&id_show=2&id_league=1133-pre-season-games.html

It has the pre-season games from all over the world though.

On there we see...

"Yunost Minsk - Dinamo Minsk 3-2". Lol ? I guess Dinamo did not have their full roster or something...

"Lokomotiv Yaroslavl - Spartak Moskva 6-1" Looks like Spartak is going to have a sad season, though that's just my guess.

"Latvia - Lada Togliatti 3-4 SO " hm, no comment on this one...

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
These results don't mean ****, obviously. For example, Minsk loses to some Belorussian team pretty much every year. Pretty it was Neman last year.

Also it has to be said Yunost have quite a few legit KHL players on their roster starting with Koval and Kovyrshin.

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Hockey in July just seems wrong, what happened to taking the summer off... are these the regular club players dressed for these games or are they just rookies, and fill-ins?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Hockey in July just seems wrong, what happened to taking the summer off... are these the regular club players dressed for these games or are they just rookies, and fill-ins?

Regulars. The league thought it would be a smart idea to have the season start in August already when naturally everyone in Europe is so excited about hockey!

Killion

Feb 19, 2010

I have no idea but this is nuts. What are they doing to themselves? Not good.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Having training camps start in early July shortens the off-season for players thst are heavily featured in international tournaments to just about 6 weeks. Not exactly enticing. Finnish league players are used to having a mandatory invidual training period until the end of July, it's no surprise some of them are skipping out on EHT tournaments or even Worlds due to exhaustion afte going to KHL.

Last edited:

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010

My understanding is that, at least for now, the rationale is to have a full season, with an expanded number of games, and still play the finals of the Gagarin Cup before training camps for World Championships entries are formed. My understanding is that they don't want to have the same conflict with the World Championships as the NHL has. Because it is a European league, a greater premium is paid to coexisting with the WC's. Its starting a couple of weeks earlier this year than in previous years.

loppa*

I strongly feel that they should just scrap the EHT, it's really needless.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I strongly feel that they should just scrap the EHT, it's really needless.

No, it isn't. Teams need to test players in Europe for World Championships should there be too much declines from NHL. One does not simply pick players into World Championships without testing them. All the big 4 federations wants the tournaments so your opinion is naturally irrelevant.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
My understanding is that, at least for now, the rationale is to have a full season, with an expanded number of games, and still play the finals of the Gagarin Cup before training camps for World Championships entries are formed. My understanding is that they don't want to have the same conflict with the World Championships as the NHL has. Because it is a European league, a greater premium is paid to coexisting with the WC's. Its starting a couple of weeks earlier this year than in previous years.

I'd say this more to do with Russia hosting the Worlds next year. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed it again the following season.

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
I'd say this more to do with Russia hosting the Worlds next year. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed it again the following season.

guys,... they just changed it 1 week earlier!! last KHL season was started 3.September...
now it is 24.August..
also other league players has to play now... example EBEL starts at 11.Sep, but the teams at the
CHAMPIONS HOCKEY LEAGUE 2015 play at 22. august already...

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010

I am amazed at how many people there are all over the World who make less than a million dollars per year who actually work 11 or more months each year. How do they continue to want to live without 4 months of vacation in the summer? Unbelievable, their stamina and courage!

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
guys,... they just changed it 1 week earlier!! last KHL season was started 3.September...
now it is 24.August..
also other league players has to play now... example EBEL starts at 11.Sep, but the teams at the
CHAMPIONS HOCKEY LEAGUE 2015 play at 22. august already

The CHL games have essentially replaced meaningless pre-season exhibition games.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I am amazed at how many people there are all over the World who make less than a million dollars per year who actually work 11 or more months each year. How do they continue to want to live without 4 months of vacation in the summer? Unbelievable, their stamina and courage!

Are these people forced to retire at 35 too?

This. Hockey players professional career can be between 10-20 years, far from the average person's work life. Point being, NHL players off-season is early April-early June to around September. That guarantees players are mentally and physically fresh to start the season.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
This. Hockey players professional career can be between 10-20 years, far from the average person's work life. Point being, NHL players off-season is early April-early June to around September. That guarantees players are mentally and physically fresh to start the season.

Oh please what a crock. Then they are incapacitated at 35? No - they coach, scout, manage, run hockey camps/schools - all very lucrative positions. Then if thats not the case, they are given preferential treatment to other jobs such as firemen, police officers etc.. I know at least 30 ex pro hockey players in my area and I can give you names and careers - they are all in 6 figure income. In fact I have never known one to be doing poorly, so lets not feel bad for these guys, they play an extra month - lets stop the fussing. The only thing unnecessary is the long preseason, it needs not be more than 2 weeks. Hockey in July is not optimal, but quite ok in late August.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Are these people forced to retire at 35 too?

What does that have to do with how many months of summer vacation they have? Cross country skiers, distance runners, cyclists, etc., train far harder than hockey players at any time of the year, and they train intensively for 12 months. For the few hockey players who don't find lucrative jobs in the sport when they retire from hockey at 35, they are still young and rich enough to afford retraining at the university.

loppa*

No, it isn't. Teams need to test players in Europe for World Championships should there be too much declines from NHL. One does not simply pick players into World Championships without testing them. All the big 4 federations wants the tournaments so your opinion is naturally irrelevant.

I still think it's useless to have the EHT, sorry to blow your bubble, but, people are allowed to have differing opinions from yours.
Players are testing in the leagues in which they play. If they perform badly, they don't get invited to the national team, if they perform well, they do get invited. Simple as that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
I still think it's useless to have the EHT, sorry to blow your bubble, but, people are allowed to have differing opinions from yours.
Players are testing in the leagues in which they play. If they perform badly, they don't get invited to the national team, if they perform well, they do get invited. Simple as that.

You can have your own opinion but as it was previously stated, it doesn't really matter, as all the 4 federations want to keep the tourney.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
So what, a KHL players off-season is from end February - mid April to around July. Only WC players have to play until May. Don't see much difference there.

I was talking about players that play at Worlds. We've already seen KHL players declining the Worlds due to exhaustion.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Also, as a small note of advice... learn to use the edit button... that way you can combine posts instead of posting multiple times in a row.

:laugh: Are you even aware of how many top scorers in various European leagues have turned out complete no-shows in international play?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad