KHL pre-season 2015

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
oh I got the sarcasm. I find it funny since I've seen Russian poster talk at length about how awful hockey in August is in the context of the Canada / World Cup, but now their own domestic league is starting in July.

I really doubt most of them exactly agree with it but a lot of them also seem to realize that KHL decision making isn't always...logical. I mean there are posters who agree with me that there's a few too many teams in the league and were that to be corrected, they could in theory build a more sensible schedule. The Swedes are doing the right thing in reducing the length of the regular season games (I wish they'd do the same over here as well). European hockey biggest advantage compared to Canadian has been the ratio of practises to games but that's becoming almost non-existant with bloated regular seasons. Several Finnish coaches have already been complaining about it over the last couple of years.

Last edited:

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Apparently Kuznya will contend for the KHL record for the least amount of points :shakehead

Metallurg - Admiral 1:2.
Metallurg - Barys 2:4.
Metallurg - Vityaz 1:4.
Metallurg - Vityaz 2:3OT.
Metallurg - Yugra 4:3B! Wowzy!
Metallurg - Bili Tigrji 1:4.
Metallurg - Avtomobilist 0:5.
Metallurg - Avangard 3:7.

It's really bad even by Kuznya standards, so we're going to get a full season of losership in HD! The only bright side will hopefully be the youngsters that are expected to play for Metallurg.
It will be interesting if making Sergei Zinovjev the president of Kuzbass hockey federation will change anything.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
The only bright side will hopefully be the youngsters that are expected to play for Metallurg.

It has been the case more or less every year, we don't need a run of bad exhibition game results to confirm that. We all now the limitations of the Novokuznetsk team, but it still is nice to see them hang around the league.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I wouldn't go all panic mode just yet, I mean it is a pre-season. Kuznya will get their usual ~50 points. Sure that's bad but at the same time it's just business as usual for you guys, what you gonna do.

Amur has quite a horrid team so considering all the taxing travelling they have to do the competition for the last place will be tough.

________

By the way people, who is coaching Neftekhimik? I don't have Russian keyboard so this info isn't that easy to find. They have quite a nice if they can deliver and they would probably would be able to deliver with a decent coach.

Last edited:

Acallabeth

Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
By the way people, who is coaching Neftekhimik? I don't have Russian keyboard so this info isn't that easy to find. They have quite a nice if they can deliver and they would probably would be able to deliver with a decent caoch.

Vladimir Krikunov, a guy who loves the KHL contraction topic.

I wouldn't go all panic mode just yeah, I mean it is a pre-season. Kuznya will get their usual ~50 points. Sure that's bad but at the same time it's just business as usual for you guys, what you gonna do.

Amur has quite a horrid team so considering all the taxing travelling they have to do the competition for the last place will be tough.
It has been the case more or less every year, we don't need a run of bad exhibition game results to confirm that. We all now the limitations of the Novokuznetsk team, but it still is nice to see them hang around the league.
Yeah, that's true, ahh, good 2012 times, when we were selling out the barn and competing for playoffs, seems so far already. Not even going to mention that bronze, haha. But I've never seen the team so helpless :(

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

Who are you to doubt El Tiivo?

Actually Tiivola is a player that could break out this season, he's only 21, has great size and put up good stats in juniors. He'll also get more playing time with Blues lack of depth at center.

Last edited:

Acallabeth

Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Or, as we say in Russia, even a stick shoots once a year :dunno:

That's just a beginning, Nazarov's tactical genius and charming personality will do wonders for that team.
I suppose SKA management wanted to have some fun this year after finally winning a championship.

DenisB8

Dec 19, 2014
Vienna, Austria
Who are you to doubt El Tiivo?

Actually Tiivola is a player that could break out this season, he's only 21, has great size and put up good stats in juniors. He'll also get more playing time with Blues lack of depth at center.

Good for him, hopefully he turns out to be amazing and joins Jokerit ;)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Or, as we say in Russia, even a stick shoots once a year :dunno:

I suppose SKA management wanted to have some fun this year after finally winning a championship.

According to Sasha Huttunen, a Russian source told him there's "immense pressure" on Nazarov and the coaching staff and even pre-season games and potential losses would be heavily scrutinized.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00