KHL Playoffs / Gagarin Cup 2013 • Quarterfinals

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
I'm having a hard time interpreting various schedules. Is there a game on in a few minutes?

Trying to somehow watch it from the United States, primarily out of boredom.

Just have a look at the schedule at en.khl.ru ! The times are in Moscow Time which is 9 hours ahead of EST.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
You guys who thought Kazan would roll over Ufa can officially kiss my feet. What did I say? Ufa will show a good image! They are 2-0 now and could sweep Kazan at home. :laugh:

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Watching Dynamo Moscow vs. CSKA...

I like #74 in white, Prokhorkin (?), has some potential...let's see if he can put it all together.

What's up with #9 in blue (Tvsetkov?), he seems to be the recipient of a lot of foul play after the whistle...no one likes him?

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Just got back from the awesome game. The overall atmosphere is sooo much better than in LDS CSKA, so much better. The only reason I want Dynamo to advance.

Despite the fact that CSKA lost this game I'm impressed with their game so far. If you don't count a shaky start from Stana in game 1 they look very solid and this is where I would like to praise Butsaev. Before, in the days of Nemchinov, their defencemen played a separate game from forwards, Datsyuk and Radulov dynamic duo was the only reason they were that high in the standings but now, especially in the play off, they show a very good teamwork. Today they did a great job to calm down the game after bad start and came back later - something I didn't expect from CSKA in the beginning of this season.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
still lost on double mistake my mr whythehellwashepicked up Morrison... But I didn't expect us to be anywhere close in those series and we are only down 2:1 loosing a close one in OT. Let's see what happens tomorrow!

p.s. Tweaking a few positions (major one is the first line center), giving bigger role to Marchenko/Ozhiganov, bringing back Gusev and possibly Sergeev, upgrading on foreigners (Davis for sure and even if Persson stays - it's 2nd or better third line) is how I see things developing in the near future. I would also try to negotiate a loan with Buffalo for Grigorenko, but that's a far reach as he's made the NHL team already.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
3-0 in Chelyabinsk. Wow, I almost feel sorry for Omsk. On the second thought... nah, go Traktor!

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
SKA with the sweep against Seva. I expected more from them. :shakehead

Dynamo with a fast OT win only one step away from Conference finals. Also Traktor just need one more win for the next round against a terrible Avangard. :handclap:

Ak Bars had a 3-0 in Ufa and are back in the series to make it 1-2.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
You guys who thought Kazan would roll over Ufa can officially kiss my feet. What did I say? Ufa will show a good image! They are 2-0 now and could sweep Kazan at home. :laugh:

1st game was won by the refs. Worst officiating I have EVER seen. And I've seen a lot. The refs were not biased, if you consider me some conspiracy theories lover. They were just horrible with their non-calls on both sides. But there were far more in Ufas favor by the flow of the game. Well, the calls they had to make (high-stick+injury) resulted in Ufa's PP goals. I don't see it a s alost game by Kazan whatsoever. You couldn't win it with an All-Star team against that reffing.

The 2nd game was a deserved loss for Kazan due to a complete lack of effort and focus. Not a fine win for Ufa either. One half fluky goal they scored won them the game not because they were good, but because AkBars was as awful as it gets.

And as for the sweep, you better watch the series to learn something about the Kazan-Ufa rivalry.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Dynamo is THE Machine. I hope they advance fast(CSKA is good, but not good enough to beat Znarok) and give SKA fits. SKA is walking through way to easy. I think the fatigue finally caught up with Seva's top guys. I mean it's rifdiculous how much of a load they had to carry all season long, especially Koshechkin.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Dynamo is THE Machine. I hope they advance fast(CSKA is good, but not good enough to beat Znarok) and give SKA fits. SKA is walking through way to easy. I think the fatigue finally caught up with Seva's top guys. I mean it's rifdiculous how much of a load they had to carry all season long, especially Koshechkin.

well had SKA not stolen Aleksandrov, overpaid for Chudinov and Kiselevich (he's with Seva but technically a ska player) and negotiated with Shipachev during the series - could have been a different type of series.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
AK Bars against Salavat is a lot closer that what I'd have thought before the series. Still, Go Ak Bars! Really like their game.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
well had SKA not stolen Aleksandrov, overpaid for Chudinov and Kiselevich (he's with Seva but technically a ska player) and negotiated with Shipachev during the series - could have been a different type of series.

Ppl don't realize the problem is SKA is in the west. They couldn't have pulled off all that feats in the East. Too many contenders which take themselves seriosly and wouldn't just give in to SKA's money dispenser. What we need is more financially fit teams in the West. Anyway I don' t really care about SKA shopping around. I don't like what they do to young players they shop for though. Chudinov, Burdasov who'll be next to become mediocre to non-existent as a player after signing with SKA for some ridic money probably. Somebody please tell them young guys signing with SKA can ruin their careers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad