KHL Playoffs / Gagarin Cup 2013 • Quarterfinals

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Chudinov? His TOI in regular season was 19:23, 5th D. Maybe would be better for him to stay in Severstal and play 25 min per game?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Ppl don't realize the problem is SKA is in the west. They couldn't have pulled off all that feats in the East. Too many contenders which take themselves seriosly and wouldn't just give in to SKA's money dispenser. What we need is more financially fit teams in the West. Anyway I don' t really care about SKA shopping around. I don't like what they do to young players they shop for though. Chudinov, Burdasov who'll be next to become mediocre to non-existent as a player after signing with SKA for some ridic money probably. Somebody please tell them young guys signing with SKA can ruin their careers.

I can't see how it's relevant that SKA is in the west. They don't take players from rich Western teams (CSKA, Dinamo) but they still take players from poor Eastern teams (Burdasov, Tarasenko). So what's the difference in which conference are they?

And frankly, I don't think it's a bad move to go to SKA even for a young players. They have decent TOI, good coaches and if they are not good enough to play for SKA they're loaned out/sent down until their time comes. Like Chudinov, he's 22! And yet he plays 20 minutes per game, so what's wrong with that? And if you think something is wrong with that, it goes for every deep KHL team.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I can't see how it's relevant that SKA is in the west. They don't take players from rich Western teams (CSKA, Dinamo) but they still take players from poor Eastern teams (Burdasov, Tarasenko). So what's the difference in which conference are they?

And frankly, I don't think it's a bad move to go to SKA even for a young players. They have decent TOI, good coaches and if they are not good enough to play for SKA they're loaned out/sent down until their time comes. Like Chudinov, he's 22! And yet he plays 20 minutes per game, so what's wrong with that? And if you think something is wrong with that, it goes for every deep KHL team.

It is very much relevant.

1. Why can't they take theplayers from Dynamo and CSKA? Because those teams won't let them, won't let their conference and potential playoff rivals get stronger. If there are more teams like Dynamo and CSKA in the west, SKA would face more trouble getting the players they want.

2. Traktor is no poor team. The Burdasov story is an interesting case. He wasn't important enough for Traktor to through the money bag at him. He never was that good. Now he's pretty much a nobody. But first of all consider this. Severstal gives Chudinov to SKA and has to face him in the playoffs. An eastern team dealing Tarasenko to SKA isn't concerned about facing him. Nor are the other eastern teams. Try to pull that off in the east(trade Tarasenko to another eastern team) and there will be blood. The eastern teams would fight over him. In the west it pretty much was SKA or nothing. A lack of financially comparable rivals in the west is very important to what's happening.

3. Chudinov was a leading defenceman in Cherepovets. Now he plays under 20 a game. Staying with Severstal was definitely better for him as a player.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Today it was a lack of offense. Was not satisfied with Radulov, although he did get absolutely thrashed into the boards during the last minute which was satisfying :handclap: I would rather see CSKA give ice time to guys like Prokhorkin, Kooger, rather than this waste called Kvasha. Hopefully they don't go free agent crazy in the summer, they already have a lot of good young pieces, now they just have to develop their game/chemistry. Get Gusev back though. Him and Shirokov would be fun to watch together.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Chudinov was a leading defenceman in Cherepovets. Now he plays under 20 a game. Staying with Severstal was definitely better for him as a player.
By the same definition then Sopin should've stayed in VHL rather to play for Dynamo Moscow in play-offs. As he would have more time on ice.
Chudinov will be 23 soon, he's doing well in one of the top teams in Europe, I don't see any problem there. If Severstal did not wish/was not able to keep him that's their problem.

The only problem is that some hate on SKA, I used to do that too, I'll admit, but honestly I pray God all teams in the KHL were like SKA (and I don't mean even budget, just organization-wise).

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Prokhorkin and Kugryshev are the unlikely heroes lately. Guys, stay home, train with ur team, don't waste your time in NA!
I can give numerous examples of people who ''stayed at home'' and didn't achieve anything. While I agree that in some cases you shouldn't go and play abroad, people are different and for some it's a good thing to go abroad. Here's a good example of home grown talent

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=17617

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I'll admit, but honestly I pray God all teams in the KHL were like SKA (and I don't mean even budget, just organization-wise).

This. Look at Ak Bars, Salavat Yulaev - both rich clubs, no problem with money and their marketing?

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I can give numerous examples of people who ''stayed at home'' and didn't achieve anything. While I agree that in some cases you shouldn't go and play abroad, people are different and for some it's a good thing to go abroad. Here's a good example of home grown talent

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=17617

Kulemin was not touted as high as Kugryshev. And he still will probably make a KHL 3rd liner, which he was always projected to be. There's also Monya, but injuries are killing him.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Garnett with 4 (!) shoutouts in 5 matches in Conference semifinals! That says a lot! Maybe more about the Avangard offense than about Garnett's qualities. :nod:

Congratulations to Traktor! They really deserved it! :handclap:

And regarding less ice time in teams like SKA. Let's compare it to football. How many players would prefer to play 90 minutes every game for let's say UD Levante if they could play half the time for FC Barcelona or Real Madrid? :D

Spektanto

May 31, 2012
Chelyabinsk
And regarding less ice time in teams like SKA. Let's compare it to football. How many players would prefer to play 90 minutes every game for let's say UD Levante if they could play half the time for FC Barcelona or Real Madrid? :D
Dynamo's goalie Eremenko decided to play in some team of the 3rd level league just to have 60 minutes instead of being 4th or 5th in Dynamo. :)

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Dynamo's goalie Eremenko decided to play in some team of the 3rd level league just to have 60 minutes instead of being 4th or 5th in Dynamo. :)

Yeah ok but with goalies it's always a little bit different as we all know. :)

But if you are a skater and play like 23 minutes a game for Vityaz it's not bad if you continue to play 15 minutes for let's say Dynamo or SKA. :)

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
By the same definition then Sopin should've stayed in VHL rather to play for Dynamo Moscow in play-offs. As he would have more time on ice.
Chudinov will be 23 soon, he's doing well in one of the top teams in Europe, I don't see any problem there. If Severstal did not wish/was not able to keep him that's their problem.

The only problem is that some hate on SKA, I used to do that too, I'll admit, but honestly I pray God all teams in the KHL were like SKA (and I don't mean even budget, just organization-wise).

Don't play stupid mind games. You can't compare a VHLer being called up and a a KHL regular.

jaco

Oct 21, 2011
but honestly I pray God all teams in the KHL were like SKA (and I don't mean even budget, just organization-wise).

Yep. And hopefully not all from Russia.... That would add a lot of spice to an already succulent league.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Sorry but being a KHL regular in Severstal is something radically different than being a KHL regular in SKA.

Nope, it's playing against the same opposition. And again you compared to Sopin, who basically never played in the KHL on whatever team until early February.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad