KHL Playoffs / Gagarin Cup 2013 • Quarterfinals

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Traktor looks surprisingly impressive today. I thought there won't be much intrigue in the series and Avangard will take it in 5 games but it's pretty clear I was wrong already after just one game.

But Kuznetsov's nickname :facepalm: Is it just me or is such nickname truly kinda stupid?

I think Traktor may have a coaching problem, their transition game has been so easily countered through out the playoffs... So its still possible Avangard could win... Just really great passing today by Traktor.

I think its Kuzya's biggest problem, the transition game is terrible because no way these passes are getting through in the playoffs when teams are studying your game..

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Traktor looks surprisingly impressive today. I thought there won't be much intrigue in the series and Avangard will take it in 5 games but it's pretty clear I was wrong already after just one game.

But Kuznetsov's nickname :facepalm: Is it just me or is such nickname truly kinda stupid?
well, there is certainly some resemblance here:laugh:

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
I watched the complete Avangard-Sibir series and so it was clear for me that they are currently not as good as their regular season position indicates. They barely controlled any of the matches against Sibir after game #1.

Very nice performance by Traktor. They were very efficient and kept their net clean! :)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
why would you think that the series would be easy for avangard, when they barely beat Sibir' and Traktor on paper at least is MUCH stronger.

Because of the same reason why Flyers eliminated Penguins last year only to be beaten by the much weaker Devils in the next round: Sibir played defensively tight hockey with a tidy defense while Traktor's defense is not that good to say the least and all over the place most of the nights. I thought they would be a perfect fit for Avangard as an opponent which is easy to play against.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Maybe in English it sounds stupid, but in Russian it's very nice. Vice-versa, if he got English-style nickname Kuzzi (or something like this) in the NHL.

I don't care about the sound (and it sounds pretty good anyway), I'm talking about what it means :)

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
I am just watching the Kazan-Ufa match. Very entertaining hockey and a 1-1 after 40 minutes! :handclap: Hope Ufa can make this series very interesting although all of you think they get a bloody nose! :nod:

Looks like CSKA are giving the right answer :handclap: and St. Petersburg controll the game against Seva. :shakehead

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Ufa win 3-2 in Kazan and lead the series 1-0!!! :handclap:

PS:

SKA now 2-0 against Severstal, maybe 5 game series. CSKA with the 1-1 against Dynamo. There is still hope for a long fight. :)

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Oh my god. Avangard play so terrible. In 100 minutes of this playoff series they had not more than 1.5 dangerous shots on goal...

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Avangard can't work the puck into the slot to save their lives, 120 minutes of grinding near the boards. Traktor didn't show much in the offensive zone today but they didn't need to.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I'm having a hard time interpreting various schedules. Is there a game on in a few minutes?

Trying to somehow watch it from the United States, primarily out of boredom.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Found my answer and a way to watch.

Looked up some context of the match. Ak Bars Kazan are the top seed in the east but lost game one to the 5th-seeded Salavat Yulaev Ufa.

Cheers guys!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3