KHL Playoffs / Gagarin Cup 2013 • Round of 16

MrGeno101

Sep 11, 2008
Could we get 3 game seven in Eastern Conf maybe? Sibir is doing surprisingly good against Avangard, and the games between Salavat and Magnitogorsk have been really close. It will be interesting to see how Barys responds to the two losses, they looked very strong the two first games so i would count them out yet. Im looking forward to the next games :handclap:

od71

Apr 8, 2012
Yesterday Sibir looked good before first Ava's goal. Two simple mistakes: first Nikulin in offensive zone, he failed to make simple pass, then Kutuzov in D-zone. Although after that they managed to score two goals it was visible they ran out of gas. For Avangard there is a room to elevate their game, as for Sibir, they already play at their best. It's impossible to play over the top all the time.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
guys, do you know why was Slovan eliminated? Because slovak president did not wear his old "lucky" jacket (left) but suit at last game :D You know, slovak media=tabloid. Current slovak president is fan of Slovan.

o_khl_po_slovan_dinamo-mosvka_smrcok19.jpg

airbus1094

Feb 27, 2013
Philly
Could we get 3 game seven in Eastern Conf maybe? Sibir is doing surprisingly good against Avangard, and the games between Salavat and Magnitogorsk have been really close. It will be interesting to see how Barys responds to the two losses, they looked very strong the two first games so i would count them out yet. Im looking forward to the next games :handclap:

Yea, tractor has a lot of momentum going into game 5, hopefully barys can get it together psychologically and play a good game. Salavat and Magnitka are really tight, I would expect it to go to 7 games. I think Avangard has the edge against Sibir, but I could certainly see it go to 7. The most likely outcome is probably 2 game 7s. But this is all speculation, we will see in a few days!

airbus1094

Feb 27, 2013
Philly
Yup, Lauris DārziņÅ¡... 3 goals now in the play-offs.

I also think Barys is dead after today. Before Astana seemed like they have a real chance, now- not so much.

Blowing a 2 game lead will be really bad for moral, but if they can keep it close in game 5, I think they will have a chance to win game 6. Barys has a lot of talent in the offense, but they have to keep it tight defensively to win this series. Also Yeremeyev can play brilliantly at times, when he does, Barys almost never loses.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
It's becoming a bitter evening for Atlant again. 5-0 SKA lead after 40 minutes. They are in the next round one might say. :naughty:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
It is officiall now, Misha Anisin is back :sarcasm::amazed::yo:

he is still the smalles moron in hockey. I will never take this guy seriosly.

edit: and now he's officially to face Loko again. Great win, Loko. They fight!

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
In the end SKA won 7-0!! What a demonstration once more!

In the second round we will see the Moscow derby CSKA vs Dynamo. Tough decision but I would give Dynamo the advantage. A conference final SKA vs Dynamo should be very promising!

In their current form SKA are the top favourites for the Gagarin Cup IMHO.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
donbass dumped Supler, I loled...guy can't coach anymore, it was evident with CSKA too
He can be a good coach with normal organization behind him... I can't say that about CSKA last year and Donbass this year. Especially the situation this year. Considering that he coaches a new team that until the last day fought for the play-offs with teams like Atlant and Minsk that, I don't believe have bigger budgets and the core of the team has already been formed unlike with a totally new team in an empty place.... And they kept him. Now he loses one game in some useless Nadezhda Cup and he's sacked :laugh::laugh::laugh: Brilliant decision, like the one to sack Severstal coach before play-offs last year and this year's sacking of Riha when SKA was 2nd in the West... I'm not saying SKA is doing bad this year without him but that's totally ridiculous...

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
donbass dumped Supler, I loled...guy can't coach anymore, it was evident with CSKA too

They could've at least wait until the end of the season though. And heir GM is not without fault too, IMO he's to blame even more than Supler.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Wow, wow, wow. I thought you were a supporter of this tournament.

I guess he wasn't fired because of Nadezhda Cup. They just wanted to think about last season a bit. :)

And yes, though it's a nice tournament, you don't fire someone because of it. ;)

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Wow, wow, wow. I thought you were a supporter of this tournament.
I'm a supporter but I'm not an idiot. I understand that if we look at big picture this cup means sh**. That doesn't mean though that players shouldn't play and try to win it, like with these prep tournaments before the season. Sure the cup doesn't mean much but I fail to understand how a professional hockey player can be a professional and not give his best to win something... even it's not worth much. I can understand it in a beer league like Belarus league, but not in the KHL. I believe in North America they teach players to give 100% in any game, whatever it might be. This aspect, I believe, is one of the things I'd love to see in Europeans more, not talking about "loser's cups'' and games that they should just lose to get home faster...

But I still find it strange the club would make a big deal out of the fact that Supler lost one game (not even this series!) in this tournament. I can understand that it's a young and very ambitious club that wants to win something but come on... They have two games in Donetsk, they are still favourites... The time for the sacking of the coach seems rather idiotic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad