KHL Playoffs / Gagarin Cup 2013 • Round of 16

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Magnitogork - Ufa, real game 7 type of game, both teams very careful and not many good scoring chances for either. Hard to say which way it will go. Looking at Avangard - Sibir, well Avangard is already 2-0 up and judging from what I've seen zero chances for Sibir that makes me a bit sad :shakehead

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
always been a fan of Maxim Karpov, since his Mechel days, he never gets the pt that Traktor pupils get in Chelyabinsk, but a good player though.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Easy 2-0 win for Avangard and they are in the next round. They left Sibir barely a scoring chance. Still a great series and what a fight Sibir showed them! :handclap:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
What is with G Eremeyev? Why is Poluektov, born 1992, in net again?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
What is with G Eremeyev? Why is Poluektov, born 1992, in net again?

Yeremeyev is not dressed for this game so you one doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out he's injured.

Magnitka is out and I guess fairly so, such a crappy last game. And no matter how nice of a guy Maurice is I'll be glad if he's fired. With all the talent they have this North American north-south-dump-it-in game looks soooooo dull.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Yeremeyev is not dressed for this game so you one doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out he's injured.

Magnitka is out and I guess fairly so, such a crappy last game. And no matter how nice of a guy Maurice is I'll be glad if he's fired. With all the talent they have this North American north-south-dump-it-in game looks soooooo dull.

i am sorry, all the talent? like who? (besides the obvious Mozyakin) KHL no-names Hodgman, o'Reily, Zukarello, Gulas - all decent players but first year KHLers. The washed up Platonov/Lisin and bunch of average prospects...

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
i am sorry, all the talent? like who? (besides the obvious Mozyakin) KHL no-names Hodgman, o'Reily, Zukarello, Gulas - all decent players but first year KHLers. The washed up Platonov/Lisin and bunch of average prospects...

Mozyakin-O'Reilly-Zuccarello
Hodgman-Gulas-Korolyuk
Lisin-Kazionov-Platonov
Zdunov-Yakubov-Kosov

Say whatever you want but that's a very deep and very talented team which is fully capable of playing a puck possession hockey instead of this boring crap. I'm not saying they underperformed terribly this season, no, Salavat is as deep and as talented, I just don't like the style of the game of Maurice's team

Last edited:

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Mozyakin-O'Reilly-Zuccarello
Hodgman-Gulas-Korolyuk
Lisin-Kazionov-Platonov
Zdunov-Yakubov-Kosov

Say whatever you want but that's a very deep and very talented team which is fully capable of playing a puck possession hockey instead of this boring crap. I'm not saying they underperformed terribly this season, no, Salavat is as deep and as talented, I just don't like the style of the game of Maurice's team

I understand you now, they played an equal rival and lost. I always thought that Maurice is better at European Hockey than your average american.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I understand you now, they played an equal rival and lost. I always thought that Maurice is better at European Hockey than your average american.

I agree. Although no way I see Maurice getting fired. He did a good job. Look at the risk he took that paid off switching Gelahvilli for Ahonen. If Georgi doesn't get injured that series might also become different. He also did a world of wonders for the development of young Antipin, making him the number 1 defenseman in minutes even through some of the playoffs... BTW Maurice only switched to the boring dump and chase game during the close time in the playoffs. I've watched plenty of exciting Magnitka games. In fact, Magnitka showed some of the best hockey plays all season on a regular basis besides Malkin. Hodgeman, Mozyakin, Zuccarello made great plays al year. Go back a few games the puck possesion on the gwg from mozyakin to hodgeman, the hockey doesn't get any better than that..

BTW SU is no slouch, goalie got hot and they have some sleeping giants on their side as well. Over all it was an equal match and SU came on top 1 goal better. Forme that doesn't warrant blowing up your team and starting new.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
A funny guy you are. I give them six games, but that's it. This year Ufa doesn't stand a chance.

Who knows?! That's some kind of derby right? Anything can happen theoratically. Who would have expected Sibir or Barys to force a 7 game series?!

metmag

Mar 4, 2013
I think Maurice should stay as well. Give the person at least 2 season with a roster to prove something. I dislike high roster turnover

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I think Maurice should stay as well. Give the person at least 2 season with a roster to prove something. I dislike high roster turnover

Exactly, low roster turnover is a strategy the DRW use, whens the last time they missed the playoffs... The TML use high roster turnover, whens the last time they made the PO?

I noticed Zhamnov told the press that he will like to build a team to stay together for a long time and will not blow up Atlant just because of the result of loss. He wants to employ the whole low turnover strategy himself.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Coach of Slavia Praha, legend of czech hockey, Vladimir Ruzicka, said for czech media that play-off in czech league is much better than in KHL. Sure Sir :D

metmag

Mar 4, 2013
Coach of Slavia Praha, legend of czech hockey, Vladimir Ruzicka, said for czech media that play-off in czech league is much better than in KHL. Sure Sir :D

Was this recent?

I see Czechs are saying some absurd things about the KHL. I remember last year someone saying that mid-season Extraliga hockey is more intense than KHL playoffs. :laugh:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Was this recent?

I see Czechs are saying some absurd things about the KHL. I remember last year someone saying that mid-season Extraliga hockey is more intense than KHL playoffs. :laugh:

you know, Ruzicka does not like Russians and Russia. His team Slavia does not have fans, even new team Lev Praha has more fans. It is only PR staff, nothing serious ..

Slavia has new owner, which has connection to MND - partner of KHL So journalists asked Ruzicka as former co-owner of club (he sold it now) and coach/GM about Slavia joining KHL. Of course, nonsesne. So he said what he said. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad