[1] SKA vs. Atlant [8]|[1] Ak Bars vs. Neftekhimik [8]|
[2] CSKA vs. Lev [7]|[2] Avangard vs. Sibir [7]|
[3] Dynamo Moscow vs. Slovan [6]|[3] Traktor vs. Barys [6] |
[4] Lokomotiv vs. Severstal [5]|[4] Metallurg Mg vs. Salavat Yulaev [5]|

Last edited:

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Dynamo are going out in the first round. How sad for them. :handclap: (this is more a wish, not a realistic prospect :D)

Last edited:

russianhockey

Apr 22, 2007
www.russianhockey.de
WEST | EAST

[4] Lokomotiv vs. Severstal [5]|[3] Metallurg Mg vs. Salavat Yulaev [5]|

Last edited:

Spektanto

May 31, 2012
Chelyabinsk
Atlant gets the place in the play-offs - quite surprising and interesting, though I expected (not today - earlier) Donbass reach it.

UPD: and I'm really looking forward to reading that everything's OK with Traktor Arena.

Last edited:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Hopefully Barys will get to the final. It would be hilarious if KHL fans had to endure the most important games of the season on Barys TV crew. Just look at those highlights, they are all over the place, half the time I can't even see the puck. :(

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Hopefully Barys will get to the final. It would be hilarious if KHL fans had to endure the most important games of the season on Barys TV crew. Just look at those highlights, they are all over the place, half the time I can't even see the puck. :(
Won't happen since I believe from semi-finals already KHL crew is filming the games so despite the fact that arena itself is ugly, the picture would be very good.

As regards the first round, I will support Atlant and Slovan. I can't decide for the other two pairs- CSKA has Sprukts and would be great addition in later stages but... it's CSKA, I can't really support CSKA... :laugh: But Lev doesn't give me any emotions even if it also has Latvians in it. Lokomotiv vs Severstal is also hard, both teams deserve to go further... Lokomotiv has Rēdlihs and all the history of tragedy but Severstal is just having such a great season this year too...

In East it's easy- AK Bars (my favourite of Russian clubs since I believe 2004, especially with DārziņÅ¡ now playing there), Traktor (want to see more of Nichushkin, Nesterov, maybe Shalunov, of course also Kuznetsov, all these young talents the club has, and ''shaibu, shaibu Traktor!", just love this team too), Sibir (came to like it last year following Tarasenko, but I love their jersey really and this video that makes me glad they're in play-off this year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUvFj_jeyI0
Hopefully the same happens with us next year. In the fourth pair unfortunately I must say Magnitka. I hate both teams but Ufa more than Magnitka... But I don't want to say that since Magnitka TV picture is simply awful :D

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
[1] SKA vs. Atlant [8] [1] Ak Bars vs. Neftekhimik [8]
[2] CSKA vs. Lev [7] [2] Avangard vs. Sibir [7]
[3] Dynamo Moscow vs. Slovan [6] [3] Traktor vs. Barys [6]
[4] Lokomotiv vs. Severstal [5] [3] Metallurg Mg vs. Salavat Yulaev [5]

Once Atlant is in the mood for playoff hockey, it's hard to stop them. This won't be funny for SKA but they should make it.

CSKA and Dynamo also should win against the newcomers but you never know. I hope for the newbies, off course. :)

Lokomotiv - don't damage this comeback story with a 1st round loss. ;)

Should be quite clear that in the East we'll see Ak Bars and Avangard go to the next round. For Traktor it will be a hard fight but I like their youngsters - and wasn't that the team with the hot cheerleaders? :handclap:

Magnitka vs. Ufa... hm... Magnitka. I wanted Minsk in the playoffs and Ufa destroyed that for me. :amazed:

Spektanto

May 31, 2012
Chelyabinsk

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Won't happen since I believe from semi-finals already KHL crew is filming the games so despite the fact that arena itself is ugly, the picture would be very good.

As regards the first round, I will support Atlant and Slovan. I can't decide for the other two pairs- CSKA has Sprukts and would be great addition in later stages but... it's CSKA, I can't really support CSKA... :laugh: But Lev doesn't give me any emotions even if it also has Latvians in it. Lokomotiv vs Severstal is also hard, both teams deserve to go further... Lokomotiv has Rēdlihs and all the history of tragedy but Severstal is just having such a great season this year too...

In East it's easy- AK Bars (my favourite of Russian clubs since I believe 2004, especially with DārziņÅ¡ now playing there), Traktor (want to see more of Nichushkin, Nesterov, maybe Shalunov, of course also Kuznetsov, all these young talents the club has, and ''shaibu, shaibu Traktor!", just love this team too), Sibir (came to like it last year following Tarasenko, but I love their jersey really and this video that makes me glad they're in play-off this year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUvFj_jeyI0
Hopefully the same happens with us next year. In the fourth pair unfortunately I must say Magnitka. I hate both teams but Ufa more than Magnitka... But I don't want to say that since Magnitka TV picture is simply awful :D

Wouldnt it be great if Ozolinsh had both Stanley cup AND Gagarin cup? he would have
2 biggest trophies a hockey player can get :yo:

od71

Apr 8, 2012
EAST | WEST

[4] Lokomotiv vs. Severstal [5]|[3] Metallurg Mg vs. Salavat Yulaev [5]|

Topicstarter confused East and West. On the West among 4 bottom teams Slovan will face I think toughest opponent. I don't expect spectacular hockey, but tension will be high.
As long as Tarasenko doesn't play in Saint-Petersburgh I don't root for SKA anymore. Hope Atlant will give a good shake to SKA.
In both conferences the fight between 4th and 5th seeds is a most unpredictable. If Ufa wins there 'll be one more fired coach. I don't know why I have sympathy for Maurice, he is a nice person.
AkBars has smartest management they didn't sign NHL stars during lockout not wasting millions in vain.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Even if it's 7th seed against 2nd I hope Lev can beat CSKA which is not all that good without Grabo and Datsyuk. One more thing I hope for is a bit tighter series in the East without Ak Bars blowing through everyone in 4 games.

And judging by the roster Atlant has no business being in the playoffs but they carry a huge momentum with all these wins in the last 10 games so maybe they will give SKA a bit of a fight.

russianhockey

Apr 22, 2007
www.russianhockey.de
20 February 2013 (Wednesday)
19:30 MSK - SKA - Atlant
19:30 MSK - CSKA - Lev
19:30 MSK - Dynamo Msk - Slovan
19:00 MSK - Lokomotiv - Severstal

21 February 2013 (Thursday)
19:30 MSK - SKA - Atlant
19:30 MSK - CSKA - Lev
19:30 MSK - Dynamo Msk - Slovan
19:00 MSK - Lokomotiv - Severstal

19:00 MSK - Ak Bars - Neftekhimik
16:00 MSK - Avangard - Sibir
17:00 MSK - Traktor - Barys
17:00 MSK - Metallurg Mg - Salavat Yulaev

22 February 2013 (Friday)
19:00 MSK - Ak Bars - Neftekhimik
16:00 MSK - Avangard - Sibir
17:00 MSK - Traktor - Barys
17:00 MSK - Metallurg Mg - Salavat Yulaev

Traktor28

May 2, 2012
Whats gonna happen with Traktor home games. Will the arena be fixed?

UPDATE via KHL twitter feed:
All-clear for Arena Traktor

The Kontinental Hockey League has received the results of the technical investigation into possible structural damage to the upper sections of Chelyabinsk’s Arena Traktor during the recent meteor shower. According to the experts, “our inspection discovered no significant breakage, harm, or weakening of girders and their supporting columns, or any damage which could pose a threat to operational safety.”

The structural integrity of the stadium was not harmed by the shock wave from the meteorite impact of the 15th February.
Having considered these findings, the KHL has granted Traktor permission to use the arena to play its scheduled home games in the Gagarin Cup play-offs, beginning with Games 1 and 2 of the first round series against Barys Astana on the 21st and 22nd of February.

Last edited:

Spektanto

May 31, 2012
Chelyabinsk
Official Gagarin Cup pucks
shaibyPO.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad