KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) 2012-2013 General Discussion part III

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Confirmed in what way? ViÅ¡ňovský saying that with his own mouth? :laugh: These days, following the Malkin reports fiasco from Sunday, I'm doubly suspicious of any hockey-related news the media serve to us.

What was that Malkin fiasko reports about?

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Is Malkin going to play tonight?

No he did not.And neighter did Gonchar or Kulemin. Just Ryan O Reilly

Magnita beat Lev 2-5 and my man Zuccarello was 1+2 on 16:55 of TOI and was named number one star of the game.

Last edited:

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
What was that Malkin fiasko reports about?
Some blogger or "tweeter" invented a Malkin quote about (paraphasing) "getting on an airplane to Pittsburgh as soon as possible", and Russian online media, without verifying the quote, blasted it all over the Internet. Malkin then used some curse words towards them on Twitter. Also, in the course of Sunday, there were conflicting reports about Malkin and Gonchar playing or not playing that day, with some reports saying Malkin and Gonchar had already boarded a plane from Bratislava to Moscow. :shakehead And there I arrive at the arena, and the first thing I notice is Malkin in the pre-game skate. :)

Magnita beat Lev 2-5 and my man Zuccarello was 1+2 on 16:55 of TOI and was named number one star of the game.
Would you say it was also thanks to Å těpánek? That guy has had no luck whatsoever this season. :cry:

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Not financially. The ones with money will always grab the most sought after players, thus driving up the prices even more and bridging the gap between the big and small clubs even further.

Yes, but this is teams we're talking about. It doesn't matter if some club from Arab Emirates offers Messi, Ronaldo, RVP you name it like 500 000£ week salary, the chance they would move would still be pretty slim. Why? Who are you playing with and what for? Exactly. That's why big clubs in European leagues are at advantage, because they can offer the player a chance to play in CL.

The place where a player plays depends on 3 points:
1. money
2. living quality
3. what's at stake in that competition

In football points nr. 1 and 3 are what matter, and those are quite equal in top-4 European leagues. Not so much with hockey.

Edit: So what this has to do with hockey? Well, for North Americans the top league will always be NHL, no question. But theoretically KHL could move in as a stronger competitor if it could convince European top players to play there. Remember, for European hockey players the dream is to play with the best, not lift the Stanley Cup. If the best players would play in KHL, then the kids would dream about scoring the GWG in game 7 of Gagarin cup final. For Canadians at least, it's all about the SC and NHL it seems.

Not that I believe KHL has a chance of doing this for a long time, but theoretically speaking, it's possible.

Last edited:

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow
Agree with LOFIN :)

Anyway, to keep this thread on topic, Amur do some damage to Yugra's play off hopes after grabbing a 3-2 Shoot Out win. Gusev got an assist and scored 2/3 Shoot out goals in this match.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Levandovskiy to Neftekhimik (compensation unknown so far)
Vik.Kozlov - CSKA (compensation unknown so far)
Kagarlitksiy (rumored to Donbass)

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow
Levandovskiy to Neftekhimik (compensation unknown so far)
Vik.Kozlov - CSKA (compensation unknown so far)
Kagarlitksiy (rumored to Donbass)

He has been having a great season. Would be interesting to see him at Donbass, they are making a real push for the play offs. Wonder if he will join Dadonov's line.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Edit: So what this has to do with hockey? Well, for North Americans the top league will always be NHL, no question. But theoretically KHL could move in as a stronger competitor if it could convince European top players to play there. Remember, for European hockey players the dream is to play with the best, not lift the Stanley Cup. If the best players would play in KHL, then the kids would dream about scoring the GWG in game 7 of Gagarin cup final. For Canadians at least, it's all about the SC and NHL it seems.

Not that I believe KHL has a chance of doing this for a long time, but theoretically speaking, it's possible.

No, they still dream of playing in the NHL. That will always be more important than winning the Gagarin Cup. Stanley Cup>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gagarin Cup

ult

Sep 21, 2009
No, they still dream of playing in the NHL. That will always be more important than winning the Gagarin Cup. Stanley Cup>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gagarin Cup

Stanley who? Gagarin > all.

SC is crap

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

I don't know anyone who dreamed of winning the Stanley Cup. Me and my buddies etc. dreamed about being the Teemu Selänne, being the leading scorer in the leading hockey league of the world, playing with superstars, and trying to win it.

Let's say Stanley Cup is the trophy of KHL and the other way around with Gagarin Cup. Which do you prefer? It's not about the trophy, it's about who are you playing with to win it.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Semenov (Atl) taded to Loko for O.Yashin

Osipov rumored to Kazan'
Zherdev is rumored to Kazan'

who will Amur get for petruzhalek (it's a 3 way trade rumored to be a C - Karamnov, lol?)

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
Chara's hit from November. His intervertebral disc is lodged 4,5mm into his spinal cord. It might easily be a career-ending injury.

Sad news. Fingers crossed that he has the drive to play another season.

Also a number of Russian clubs are meant to be interested in getting Cada off of Slovan.

Slovan also meant to be signing 2-3 new players before the deadline. Mihalik has been diagnosed with a concussion after last night I believe (not surprised, apparently he was unconscious for five minutes). Knowing Slovan, they will probably sign people like Hovorka and Hascak.

Hemsky001

May 17, 2012
Dyn. Moscow send Richard Gynge to Lev & acquired Jakub Petruzalek from Amur.

We'll see if this is a good move. Petružálek will be a will be beneficial for the Dynamo but Gynge to Lev? I don't know he just lacks at defensive work.. Interesting anyway..

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don't know anyone who dreamed of winning the Stanley Cup. Me and my buddies etc. dreamed about being the Teemu Selänne, being the leading scorer in the leading hockey league of the world, playing with superstars, and trying to win it.

Let's say Stanley Cup is the trophy of KHL and the other way around with Gagarin Cup. Which do you prefer? It's not about the trophy, it's about who are you playing with to win it.

Well winning the Cup comes after becoming a regular in the NHL, naturally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad