KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) 2012-2013 General Discussion part III

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
I'd bet he doesn't play tomorrow though, that's for sure...
Why not? :amazed: My sense is the exact opposite: I can't understand why Višňovský wouldn't play against Traktor tomorrow. And Sekera, too. It's like Datsyuk said: the CBA isn't even signed on paper, so why shouldn't they continue playing in the KHL in the meantime? Even if it were signed, nothing is happening overseas these days. No training camp yet, let alone games. Boston Bruins went way overboard when they forbade Chára to play for Lev yesterday.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
He already said that he would play tomorrow. Plus, I just saw it confirmed on TV.

Confirmed in what way? ViÅ¡ňovský saying that with his own mouth? :laugh: These days, following the Malkin reports fiasco from Sunday, I'm doubly suspicious of any hockey-related news the media serve to us.

ebis

Dec 10, 2012
Czech Republic
Confirmed in what way? ViÅ¡ňovský saying that with his own mouth? :laugh: These days, following the Malkin reports fiasco from Sunday, I'm doubly suspicious of any hockey-related news the media serve to us.

I know, but still, TV is a bit more trustworthy than internet. It was sports news on Markíza, btw.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
I know, but still, TV is a bit more trustworthy than internet. It was sports news on Markíza, btw.

I have zero trust in TV news, and especially a channel like Markíza -- the TV equivalent of a tabloid newspaper. Their newscasts are a travesty. So, this is no "confirmation" for me. Of course, I hope ViÅ¡ňovský (and Sekera) will play tomorrow against Traktor, despite Sunday's farewell party. ;)

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Interesting...you guys are more clearly more tuned into the news out there than me (it's not that easy to get those kind of updates speaking only english and french and not knowing the news sources :laugh:), so will always differ to you guys, but I thought most NHLers would be sitting out/heading back at this point, it's basically a done deal...but I very might be completely wrong :laugh:

ebis

Dec 10, 2012
Czech Republic
Markíza -- the TV equivalent of a tabloid newspaper.

JOJ is definitely worse in this regard.

I know Pluska is a tabloid too, but I doubt they would make up a whole sentence he never said. And in that interview, he said "On Tuesday, I will play against Chelyabinsk", that's a pretty clear answer, no way it was taken out of context or anything.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
I know Pluska is a tabloid too, but I doubt they would make up a whole sentence he never said. And in that interview, he said "On Tuesday, I will play against Chelyabinsk", that's a pretty clear answer, no way it was taken out of context or anything.

See, that's where we differ. ;) Tabloid "journalists" are completely capable of inventing entire sentences and putting them in the interviewees' mouths, just to get the audience's attention. There was this guy on Sunday who invented the Malkin quote about boarding the airplane, which enraged Malkin on Twitter. :shakehead

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well, if a giant like Datsyuk begs to disagree... why could ViÅ¡ňovský (and Sekera) not do the same. :)

That's because when it comes to things like this one Datsyuk is not very bright ;) (see: his ability to talk English after 10 or so years in US)

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Erm... there's no direct correlation between the ability to learn foreign languages and general IQ. Learning languages is a specialized skill, in a sense similar to being a good hockey player. If you can't do it, that doesn't mean you're dumb. I always laugh a lot when reading or watching Datsyuk interviews, including those conducted in Russian -- and not because Datsyuk's answers are silly. They are frequently funny in a clever way. I do admit Datsyuk lacks the co(s)mic, intellectual depth of Bryzgalov. :laugh:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Islanders twitter seems to have confirmed that Visnovsky will finish the year with Slovan...certainly fantastic news for Slovan fans!

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Darn... looks like the "tabloid" newspaper may have gotten it right, for once, instead of the "respectable" newspaper! :amazed:

This couldn't have been premeditated by ViÅ¡ňovský. Why skate around the ice-rink for 5 minutes after the game last night, throwing your jersey and pieces of equipment to the crowd, if you know you're not leaving? Something must have broken in him since last night, that made up his mind that he would stay. Perhaps it was the 5-minute standing ovation by the sell-out crowd.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Feedback from the Islanders section of HFBoards:

I am just angry, what a m***** ****ing **** ****ing piece of ****. [...] **** you Vis, **** you! :eek:

You'd think a 37 year old would understand his obligation to his contract and honor it, instead of ditching it because hometown puppy dogs and rainbows make him feel butterfly excitement in his emotional tummy.

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow
Although he has to honour his contract, I would hate to have a player on my team who does not want to play for them and is basically forced to.

Although I don't like him, I understand him, living in your home country, with your own language and culture and in a beautiful city is tempting :)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Wow Islanders fans are such intitled little *****es.

On the other hand, that's understandable. As it stands now, they wasted ~35 draft pick on absolutely nothing while you can get a player like Jaskin, Rask, Collberg, Oullet and etc.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
On the other hand, that's understandable. As it stands now, they wasted ~35 draft pick on absolutely nothing while you can get a player like Jaskin, Rask, Collberg, Oullet and etc.
Yeah, it's still funny to me, though, seeing NHL get spurned for the KHL. I'll probably never see it happen, but although NHL is the league I follow closest, I yearn for the day when another league, say, KHL will be on equal footing, like you see in football.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Islanders twitter seems to have confirmed that Visnovsky will finish the year with Slovan...certainly fantastic news for Slovan fans!
Where did you hear Islanders' twitter confirmed the news? I can't find anything of that nature at the moment, and it seems it was one of their beat reporters who floated the "confirmation". I wouldn't put too much stock in that.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
First full game in KHL by Vasilevsky and his first shutout. Aaaand his first assist. :handclap:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad