KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) 2012-2013 General Discussion part III

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah, it's still funny to me, though, seeing NHL get spurned for the KHL. I'll probably never see it happen, but although NHL is the league I follow closest, I yearn for the day when another league, say, KHL will be on equal footing, like you see in football.

Equal footing in football? :laugh: Good one.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

I'd say EPL, La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga are pretty equally footed atm. Ofcourse, This has more to do with Champions League these days, which is the nr.1 dream for any footballer, aside from the WC and EURO naturally.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
lockout is over, times are tough for CSKA, barely conquered Avto in SO....

hoping, that Fedorov was ready and has some tentative agreement with potential reinforcements. I can see O. Petrov, Panarin, Korolyuk (renta players), Kagarlitskiy (can be bought out as it looks like Kuznya is finishing it's run in the KHL sooner than later), and if somehow we can manage to pry Zherdev - that would be great. D is pretty good, but offensive power is less than scary.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
lockout is over, times are tough for CSKA, barely conquered Avto in SO....

hoping, that Fedorov was ready and has some tentative agreement with potential reinforcements. I can see O. Petrov, Panarin, Korolyuk (renta players), Kagarlitskiy (can be bought out as it looks like Kuznya is finishing it's run in the KHL sooner than later), and if somehow we can manage to pry Zherdev - that would be great. D is pretty good, but offensive power is less than scary.

Can they call back Gusev?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Minsk, Torpedo, Donbass fall in regulation. Minsk and Donbass are a couple my well liked teams, but I really want Slovan in playoffs so...:yo: Severstal wins in regulation though :thumbd:

A Slovan win (most important) and a Lev loss against Magnitogorsk and it will be a pretty solid day all around...

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Only 1/4 of 2nd rounders become regular NHLers.

That's true but first of all, we are not talking about just a 2nd round pick but about very high 2nd round pick where you can still go with safe pick which you pretty much know will turn into a NHL player of some kind or go with high risk - high reward pick (a lot of teams do that and that's why ratio is 1/4) who may not pan out but also might become a star. You never know when you are getting Duncan Keith, Shea Weber or Loui Eriksson

Can they call back Gusev?

No, they traded him for good.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
OK, so the English Premier League might be a notch above the closest followers, but that's all it is, a notch. Like LOFIN mentioned, there are other leagues very close to it, and the gap isn't nearly as great as it is in hockey right now. You also don't see one-way traffic towards a single league like you do with the NHL, and there's plenty of excellent players that have left the EPL to play elsewhere instead. But yeah, be my guest and focus on that iota of difference in the footing to devalue my point.

ebis

Dec 10, 2012
Czech Republic
OK, so the English Premier League might be a notch above the closest followers, but that's all it is, a notch. Like LOFIN mentioned, there are other leagues very close to it, and the gap isn't nearly as great as it is in hockey right now. You also don't see one-way traffic towards a single league like you do with the NHL, and there's plenty of excellent players that have left the EPL to play elsewhere instead. But yeah, be my guest and focus on that iota of difference in the footing to devalue my point.

I know it's off topic, but IMO Bundesliga is already better than PL.

ebis

Dec 10, 2012
Czech Republic
Damn, another injured D from Slovan, that's 9 injured players now.

At least Miklik punished the hit with a PP snipe.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'd say EPL, La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga are pretty equally footed atm. Ofcourse, This has more to do with Champions League these days, which is the nr.1 dream for any footballer, aside from the WC and EURO naturally.

Not financially. The ones with money will always grab the most sought after players, thus driving up the prices even more and bridging the gap between the big and small clubs even further.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Radulov is practicing with the MHL squad for now. Based on his salary, very few teams can afford him and just a week left to sort it out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad