KHL 2015-2016 General Discussion

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Fans or the club itself? I hope the club doesn't suffer because of a few stupid racists. The "monkeys" should pay this price. 700.000 is a really big amount.

club, but club will try to demand this sum from 2 fans who were identificated. there is legal action by police

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
It's only 8468 euros...

I meant those two racist guys, it's nothing for Spartak for sure, and my point is exactly that; Spartak can pay 8,5K Euros for every word I speak and it wouldn't hurt them. So, where is the preventive measure? Throw as many bananas as you like, we pay and it's all OK. Many arenas in KHL are modernized enough to detect and identify offenders - you can easily see who did monkey chants or threw banana. If you fine those guys heavily or ban entry to the arena for at least one or two seasons, then people will think twice before doing that kind of stuff.

8K Euros could take you for 2 to 3 months in Finland at most I guess, but many people in Russia (and in my country) don't even get this money annually. So having to pay 8500 Euros as a Russian citizen must be fairly preventive in general.

Personally, I wouldn't mind being thrown bananas at either; in the end, it is rich in potassium which could be great to have while doing an explosive sport like ice hockey. Free and extra food is always nice. However, racist acts like that cannot be justified by saying so. It is directed at specific players as some kind of a racial insult and therefore has to be dealt with.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
That is exactly the sort of attitude which needs to be eradicated. It is a known cause of offence, so the whole "oh I wouldn't be offended" argument is stupid as hell.

You can't just sweep this under the carpet and hope it goes away.

It's the current year!!! LOL

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So Neftekhimik pretty much let the best roster they have ever assembled, which is one of the better ones in the conference IMHO, go to waste and is going to miss the playoffs. Krikunov is such a great coach, honest. If I couldn't get Nazarov to coach my team he would be my 2nd pick.

Whoa, I just realized Im thinking exactly same way Barys president does. Impressive.

I'm pretty sad for Neftekhimik: city, fans, players, even management, they deserve better. But oh well, I guess we all pay for the wrong choices in our lives.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
So, Ryspayev sucker punched Kempny and beat him up when he was down - watch.

That imbecile has already missed 6 games this year due to suspensions, it's time he gets the same treatment Vityaz goons did (15+ games), fined for a couple of millions, Barys fined a dozen of millions, and Nazarov is banned from "coaching" until 2018.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Sibir freefalling, Avangard on fire. I guess my Salavat Yulaev to become Eastern champions and SKA to top Bobrov division bets will fail miserably. Yikes. If the regular season was to end today, we would have a conference quarter-finals between Sibir and Ak Bars. Definitely a good one.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Sibir freefalling, Avangard on fire. I guess my Salavat Yulaev to become Eastern champions and SKA to top Bobrov division bets will fail miserably. Yikes. If the regular season was to end today, we would have a conference quarter-finals between Sibir and Ak Bars. Definitely a good one.
They sure are, on fire!

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad