KHL 2015-2016 General Discussion

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Search for russian site probrosa.net

This is the closest to what I want but there is a mistake: According to this website, Vityaz will host Spartak on Jan 3. In reality, there is no such fixture.

And never ever in this world I'd have thought that I would be looking forward to seeing a game between Barys and Yugra that much... I really hate those breaks but eh, people have families and lifes to live, for sure.

Last edited:

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
More or less the same, he didn't have plastic surgery.

Thanks for this groaner thus saving me from doing that. :laugh:

So, another OT loss for Kuzyna, giving them 42nd point in 45th game which looks... Eh, not good. So I decided to check for lowest point and point-per-game average in brackets, season by season,

2008-09, Khimik Voskresensk, 39 points in 56 games (0,69)
2009-10, Metallurg Novokuznetsk, 52 points in 56 games (0,92)
2010-11, Metallurg Novokuznetsk, 41 points in 54 games (0,75)
2011-12, Vityaz Chekhov, 44 points in 54 games (0,81)
2012-13, Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg, 35 points in 52 games (0,67)
2013-14, Amur Khabarovsk, 45 points in 54 games (0,83)
2014-15, Amur Khabarovsk, 45 points in 60 games (0,75)

So both the overall lowest point record and lowest percentage of point-per-game belongs to Avto which set the bar high (!) and I think this will be the worst overall record of KHL. It's too difficult to remain under 35pts now in KHL, especially with 60 games to play in hand. Kuzyna already secured 0,70 PPG so they are OK in this sence.

There is no particular point I want to make. I just wanted to calculate it upon seeing Kuzyna lose. One thing struck me though: out of 7 seasons so far, West had 2 "failed" teams whereas East had 5 of them.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Anyone has an idea or anything to say about Admiral? Some analysis in Russian could also be very well taken. I really want to read and hear something about them. They are the best Eastern team in last 25 games, only topped by CSKA overall with 6pts. They got a few players (I mean, by transfers) but is it this? They look really dangerous and will surely put on a good fight in play-offs.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
They are just clicking. They obviously took quite a few gambles with VHL players most notably but it all seems to work for them. This year is obviously a fluke but as someone said, a fluke is one of the most common fish in the sea, so if you go fishing for a fluke, chances are you just might catch one. And they caught one this year.

Roster-wise, their leading scorers have scored more points in the KHL this season than in their entire careers before and they have Yegor Dugin as 1C so..

Last edited:

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
DYN - JOK

laola started broadcasting 15-20 mins before the game, was kinda cool, seeing things around the new arena, both locker rooms and entire intro.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
There is still some way until play-offs so instead of creating a new topic, I would like to ask it here to everyone: Do you guys agree with the opinion that this is the most unpredictable season in terms of championship capabilities? I've read various things about that, especially in interviews by KHL.

The season overall is really nice and I enjoy watching every game but to me it seems CSKA is the main canditate for Gagarin Cup. It's not like there are 5 or 6 teams who could run for it... Big guns like Ak Bars and Salavat stutter. Some may argue Sibir and Magnitka are doing good job but I can't see them surviving a best of seven series against a team like CSKA.

In the West, Saint Petersburgians are not doing well. I believe they will get first place in the division, thus entering play-off as 2nd seeded team, yet again they don't look trustworthy in a 7-game series; let alone CSKA, even against Torpedo or Sochi. Teams ranking from 4th to 8th place are not capable of surprising either in my opinion: Who will shock the top teams? Slovan? Barys? Neftehimik?

As I said, the league is getting better and better overall but when it comes down to the question, "Who will get the title?" I can't find any other answer than CSKA - well I am not a CSKA fanboy, actually I don't even like them.

So what are your opinions on that statement? Do you think we may see surprises and a good play-off run from different teams this season?

ult

Sep 21, 2009
DYN - JOK

laola started broadcasting 15-20 mins before the game, was kinda cool, seeing things around the new arena, both locker rooms and entire intro.

They didn't do this before? For the last couple of years every KHL broadcast had this. Teams arriving, locker rooms and so on.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I don't know if it will be the most unpredictable Gagrin Cup, but interesting for sure.

Loko and CSKA seem to be 2 easy favorites in the West (how CSKA managed to blow that lead last year is still beyond me), Magnitka is on fire so far, great forwards roster, good goaltending, the rest of the East is pretty up for grabs IMO. Right now I'd bet on the CSKA-Magnitogorsk final with CSKA winning their 1st championship since USSR (I know they won the Kontinent Cup last year). I'm not sold on Avangard, and Sibir may face some money problems (though it would be too awesome if they won it all).

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
They didn't do this before? For the last couple of years every KHL broadcast had this. Teams arriving, locker rooms and so on.

To be honest, i am not 100% sure, if i am correct laola usually starts broadcasting just before the puck drop, however i am not sure.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Well, regarding the Hedberg incident, I'm certain it was a couple of clowns from football Spartak fanbase, which is notorious for a large amount of neo-nazis.
- Spartak formally apologized;
- Kamenskiy and Zhamnov said they tracked down 2 fans who did it and will require a lifetime ban on them;
- KHL said they will act according to the official protocol;
- probably a discussion for another subforum, but I don't think I would act offended if someone threw a potato near me.

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
Well, regarding the Hedberg incident, I'm certain it was a couple of clowns from football Spartak fanbase, which is notorious for a large amount of neo-nazis.
- Spartak formally apologized;
- Kamenskiy and Zhamnov said they tracked down 2 fans who did it and will require a lifetime ban on them;
- KHL said they will act according to the official protocol;
- probably a discussion for another subforum, but I don't think I would act offended if someone threw a potato near me.

That is exactly the sort of attitude which needs to be eradicated. It is a known cause of offence, so the whole "oh I wouldn't be offended" argument is stupid as hell.

You can't just sweep this under the carpet and hope it goes away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad