KHL 2015-2016 General Discussion

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
“There are certain expectations of how you are expected to perform.â€
Which becomes a complaint about a salary while translated from English into Jussian.
I'm not defending Kovalchuk's salary or something, but don't invent something that isn't there.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Which becomes a complaint about a salary while translated from English into Jussian.
I'm not defending Kovalchuk's salary or something, but don't invent something that isn't there.

When you are making as much money as Kovy is, there are expectations. So that is exactly what he's saying.

Last edited:

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Wanted to ask about Gusev's new contract.
Any possibility that there might be a clause in the contract that allows him to go to Tampa after next season? (instead of having to wait 2 more seasons)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Wanted to ask about Gusev's new contract.
Any possibility that there might be a clause in the contract that allows him to go to Tampa after next season? (instead of having to wait 2 more seasons)

Considering it's SKA I don't think it's possible.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Is it too early to start KHL 2016 play-off thread? Top 7 for each conference is already set. Five teams (Slovan, Minsk, Avto, Barys and Neftehimik) fighting for three spots, so it's not that hard to guess there either.

Both conferences still have important regular season games to determine seedings. I hope Loko won't get SKA in first round though. That would make it even easier for CSKA to sweep through West.

Acallabeth

Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I think it's more reasonable to start this thread after the playoff hunt is over, but create it if you think there's something to discuss already :dunno:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
^^^ yes, I agree... unless insistent, we'll start the Playoff Thread when the regular seasons fini.

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
Question relevant to the recent discussion about a team in London.

What are the rules on wages in the KHL, with regard to the currency they are paid in. Are all wages paid in rubles or is it the national currency of the country the team is based in. E.g. do Slovan pay their players in euros?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
As far as I know none of the wages are payed in rubles, Russians are using USD since forever for this kind of thing, for a good reason.

Acallabeth

Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
It's forbidden by law to make pays in Russia in anything but rubles, and I definitely know that MNK players have contracts in rubles and are paid in rubles. No idea for the other teams.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
As far as I know none of the wages are payed in rubles, Russians are using USD since forever for this kind of thing, for a good reason.
Always nice when people from outside tell us what we do "since forever":sarcasm:

All wages are payed in rubles and nobody in Russia is using USD since forever. Why?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Question relevant to the recent discussion about a team in London.

What are the rules on wages in the KHL, with regard to the currency they are paid in. Are all wages paid in rubles or is it the national currency of the country the team is based in. E.g. do Slovan pay their players in euros?

Local regulations apply. Every team follows the laws of the country. Russian teams pay in rubles. Slovan pays in Euros.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Always nice when people from outside tell us what we do "since forever":sarcasm:

All wages are payed in rubles and nobody in Russia is using USD since forever. Why?

Sure thing. And Kovalchuk signed his contract in rubles.. Give me a break. Probably that's why currency exchanges ran out of dollars to sell after all this Ukraine shabang started - because Russians have no use for them.

Although I guess there is a difference between signing something in rubles and getting payed in rubles.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Though the reference point for the league is RUB, I guess? Am I right? For example, salary cap or anything similar to that is determined in RUB. I remember something like that.

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View PostLocal regulations apply. Every team follows the laws of the country. Russian teams pay in rubles. Slovan pays in Euros-
Great, thanks.

for the foreigners at (russian) clubs: if player agent and team agree on some exchange rate clause in contract, this is a possibility to rule out the risk of "loosing" money due to exchange rate changes...
this was not at mind till 2014, but after rubel devaluation it came to attention. but again: must be agreed.
so then of course they pay out (and tax) in rubels, but the amount is adopted by the exchange rate clause..
if radulov & kovalchuk also have some clause would be interesting. as russians they live and spent money in russia in rubels, but maybe they want compare it with USD :nod:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Though the reference point for the league is RUB, I guess? Am I right? For example, salary cap or anything similar to that is determined in RUB. I remember something like that.

Yeah it is, as long as you take it seriously. But as we know salary is cap is more of a joke in this league as it literally does nothing.

Acallabeth

Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Sochi on rampage, 24-8 in their last 5 games and scoring 6 in 3 straight. 5th team in the league to 100 points.

Kuznya wins 2 games to at least be just last, not last by a mile. Kirill Lebedev is an awesome pickup.

Oh and yeah, congratulations to CSKA to winning Viktor Tikhonov Kontinent Cup again!

Last edited:

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
SoundAndFury's criticism is not without concrete, many people already argue this and you know what, most of them are Russians. I don't know why some of Russian lads here get offended with everything negative about KHL... We all love this league; otherwise, we wouldn't bother writing about it. Things to criticize should be criticized. Nothing wrong with that. You know, we discuss what we like and what we don't about the league and so on. Anyone is smart enough to stop following KHL, so please stop being so negative and close to dialogue... "Why are you writing if you don't love KHL?" is not the way to go. We are here to speak about KHL, right?

Think of those criticism kind of a kid spank. You spank your kid because you care about him/her. You value his/her life so you can sometimes get angry and very critical. Same goes with KHL. We all write tons of **** about this league, because we love it and we want it to be even better. Do not behave like we are all agents who want to destroy KHL and Russia.

Last edited by a moderator:

Acallabeth

Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
What a weird game in Ufa. CSKA rests half of the leaders, so Salavat wins 1-0. Only 35 shots, 19 penalties, ~50 hits, 2 fights, but it was entertaining in its own way.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
DAVAI BOYZ. Still more than 12 hours to go... Meh. If I was a dictator, I would ban the national team players from entering this stupid EHT so that the league could run smoothly. KHL > EHT

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
DAVAI BOYZ. Still more than 12 hours to go... Meh. If I was a dictator, I would ban the national team players from entering this stupid EHT so that the league could run smoothly. KHL > EHT

National teams > leagues. IIHF rules also obligate teams to release players for international games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad